It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish for ultimate disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Evening ATS, what im about to say may shock you, or you might feel the same as me!

But i always wish for doom!
I think i got it off my grandad, he used to say things like "it look like the end of the world" when a huge storm was coming.

But i love it, i feel as if i need to live through chaos, when it floods im hoping that it will flood more and more, i would get excited at the thought of a meotorite heading for collision, or a virus which mutates into a killer.

It's just in my nature i guess, i feel as if we need some huge world disaster to snap people out of there everyday crap they do, i watch big headed celebrities on Tv and i think to myself, i would love to see how paris hilton would react to mega disaster!

I know i would survive, i can just feel it in me.

There are people i love dearly including my cat and parrot (as sad as that sounds) But its who i am i guess, i just love disaster
rawrrr

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I like the way T.S. Elliot put when he said the world would end not with a bang but with a whimper

link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Don't think you'll have to wait too long !!

You are certainly not alone, I know at least a couple of people who feel exactly the same......

Yep, the odds are in your favour baby, gloom and doom scenarios are stacking up out there !!

Hey, the end of world party should be a blast though...

link   
Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

How old are you?

Do you have a spouse?

Do you have children?

The reason I ask is because when I was a little younger and I had no children or spouse...I had the exact same feeling. But now that I have a wife and kids...I actually dread this scenario more than anything.

link   
So you would survive a meteor or a massive flood... or you would be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get affect by a mutated virus?

If that is so then I should hang out with you, but then again I tend to distance myself from people that wish disaster on the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That's all good.

Some people are like that, the thing is hoping for it is one thing, trying to make it happen is another, now don't go releasing poison gases in subways or anything trying to bring the end of the world.

The only reason I wish the end of the world would come, is well if it's gonna happen, I want to be one of the last people, other than that I'd want to live forever. But it would be a once in a species time to see it all go down.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty scary dude. I suppose there is a logical answer for that though. It is almost as if you are feeling the same way children feel when they are young in that they feel they are invisible and are never going to get hurt so they have no fear. That is until they really fall bad and get hurt really bad...then the reality kicks in. It is almost like that part of your brain never kicked in. Don't take offense to this...I am trying to understand how you must feel.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You're not alone, believe me. I'd love for the world to end in 2012. Unfortunately, it's just fantasy, and I will have to wake up and continue going to work and slaving to Capitalism.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Ah but who said that you would survive?

You may be in the minority and die screaming, praying and having double incontinence. Be careful what you ask for.

Do join the army though

Rgds

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You see, this is why they call us conspiracy cooks.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

You are correct in some parts but some people are just like that. While I don't wish the end of the world and all that jazz, I love to perform risky activities, you know, adrenaline junkie type stuff. I've had my fare share of big falls but it has never stopped me from getting back up and doing the same thing again. Some people call me crazy, but hey, I enjoy it. But you are right, the kid will find out whether or not hes the type when time for his "big fall" comes.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not really sure how to reply to this...

A world disaster where hundred of thousands, possibly millions dead to "snap people out of there everyday crap" is necessary? Trying real hard not to call people names here but that is just sick. You know with every fibre of your being you would survive? I bet you would be one of the first to go. Having confidence in one self is good but absolutely knowing you would survive a major disaster (or disasters) is arrogant and you are deluded in your thinking.

Perhaps you should think about this again but this time think long and hard. Just because you read the survival forum here on ATS or watch Bear Grylls on the Discovery channel in no way makes you qualified to survive a disaster.

Seriously though, what brought you to this conclusion? There are many in this world I don't care for. The are so many dregs in society that bring the rest of us down.

Perhaps, instead of calling for their destruction, you could play the role of an educator and enlighten them.

Just my opinion. Maybe I missed the ultimate point of the original thread.

-Nate

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe we should regard ideas of global race wars, water worlds, burning planets and world government tyranny as important fantasies, but useless prophecies? Looking at history, this seems to make sense; the Vikings probably didn't actually believe their world one day would be consumed by fire and monsters, but it reminded them of the cyclic nature of societies. After all, the people we stole these Mayan myths from seem to care more about lack of rain than a calendar running out. In fact, if any doom is coming our way, it's collective failure thanks to a few doomsday nutcases stealing all the attention away from real problems, here and now.

So while admittedly it's entertaining to read about religious apocalypses, and convenient to project them unto reality when things don't go your way, you're probably better off worrying about an empty fridge or a late work assignment, than you are obsessing about a world that isn't going to end

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's one thing to be prepared, it's entirely different to want a disaster.

Perhaps you believe that you will be one of the "lucky" ones who survives the initial catastrophe and then go on with your hero fantasy of creating the perfect village for you and your friends.

What happens if you are blinded by the flash of a nuclear weapon? What happens if you break both your legs in the hurricane swarm covering the planet? What happens if disaster hits, and you're in Disneyland?

Personally, I lead a life that makes me better prepared for a disaster but I sincerely hope that it never happens and if it does happen don't come knocking on my door, you may not get the reception you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i know what you mean, im always hoping that one day i shall wake up and the world is in the throes of a zombie holocaust or that just 90% of the general population would be killed.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

90%? So you wouldn't mind if billions of innocent good honest people died? What makes you so sure you wouldn't be included in the 90%?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I bet you are loads of fun at a party!

Okay, that was wrong, and not really meant as a personal attack.

It almost sounds like you get euphoric off the idea of disaster. Some people are like that, getting pleasure out of the misfortune of others.

Why don't you head on down to your local blockbuster and rent every disaster movie you can find, and watch them straight with no break.

Maybe that will get you out of this phase you are going through!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Wow man you say that's not a personal attack but it so clearly is.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well, clearly, I could have said more.

It should be noted that the original OP is a personal attack on the entire population of the world.

I took it pretty personally!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

But i always wish for doom!

But i love it, i feel as if i need to live through chaos, when it floods im hoping that it will flood more and more, i would get excited at the thought of a meotorite heading for collision, or a virus which mutates into a killer.

It's just in my nature i guess, i feel as if we need some huge world disaster to snap people out of there everyday crap they do, i watch big headed celebrities on Tv and i think to myself, i would love to see how paris hilton would react to mega disaster!

I know i would survive, i can just feel it in me.

Ok Hayden, a couple of things here ...

You wish for doomsday and you want to survive it ... and yet earlier you authored Quit Bashing the Human Race!

Now, without meaning to have a go at you, there are a few psychological issues surfacing within the above dichotomy, not the least of which being a fluctuating wish to both defend the human species (not a 'race' incidentally) and also see it annihilated.

Neither oblivion nor defense are necessary of course, should you wish to look inwards for what it is that is truly the source of suffering.

I will leave it here, for it is not my wish to be hurtful ... I hope you find a way to bring some inner peace to your self.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join