It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public To Politicians: Do Something On Health Care!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

If it is any form of compliment...I read your post 4 times to make sure I fully understood what you were saying

It reminded me of a theorey...that Left or right political leanings were in part dictated by our DNA.

Liberals were adventurers of a sort and also liked the company of other people. These were the folks that left europe and collected on the east coast. When America was in it's infancy those were the families that landed and immediately looked West and headed out in wagon trails...and collected themselves in California when they hit the ocean.

The conservatives that landed also headed west, but rather were drawn to the self reliance and unpopulated territories.

And geographically the electoral map largely reflects this to this day.

I don't fully buy it, but its interesting to think about.

Conservatives preferred

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11
[more

Among us there are a few with the vision to act on an idea for other than immediate material benefit. The rest do not possess this capacity for leadership. While there is nothing wrong with them, and nothing wrong with this, a society who places people who cannot lead in leadership positions is doomed to gradual but inevitable failure. And in this the source of our problem is simple: humanity has never overcome specialization, or the process by which some will be better at some things and some will be materially better off than others. This hangup is the exact opposite of transcendental theory, in which one accepts inequality and suffering as means to the end of life itself, and then is able to not only "forgive" life for inequity but celebrate it. This inability to overcome our different-ness, and the consequent impulse to go into denial and "morally" demand equality, is a growing pain we will either overcome or which will destroy us.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Show me links or stats for any of that..I prefer links to sites that at least pretend to be nuetral.

And then go tell your grandmother that Medicare sucks and you think it should be eliminated.

Not necessarily eliminated, just changed. Insurance companies have people in place to run their plans and process claims. Why does the Government have to duplicate that at both the State and Federal levels? Setup an agreement with Insurance companies so that they offer a plan, with comparable benefits to the current Medicare and Medicaid coverage. Then the Government just pays the premuims for that plan. This will remove the administrative overhead and get more value for the money spent.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

THE COST OF DOING NOTHING WILL KILL STALL ANY RECOVERY.

What we do know for certain is that the plans would EXPAND coverage to include more persons. NOW DO SOME SIMPLE CRITICAL THINKING: How do you expand something/anything to MORE millions of persons and come out neutral or below status quo in costs. Tell me this my friend? Simple threshold question. Simple arithmetic.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

THE COST OF DOING NOTHING WILL KILL STALL ANY RECOVERY.

What we do know for certain is that the plans would EXPAND coverage to include more persons. NOW DO SOME SIMPLE CRITICAL THINKING: How do you expand something/anything to MORE millions of persons and come out neutral or below status quo in costs. Tell me this my friend? Simple threshold question. Simple arithmetic.

Some "critical thinking"...sure.

Lets start with the reason Blue Cross/Blue Shield gave for the recent 20%-30% rate increase...

Anyone?...The explanation goes that with the recent economic downturn...healthy people are ceasing to buy insurance.

Either they are dropped when they become unemployed or individual policy holders who are in good health cancel their policies to save money.

Folks with pre-existing conditions cannot volountarily cancel thier policy/stop paying becuase they know they won't be able to obtain coverage again once they do.

Follow so far?

So insurance companies are claiming that the pool of folks they insure has skewed toward higher risk/higher cost folks as the healthy cancel policies to save money during the economic crisis.

Without the income from those "healthy" policy holders that have lost insurance volountarily or through layoff...they are left with the policy holders who actually cost them money..

So they have to raise rates to keep making profits...

Still follow? Now reverse the scenario above where everyone is covered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join