It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Law Arguments in Defense of Marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

God's name is not Jesus. In your own thing, Jesus is the name of one aspect of God. Yahweh, the god of the Old Testament, is the name of another aspect of God.

First let's establish that

John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

then is that is true and

John.14

1. [9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Mark.12

1. [32] And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

1Cor.8

1. [6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Yahweh is just another name of God,

He is the Head of the Church , the Author and Finisher of my faith, the Chief Corner Stone, The Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Alpha and Omega, The I Am,

Exod.34
[14] For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

Deut.5

1. [9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Old testament or covenant (promise from God)...

Deut.10

1. [17] For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

1 Timothy

[14] That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

There are many who would have you to believe there are three gods in heaven but the Bible is clear there is only one God.

Who fulfills many roles

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

[8] And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
[9] Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
[10] Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
[11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
[12] For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

If you continue to read the chapter as I had said nothing good ever came from multiple wives and God never ordained it in his word any where.

His first born from the stolen wife died, his kingdom was divided later in history.

No Good comes from doing things that God did not put his blessing upon.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
For a personal note here

First marriage 2 children ended in divorce. Church wedding big wedding with the works .

Second marriage no children between us has lasted twice as long as first and is still going strong. Justice of the peace . same vows no fan fare just close relatives

The difference here is second I was more selective than the first . Second wife holds promises as do I First didn't .

IT is natural for a marriage in one respect the feminine side of women complements the masculine side of men . A good match you complete each other. In our society we are so driven by whats on the TV and the ads we take the media's word for what will make you happy.

A house in the burbs 2 car garage 2.3 kids skinny foxy wife . The soaps give people a unreal sense of life the the treachery and cheating these shows depict .

My values changed I searched for comparability rather than looks looked for a huge heart instead of a big rack and a skinny waist . She shares my views but with enough difference to make it interesting . It took 15 years to find her . And I am happier than at any time in my life . We moved to a rural area close to work and we dont keep up with the Jones. We care about us and the heck with the Jones or what others think just what we think .

Marriage is your choices and what you both make of it . If you are not equal in morals it wont work .

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Alright let me get this straight. So, what you are saying is that since David killed Uriah in cold blood and God punished him, somehow this alters the fact that God said:

"I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms."

The fact of the matter is that God gave David multiple wives, therefore he/she/it condoned it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozzy Mandias

no worries man all is forgiven.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I dont think you need God or the bible to tell you many wives is a bad idea... Jesus think about 700 Wives, thats 700 MOTHER IN LAWS... I'd Shoot myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Wow what an absolutely uneducated, narrow minded, 12th century view. I guess by what this means that all single father and mothers should lose their kids? Because of the missing parent issue? Right. Or two males, or females cannot give as much love and guidance as a heterosexual couple. A child of a homosexual couple will only be targeted IF you target them of raise your children to target them, which would make you worthless a human being

Give me a break what about those European cults that have children just to eat their skin? torture than can last a whole life time. I could give examples till the cows come home I work in the medical industry and the only children I see and here of that have been mistreated, abused, abandoned have all come from heterosexual couples. Oh must be work of the gays. Right.

The view and point you are trying to get across is moooot.

Thank you for this uneducated/ under research thread. Maybe you should live with gay couples with children for a few years and see how strong your philosophy is.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

"Thank you for this uneducated/ under research thread. Maybe you should live with gay couples with children for a few years and see how strong your philosophy is."

Philosophy (from the Greek words philos and sophia meaning "love of wisdom") is understood in different ways historically and by different philosophers. It, therefore, requires a meta-philosophy to adjudicate. Although it can be conceded that philosophy aims at some kind of understanding, knowledge or wisdom about fundamental matters such as reality, knowledge, meaning, value, being and truth, it is not clear whether these pursuits require a dialectical, i.e., dialogical, approach.
www.wordiq.com...

What knowledge or wisdom does one learn from amoral types that prey upon children to propagate their kind as they can not have children naturally.

Homosexual men must either get a surrogate or adopt, and homosexual women must do similar means.

In either case the child, which may by society standard which are ever changing to meet the needs of those defining right and wrong, may be "normal" but I would bet that having a real mother or father at one of those bring you kid to work days.

There are no absolutes in the philosophies of those who do not wish to live by rules ordained by a living God.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think it is interesting that the changes to law and constitutions proposed by the homophobes doesn't prevent post-op transsexuals from marrying. In fact I personally know a transgender woman who married a man in a state which defines marriage as being between a man and a woman. According to her birth certificate and other legal documents she is now legally female.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Marriage: It’s Natural

No, it is not.
Well i do not see the point of putting any restrictions on marriage. Why not let people marry animals, why would anyone care?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Gay people, in some instances, can replicate the rights straight people can get, but they must go through considerable expense. For example, if a gay couple wants to get the same amount of mortgage interest deduction as a straight couple, they may have to re-title their house in joint form (which can raise potential gift tax liabilities and have property tax implications) If a gay "divorcee" wants the same rights as a straight divorcee, they will have to go to a lawyer and negotiate some sort of "pre-nup" while straight divorcees will get some legal protection with or without a "pre-nup."

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
I think it is interesting that the changes to law and constitutions proposed by the homophobes doesn't prevent post-op transsexuals from marrying. In fact I personally know a transgender woman who married a man in a state which defines marriage as being between a man and a woman. According to her birth certificate and other legal documents she is now legally female.

I would not consider a person who mutilated the body they are born with as a different person and I would not allow that or even consider it as acceptable as a female. Just because the court changes the status on the birth certificate does not make it so.

I would not want such a pervert around my daughter in a bathroom they are still a homosexual with deviant behavior.

No matter what the courts say they can never bare children, keep the hair from growing in places that men do with out a life time of drugs, walk talk or even act like a woman, the pelvis is not right, the strength is that of a man and not a woman of the same size ( pound for pound men are typically stronger than the woman of same size ).

Men can not become women and women can not become men

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Marriage: It’s Natural

No, it is not.
Well i do not see the point of putting any restrictions on marriage. Why not let people marry animals, why would anyone care?

Why not let people marry their house and car.

Gay marriage is ok by the perverted standards of many, next polygamy and then polygamy homosexual, then polygamy homo hetero, then dogs and cats, and the list is endless

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
It discusses the natural law definition of marriage and how it's true purpose is the begetting, rearing and education of children in a society.

And what about those heterosexual couples who cannot or don't want to breed and don't want anything to do with religion? Sounds like you think they should be allowed to marry.

True marriage has nothing to do with the romantic, lovey-dovey, kissey-face BS modern society has tried to thrust upon it.

Mine does. I will define my marriage. You keep your nasty fingers out of it.

It's all about RAISING CHILDREN and always has been.

Not mine. Mine has NOTHING to do with children.

A union which does not result in children is pointless and it is no wonder that such unions so often end in divorce.

That's probably because many people who want to have children can't and that causes the marriage to dissolve. Many marriages that are child-free by choice have great success.

I recommend that anyone interested in knowing the true purpose of marriage read the entire article.

What makes you think someone has to tell me the "purpose of marriage"? I know the purpose of MY marriage and that's all I care about. I don't go sticking my nose into other people's marriages and telling them the purpose of THEIR marriage. The thought is ludicrous! And pretty hilarious.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
Why not let people marry their house and car.

Can a house or a car enter into a legal contract? Because you can't get married without signing a legal contract.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join