It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation Collaborative Writting (Working Thread)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is something I have been mulling over in my head for a few months now, and I think it would be a lot of fun for all writters here on ATS.

The writting forum needs a good kick in the behind, and this is a good way of doing it IMO.

This collaborative writting does not require ANY long term commitment. The only thing required is that you post a minimum of 2 times.

Here's how it will work:

I will beging a conversation. I will write a fictional character in a fictitious situation. Another member will then start a conversation with that character using a character of their own.

Conversations can only be between 2 members.

Any member can begin a conversation with any other member, so long as it is a fresh conversation based on their Original post.

You will have various options, and you must identify which one you are using when you beging your post(s).

1. A Conversation Starter.

--The member will reply to another's original post and begin a conversation, which you expect the other member to reply to. You may expand on the original situation the other member's character is in, but you may not speak for the member.

2. A Conversation Continued.

--This is for members who wish to reply to another member's Conversation Starter. You will continue the conversation based on the previous members reply to your original post. If you use this option than you leave yourself open to a reply by another member to continue the conversation.

**Choosing this option, means that you are commiting to more posts as the other member is expected to reply to you.

3. A Conversation Ends.

--This is for member who wish to reply to another member, but no longer want to continue the conversation after this point. It is basically saying your last points and saying goodbye. The member you reply to with this option can choose to continue the conversation using option 2, however that member should not expect a reply. The other member should in this case also select option 3 and end the conversation.

*** A proper finish to the conversation must take place. This means that you must make an exit for your character. You need not elaborate further after you have said goodbye and left the scene.

Members may only create one character, but can start as many conversations as they wish with any other member, but must stay true to the character they have created.

The conversation topics can be anything and you may input your character into any real world situation. This is NOT a fantasy .

You may write an original post, and NOT reply to another's. This means that you write an original post and wait for another member to start a conversation with you

This thread is for the purpose of hashing out the idea. We will start once I see there is some interest in the premise. Your suggestions on making this idea better are welcome.

I also need a clever name to call the actual conversation thread! This is just the working thread

Writters thread can be found here:

Conversations

The first conversation has already been put in place, just as an example of what the format should be like.

~Keeper

[edit on 2/23/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ok

I am in for a bit.

Gotta get some beer. beans and bacon soon but that will only take a sec.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
ok

I am in for a bit.

Gotta get some beer. beans and bacon soon but that will only take a sec.

Thanks for the support!

What do you think of the idea? Anything we could add to make it more fun or effective?

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I guess we will see what comes of it.

I am contemplating a character.

At the moment I am watching Che so I will obviously be swayed via its input.

HmmmÉ!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
how about Conversation with a Cab Driver,

lol...

lets see...conversation ...Chillen...or...conversation...hyper....afraid...brave...or conversation scientific or mythological or rational vs irrational or

Or free association Conversation Free Association

or conversation not allowed

or Library Voice Conversation or

hmmm

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Seems interesting.

I would love to write and contribute but as always TIME is a major factor in my world.

I'm not saying yes or no just yet. Let me see the responses and I'll weigh the schedule commitments I have.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Topics are all welcome, I kinda wanna keep outside of the "fantasy" realm, just for sake of simplicity, I'd rather have everybody create characters in our current world.

Cab driver idea is great.

The beauty of this little project is that you can create a character who is a cab driver and other members can start conversations by just getting into the cab, and getting off once they reach their destination.

That's an easy in and out sort of thing to look at.

Great idea!

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with you, tothetenthpower, the Collaborative Writing forum area could use a swift kick.

I'm not sure about Conversation as far as that, but I'm game to try, no harm, no foul.

Personally, I see there are not nearly enough Writer's on ATS.

Maybe this is because people have zero inkling in how to get that status.

Honestly, I do not know, I know I found out because I asked around.

As far as a character goes, I have many ideas, but most of them are for actual books.

You know me, I respect you, and what you're trying to do for this forum area.

I'll support you in whatever way I can, which I know you know, and I will spread the word.

ATS'ers need to get more into the Collaborative Writing forum area, period.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Awesome, like I said Slayer, it's only a minimum of two posts. You can start a conversation, get a reply and then make an ending and that's the end of it.

That we it doesn't revolve around waiting for specific writters to have the time to contribute, they do so just as quick as it would be to reply to any other thread.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks Spartan, appreciate the support as always.

If I can get just 3 people than I can start today and just give people a general idea of how this works.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ok

wild idea

Lets say that microbiologists have discovered a form of bacteria that acts `male`>
and `female...

The bacteria are fine in the mammalian host and although the first generation can reproduce and feed off its host without doing much harm the second generation begins to activly look`` for other strains and if they find a strain the resulting offspring cause the body`s immune reaction to explode...

lol

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
right now i am watching some of Che`s men get caught in a crossfire.

Most deadly if carried out properly...perfected by the germans in ww1..modified by the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
just suggestions...

so if carried in the above scenario we can work in a civil unrest meme...complete with whatever urban survival stuff comes to mind with the main idea being peacefull living with kin...but still aware of virus....

but this idea can be said to be stupid if you all want...

I float ideas with certain friends all the time...and am used to having a brutally honest point of view.

wfyb

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm starting the actual thread here in a few minutes, with what I am looking for, so we'll have an example up soon.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
just suggestions...

so if carried in the above scenario we can work in a civil unrest meme...complete with whatever urban survival stuff comes to mind with the main idea being peacefull living with kin...but still aware of virus....

but this idea can be said to be stupid if you all want...

I float ideas with certain friends all the time...and am used to having a brutally honest point of view.

wfyb

That's not STUPID at all. I kind of like it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Right on although...and you all thought i was joking
...i am now out of beer...my beans (dry kidney beans and chic peas) are going in the kettle and i am getting a hunk of ham from part of a pig i bought at a local butcher shop...

i got my other essentials like brown sugar and some molasses with cinnamon for my Father in Laws ..Chickasaw Beans n Ham...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm game, can't wait to see the first conversation!

Come on, Keeper!!!!!! Let's see what you'v got!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ok, the writting thread is up.

Conversations

I have started an intro post, please feel free to come up and talk to me, or to start your own original post and wait for somebody to reply to you.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Great start.

Can you edit however, and put in at the top in bold

A Conversation Continued.

It will make it easier to see who is expected to reply...

Thanks,

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yep sorry i am new at this..lol

second meaningless binary code assembly

top topics

<<   2 >>

join