It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
*** Please refer to this thread: A Conversations Collaborative Writting if you would like to join. This is for members of the collaboration only.

Original Post

Sitting on the sidewalk, Travis looked up at the lights of city. An orange veil, covering the night sky, preventing him from seeing what he so longed for. The stars were all he could think about lately. I guess his new telescope hadn't helped his situation either.

It wasn't very busy night on the strip. Some people returning from a late night work and traffic was somewhat light. An eerie feeling was felt in the air.

If only I had somebody to talk to, he thought to himself.....

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A Conversation Continued.

Sunset...

Not sunset as in time...no...sunset at The Strip near Hollywood and Vine.

Travis resided atop a complex looking over the mythical town.

`Hey youse...gotta light...

I `ll give ya a drag...

Travis was startled.

(this is a One..as stated in the rules)

[edit on 23-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

A Conversation Continued

Travis looked up at the stranger, a bit startled.

"Yup, here ya go."

Travis pulled out his zippo and flicked it open, the orange flame reminded him of the city lights once again.

" Long night? It seems everybody is just kinda of wandering the strip tonight "

The stranger passed the cigarette and Travis took a big drag..

" Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Travis.."

He passed the smoke back and waited..

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
A Conversation Continued

The old man coughed.

I fergot who i waz ...he sputtered.

Funny how that iz since the sky got turned orange.

The old man stood up and stretched revealing a tall gangly old scarecrow kind of look.

Looking down at Travis he spoke as the smoke escaped his lips `...iz gonna be a while before anybodys cares who ya once waz...

[edit on 23-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

A Conversation Ended

What a strange man Travis thought to himself. The fact that he looked like a creature from beyond didn't really help either I guess...

Then again, everybody in on the strip seemed to be more and more creature like these days.

Getting up and dusting himself off, Travis began to speak.

" Well, it is time for me to continue on my way stranger. Thanks for the drag and I will keep your advice in mind. "

Travis moved from the top of the complex, down the stairs on onto the walkway, continuing his search for people to talk to..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A Conversation Started

As Travis stood leaning on the handrail overlooking the throng of people below, a voice spoke from behind.
"Hello Travis." 
Travis moved to see his new vocal companion.
"Don't look at me, keep your eyes on the people, I'm not here," the voice said sternly. Travis stayed in his posture, his eyes slightly wide with unease.
"So, Travis," the voice said, "you didn't think you could hide for ever did you? You're smarter than that, or at least, you were."
The tone of smugness and hatred in every syllable pierced Travis' ears, the voice's smile was obvious even if unseen.
"I'll cut to the chase," the voice continued, it's source seeming to move to Travis' right, "where's the girl?"

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

A Conversation Continued.

Travis shifted his weight nervously. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied.

The man behind him snickered. The malevolent sound sent shivers up Travis' spine. "Figured you try and pull that crap," the voice sneered. "But ain't gonna work this time."

Travis opened his mouth to protest, but felt something hard dig into his back.

"Listen close, wiseass." The man behind him snarled. "Listen real close, cause I'm only gonna say this once. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to count to three. When I get to three, I'm going to pull this trigger. Got that? Good. Here we go.

One....."

Travis took a deep breath and gulped. "Wait a minute!" he cried. "You've gotta listen, you're making a ..."

"Two...."

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

A Conversation Continued

Travis knew this one meant business, although he didn't think they would have caught up with him in such short time. He figured wandering the strip would make him seem more like a local than a fugitive.

"Two"

"WAIT!" Shouted Travis at the top of his lungs.

" You got this all wrong man. I'm not the guy your looking for. I'm just the look out."

The man paused for a second, contemplating this information. Travis knew they'd never got a clear picture of his face, just the clothes he was wearing.

" A man came a gave me this coat, he said that if anybody came looking for me to run away and then call this number."

He handed the man the piece of paper and he stared intently at it, attempting to figure out his next move.

"If I find this is a lie I will kill you." Said the man. Travis could hear footsteps behind him, when he turned to look, the man was gone.

top topics

join