It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece: Basically a bank run is in full progress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
Im a greek who lives in Germany and is going to move to Greece soon.

It looks like i might throw some stones down there. Cant wait

Hey check this out!

Focus cover response

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
if you think greece is in a bad situation, italy's foreign debt is 3 times more. 3 times!
i hope we are not gonna pay for the stupidity of our politicians, sinco hope is the last to die...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristIsHere
Do you think, and this is just what i think, that maybe the Illuminati caused the collapse in Greece to see what effects it would have so that they could get prepared in doing it to America? You know like maybe they were doing a "trial run" to see what would happen. So they can prepare... I'm just saying. Think outside the box =D

Like yourself since being awoken from this worldwide mass hypnotic trance, i tend to think outside the box as much as possible. I dont think i could trust myself to think like the masses for fear of being hypnotised again.

I believe you are correct. The Illuminati are without doubt in my opinion a 100% behind this. Regarding the trial run, well why not? It's certainly possible and i wouldn't put it anything past this lot.

The worlds economy is in dyer shape right now as we all know. So when the dollar weakens the price of gold rises, i understand. But i don't know about you but have you seen the amount of adverts on TV/internet/papers etc for buying your unwanted gold? They're everywhere, certainly more than i'd expect in this current crisis. It's like these companies know something that others don't.

It's been said before by many like minded people that they(NWO,Illuminati etc) want to destroy economies for their hidden agendas. So should we hang on to any gold we have right now? Because maybe the money we'd get if we sold it might be worthless in the very near future.

Now we have problems in the Falklands and in Iran. I don't know, call me Mr Suspicious Pants but i can imagine the UK, America and maybe a few other countries are watching their very plans beginning to unfold.

Come on, you just know America are dying to do Iran and the Brits would love to do Argentina properly this time. And that's only the very tip of the iceberg, well i think. If you want to piss off....hmmmm.....lets say Argentina.......you'd probably start drilling for oil very close to there waters. Especially with the two countries history. If you wanted to piss the UK off......insult their Queen......blah blah blah and i'm not going to even bother about the Iran thing as it's pretty much obvious.

But maybe i'm wrong and i accept this, i really do. It's only my point of view but i do think it's important to read between the lines and like you said, think outside the box.

Apologies for waffling on

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

You have to laugh, seriously, a single financial institution hides the countries debts by camouflaging them and everyone says that it is 'within the rules' let me tell you just in case you don't know this THERE ARE NO RULES!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Germany on Wednesday rejected Greek accusations that Berlin had failed to properly compensate Greece for Nazi occupation in World War Two, saying it had provided billions of euros worth of aid.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
nm

[edit on 2/24/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We should learn from Greece. Bank runs and General strikes are the way to go instead of riots and burning.

The PTB would preffer riots , beacuse fewer people get involved in them and they are easily dispersed because the rest of the population is not too keen on their infrastructure burning.

Take away the money and the Government will fall to its knees. Now if only my fellow Americans would get off their butts...

Here is a Viideo I made on this topic:

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Bahb3]

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Bahb3]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok Please excuse my ignorance but if I was thinking about moving to Greece or Italy will the home prices come down?

What about the Euro? Whenever we've gone to Europe the dollar is always weaker. I'd like to go and actually feel like we got a deal versus the other way around.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I don't see why it truly matters if Greece is owed the money anyway. They will not be getting it. Ever. Germany has the strongest economy in the Eurozone right now. If Germany withdrew it's support, the EU would fall apart. Guess who is getting their butt kissed? It's not Greece.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Watch this video of how the NWO took control of Argentina in 2001, what many believe was a trial run for a global takeover!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Try this link instead

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
Italy masked finances worse than Greece - Pangalos

NOT AT ALL. Italy has arguably the world's strongest economy.

The private and public sectors might be in a mess, but the black economy is just as strong as ever. All those dud Cartier watches, kick-backs on Interstate highways no-one needs, Manhattan protection scams and union racketeering pours buckets of dough into Sicily by the hour. Official unemployment might be high there, but rest assured, the Mafia will always be there to ensure Italians will never starve, so long as they know what's good for them!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtok7
Try this link instead

www.youtube.com...

Can't see what this guy is whining on about.

He says if you are dealing with liars and swindlers, you stop dealing with them. OF COURSE NOT. You send them to Argentina where they deserve that sort of treatment.

