It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal aid for college classes changes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Today I just got an e-mail from my college talking about new changes made to financial aid. They now said that they will only cover classes that are related to my profession. I am majoring for accounting so any accounting class will be covered however if I have gym or classes that isn't accounting or math I would have to pay out of pocket for it.

I am kinda upset that they just made the changes today this morning and is in effected today and yet they e-mail me today. According to them I will have to know start paying out of pocket which will be hard since I have no job and nore does my parents due to the troubling economy. I talked to my dad and we are thinking to leave the U.S the problem is that I am getting my associates degree this semester and my dad told me I need to get at least a bach degree before going overseas otherwise I would need to start college all over again in another country.

College so far is very expensive the tuition and books rosed in prices. Last year my books used to cost me about 60 to 80 bucks for each now they cost 200 bucks or more just for used books buying them from the college book store. It's cheaper to buy online but my college won't allow you to find out what books you need before the 1st day of class and when you find out on the first day you need the book on the second day cuz most of the time they would assign hw on the first day and it will be due on the second session. It depends on the classes. Some classes will assign hw but make it due the following week. In otherwords you can't buy on the internet because you won't have time to wait for the books to arrive.

I would like to hear if anyone else knows about these changes. I wounder how these policies changes will help the economy in the long run. To me it seems like more ways to denie you from federal aid for a education and I am not old or returning to college. I got out of highschool in summer of 2007 and trying to my bach degree in 2 years.

I got the e-mail saying to check with my counselors every semester to know what classes are covered and which are not.

would like to hear what others make of this. I just got the e-mail today at 10:00am.
would like to know what the reasoning is behind the scenes and is this policy for everyone or is it just me or just my college?

new topics

join