It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Is Hell.. But We Seem To Like It....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It does seem that way... I have to admit myself, when the blast of war blows I get a little excited like a school boy...

I joined the British Army at an early age, and like many saw action in the Gulf war and Northern Ireland.. Have to say they were exciting times, and even though I moaned like a bitch quite often, getting wet, cold, and spat on, it was still fun with the lads... And the job had its very exciting moments... I also served with the IDF, which was VERY exciting at some points...

So what is it with us??? Its hell while we are at it, but afterwards we seem to take great pleasure in pulling up a sand bag, swinging the light and telling our war stories... Even now when I see the boys in Afganistan on the TV I get a surge of jealousy and wish I was with them
Then there is the fact that when there is a war brewing somewhere on the horizon, I start to feel like how a war horse feels when they can hear the drums in the distance and get excited with the anticipation of battle... What up with that!!????

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So what is it with us??? Its hell while we are at it, but afterwards we seem to take great pleasure in pulling up a sand bag, swinging the light and telling our war stories
reply to post by Yissachar1

Testosterone Poisoining.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
War is hell and should be avoided at all costs!

There are no do overs, there is no respawning! War is not a video game. People die, they have always died. Men Women and Children get caught in the crossfire. If people don't like war then I suggest taking that up with their leaders. Elected politicians declare wars. Not Soldiers.

The Soldier is the one who prays for peace but prepares for war. He is the one stuck in the cold, the muck and sees death first hand. All the chest pounding you see on Youtube videos of young ignorant soldiers with their chest pounding while they are hooping and hollering, All of that BS goes right out the window after their first real firefight.

If they are lucky enough to survive they come away with a much more serious and realistic understanding of the situation.

Enough Said.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Do you giggle at the thought of a baby shot apart when a few stray bullets slams through the wall of a home, laugh at the sight of dirty body parts shrewn around a missile strike, chortle at a family of 5 handcuffed on the floor, roar with laughter at the sight of a baby afflicted by depleted uranium slugs?

War isn't # funny- Would you think it so funny if your country was invaded by testerone-pumping soldiers raping left and right, shooting your loved ones all in the name of Godless elites who use dumb, young men as animals to further their own delusions of grandeur.

Play FPS games instead.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm with you on that, but even though I have been shot at and bombed, have lost friends and have seen some horrific things.. That pang of jealousy still hits me when i see the boys in action.. Screaming at the TV that they are too close together in their patrol formations.. As if they can here me or something
.... And those immortal words "FIX BAYONETS" still do very strange things to me... It a bit like Megan Fox asking me upstairs

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think so
Maybe need some estrogen to level out lol

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was obsessed with war as a kid. I was the only one in my school who collected the Gulf War trading cards and I built all model aircraft of the Gulf War. When i grew up, I realised these weapons of war, kill and maim innocent civillians caught up in the cross fire.

I'm now against all wars as they only benefit the rich and send poor people to their deaths

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Do you giggle at the thought of a baby shot apart when a few stray bullets slams through the wall of a home, laugh at the sight of dirty body parts shrewn around a missile strike, chortle at a family of 5 handcuffed on the floor, roar with laughter at the sight of a baby afflicted by depleted uranium slugs?
reply to post by star in a jar

Of course I don't! You would have to be a complete moron/pshyco... However in those situations its where humans are at there very best.. Those babies would be protected by me...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I sense you're heading for the group bonding thing ! A little action with it ?

I'll suggest, join the boy scouts to people who get exited from war .

I'm not sharing this feeling !

The team building Yes ! I play football and basketball occasionally some survive ling. I love it !

I don't want anyone getting killed or die when I'm doing thes things !

Where does it come from. We like group bonding and eventually do everything for the group.
Even if it means invading a foreign country. Killing it's inhabitants
It's now common knowledge this war in Iraq is an illegal war.
WTF
Are does soldiers there doing they should deny any fighting !

We do not belong there. It is their country. their oil. Their children, parents and so on who are dying and we got the nerve to judge them ? for killing our soldiers ?

War is all about a handful of power longing people. Greed !. Not ever any people had any use in any war to gain.
Only the ones sending us in.
The next one is already waiting around the corner.

Insane !!

Say NO ! To war.

Edit
I'm not pointing to anyone here just out loud thinking !