He actually has the cheek to complain about people losing their life savings in Argentina. Why?

He shows Argentinians being beaten with truncheons in the street. So, what's wrong with that?

Look, the Argentina is a graspy no good country who just run around trying to grab everyone else's land. Falklands, Antarctica, South Georgia - they just don't learn.

A really, really, really good whipping is the only thing they understand - all day and every day. I am only saddened by seeing how lightly they keep being let off.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Greece set off the crisis rattling the euro zone. Spain could determine whether the 16-nation currency stands or falls.

The euro zone's No. 4 economy, Spain has an unemployment rate of 19%, a deflating housing bubble, big debts and a gaping budget deficit. Its gross domestic product contracted 3.6% in 2009 and is expected to shrink again this year, leaving Spain in its deepest and longest recession in a half-century.

Euro-zone heavyweights Germany and France have pledged to support Greece if necessary. But any bailout for Spain—whose $1.6 trillion economy is nearly double those of troubled euro-zone partners Greece, Portugal and Ireland combined—would be far costlier.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Greece set off the crisis rattling the euro zone. Spain could determine whether the 16-nation currency stands or falls.

The euro zone's No. 4 economy, Spain has an unemployment rate of 19%, a deflating housing bubble, big debts and a gaping budget deficit. Its gross domestic product contracted 3.6% in 2009 and is expected to shrink again this year, leaving Spain in its deepest and longest recession in a half-century.

Euro-zone heavyweights Germany and France have pledged to support Greece if necessary. But any bailout for Spain—whose $1.6 trillion economy is nearly double those of troubled euro-zone partners Greece, Portugal and Ireland combined—would be far costlier.

A "shock and awe" infusion aimed at renewing faith in Spain's finances, should it be necessary, would take roughly $270 billion, according to an estimate by BNP Paribas. It estimates similar confidence-restoring moves in Greece, Ireland or Portugal would require $68 billion, $47 billion and $41 billion, respectively.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
If this was about America, it would have well over 100 flags and 500 replies by now. This is an extremely important event that everybody around the globe should be paying attention to, since it could be what's happening soon all over.

Yes if it were about america it would be 100 flags 500 posts at least half of which stating that the USA is finally getting exactly what it deserves. . .

Everyone has been watching Greece for a while now. As if they we're just watching to see how it would turn out (just like another poster said). There are some ideas about some sort of domino effect from greece causing collapses in france -> germany -> u.k. -> u.s. -> china.

It apparently origninated on Glen Beck's Show but i wasn't watching so I'm ot exactly sure. Can anyone find a clip?

Kenneth Rogoff said this in an article

"Greece is just the beginning," he said. "We usually see a bunch of sovereign defaults [in the years following a banking crisis]... I predict we will again. It's very hard to call the timing but it will happen."

As well as his time at the IMF – he was chief economist from 2001-2004 – Prof Rogoff is best known for predicting the collapse of a number of major banks in the summer of 2008, which came true with the implosion of Lehman Brothers, and the need for rescues of both Halifax Bank of Scotland and the Royal Bank of Scotland.

On Greece, Prof Rogoff expects the IMF – not the European Union – to eventually bail out of the Mediterranean nation. He said: "I don't think Europe's going to succeed."

He also takes a very dim view of the US's debt situation, saying the US "is in a state of paralysis in its fiscal policy". However, he believes America is more likely to tighten monetary policy ahead of spending cuts: "When they start tightening monetary policy even a little bit, it's going to send shockwaves through the system."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It seems no one is predicting sunshine anymore other that the U.S administration. I find it almost amusing that even when the world is burning down around them the talking heads in Washington just sit and grin. . . . and it's time to tell them to sit and spin (if you follow me
)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

It seems no one is predicting sunshine anymore other that the U.S administration. I find it almost amusing that even when the world is burning down around them the talking heads in Washington just sit and grin. . . .

Remember Baghdad Bob?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2b7404f13f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4b856c88ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Wow, what a nerve to say something like that.

I wonder if they are really in that much trouble there throwing out the ol ' Nazi' card..

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
If this was about America, it would have well over 100 flags and 500 replies by now. This is an extremely important event that everybody around the globe should be paying attention to, since it could be what's happening soon all over.

Well... California is out of money and facing default,. and its economy is bigger than greece...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join