It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 This should start alarm bells!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A million library books to be sent down the mines

ONE million books from Manchester's Central Library – including valuable volumes dating back to the 15th century - are to be put into temporarily storage with many going deep underground in the Cheshire salt mines.

Experts say the mine's caverns – the size of 700 football pitches - provide the perfect environment for preserving the manuscripts, which include the works of eminent academics.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

----------------------------------

Didn't something similar happen in the 2012 movie?

Its scary that there going down there for 3 years, they will be back out in the year 2013, 1 year after 2012

This is a concpriacy website and i can smell conspiracy, share your thoughts ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Without evidence for a conspiracy there is no rational reason to assume there is one. Books being put in a cave is not evidence, it's just preservation, something that librarians and anyone else in charge of precious books do every single day of the year.

Chalk this up to "over-active imagination".

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hmm... Surely they are secure enough in a special part of a libary in some cabinet or safe.

Why deep underground in a salt mine? Why are they bringing them back up a year after the supposed 'doomsday'?

This probably seems stupid but they could be looking after them whilst the # storm is happening above ground. But if theres going to be tsunamis, earthquakes and plently of disasters, then nowhere is safe really.

Unless 2012 in't going to be natural disasters but something man made?

Zombies please.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Zombies would be epic, but i don't think they have much interest in old books

This mine is huge! 700 Football pitches is huge!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Remember this?

"Tom Cruise is planning to build a US$10 million bunker under his Telluride estate." "It's a self-contained underground shelter with a high tech air purifying shelter." The facility is said to have enough room for ten people - including wife Katie Holmes, 17-month-old daughter Suri and his adopted children Isabella, 14, and Connor, 12.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just so ya know, theres already a thread on this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ah gawd damn! Hi rising

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wait a minute, what about Magazine's, we are gonna need some Magazine's Dang nab it......

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
maybe they are putting them down there because of the Olympics and the possibility of terrorist attacks?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Maybe they are putting them down there to store while they renovate the library?

All those nasty fumes could damage the books so I imagine a good arid environment like a salt mine would be wonderful

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This also might be related to that one massive hyder flare coming out of the sun.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My alarm bell turned off after Y2K.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The Mission Impossible actor, who is a dedicated follower of Scientology, is reportedly fearful that deposed galactic ruler 'Xenu' is plotting an evil revenge attack on Earth.

He believes aliens will attack us sometime soon , that's why he built that bunker

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Matches in with 2012

Ok Xenu i'mma ready for you! *raises his fists* 1 on 1!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The fact that they are putting them into this underground bunker, that would most likely survive some big catastrophy, Is proof enough for conspiracy. If you try to say they are trying to preserve books because that's what they are supposed to do, Then pleaseeee explain to me why they are putting them underground, in something this big, And the fact that they are saving books that are Important, not Harry potter, Not Childrens books, No, History books and such. I was skeptical to this, Until! I saw the fact that they would be saved until 2013. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! That is just ridiculous. SOmething is up, and TPTB know about it. The end is near.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Funny, I don't know why, but this thread, and it's twin thread, seem to bother me more than any of the rest of the news I've read on this topic.... Strange thing's afoot these day's......

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No way! I loved that library!

Goddamn it, and it's not good if they are doing it in manchester which means the potential false messiah revealing at the Summer olympics will reach here as well

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hm, first of all storage for renovation seemed reasonable but the article claimed that a mine is perfect conditions for storing books ???

Mines tend to be damp, very damp and flood a lot hardly perfect conditions for ancient paper manuscripts.

Unless of course the mines were renovated first ?

I think I'll phone them tomorrow and find out what the hell their doing and why.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qaw2594
you try to say they are trying to preserve books because that's what they are supposed to do, Then pleaseeee explain to me why they are putting them underground, in something this big,

Because they are storing 1 million books and because a salt mine is extremely dry...you don't want moisture on pages you wish to preserve

I really cannot wait until 2013 when this BS is gone

2 reasons

1: don't have to hear this 2012 junk anymore

2: we can move onto picking the next date

-Kyo

[edit on 23-2-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They better make sure they put a whack of playboy's and hustlers in that underground bunker too!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join