[edit on 23/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hey, don't get me wrong.. I'm against war too... Thats why I asked the question... War is just evil, mass theft... Always has been... But why is the male of the species (or just me) so very up for it when it comes?? What is it about our species?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I have been off active duty for 3 years now, I was wounded during the Surge, However when I see the fighting in Afghan, I to yearn to go back but common sense tells me you made through it twice a third time is pushing your luck....

I dont know why, My wife calls me an adrenaline junky, which is prolly true because now I ride a Desk at the VA, and I am bored out of my freaking mind.

But its better then seeing young folks die over something stupid.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sure would be nice if we could stop with the war crap that is feeding the military industrial complex... and instead spend the money on space exploration.

That was my big dream for the 21st Century.. we would stretch our wings to the stars!! Get into space so man would survive the next big mass extinction event.. But no.. we have to expend our resources battling a bunch of knuckle dragging imbiciles who want to live in the 14th century.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm sorry you got wounded mate.. Even more sorry that you are in a boring job.......
With me Its about the mates you make and those shared experiences in pretty dire circumstances... Making it through.... But as a civvy you never get those kind of friendships ever again...

I have been a professional soldier nearly all my adult life.. And coming out into civvy street has been a strange and alarming experience too... You go from being a respected part of a unit to mowing your front lawn and working in a factory in the blink of an eye... Traumatizing!! I still yearn to be in green.. But my missus would kill me

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I think human nature can be its own extinction level event.............

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
With me Its about the mates you make and those shared experiences in pretty dire circumstances... Making it through.... But as a civvy you never get those kind of friendships ever again...

I still yearn to be in green..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fbff31363c4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d60d1fd1e1b7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b3c14c9d406.jpg[/atsimg]

SLAYER jr

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d8998649bb6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Serving means different things to different people. When Desert Storm kicked up I enlisted to serve my country, as past generations did. Unfortunately I was too old. It had nothing to do with battle or buddies, it was about serving my country.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I'm 16 and even I get a little excited when I hear about tension between countries, etc. I would like to join the marines or paras because of the experience, the friends you get, and just to see action on the front line.

Some experiences could be good, and would be a worthy story to tell your kids and grandchildren.

But the stories I hear about warcrimes piss me off. Like the massacre of My Lai in the Vietnamese war, where US soldiers shot babies and children as well as adults. One even raped a 13 year old girl.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hey, don't get me wrong.. I'm against war too... Thats why I asked the question... War is just evil, mass theft... Always has been... But why is the male of the species (or just me) so very up for it when it comes?? What is it about our species?

I'm sure there is probably something addictive about being in the action, the adrealin, but humans have always been a fighting species. we are just monkeys with bigger weapons to kill each other with.

Have you seen the movie The Hurt Locker. not seen it yet but deals with addictive nature of war.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

If I may be so bold as to give you a little advice.... Don't do it mate.... The wars being fought at the moment are unjust in my opinion... Also the tactics used by the enemy using roadside IED's is not a way you would wan't to go... Many of the troops when they are discharged are left out to dry.. Thats a horrible and embittering part of it.. The goverment and country you served washes its hands of you.... However... You do make great mates.. Have experiences and see things that many will never see, and you will always have a shared sense of brotherhood with many people... Its your life though.. And I would think long and hard first.. Talk to a few vets etc...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

All FPS games and war movies are is VR for young potential soldier's

In war morals go out of the window, pillaging,looting and raping are seen as the spoils. All armies do that..don't be fooled

It has been for countless milennia, people that don't fight and sit on their arse all day doing menial jobs and enjoying watching movies,football,writing anti government letter's should know the only reason they can do that is because of soldier's who fight and die for YOU to have that freedom

I can also understand why you would be jealous it's the andrenaline and testosterone pumping through you in the gunfight. When i was with the army training from (July 2007-June 2008) my first weapon training i was addicted and i long to shoot a rifle again and be with the lads, But i was injured in 2008 during urban warfare training but it's ok now and i will be applying again in 2011 as i need to finish college and get fit again.

To the OP maximum respect for your service, the things you must of witnessed i can't even imagine, ignore the haters as they don't have the guts to do what you did and know there are civilians who are proud of the current soldiers and veterans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join