It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profit is the Prophet of Corruption and Despair.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey, General Conspiracies, ATS in general.

We have all seen (or all of us should have seen) the media influence on 'civilized' society. We tend to ignore less mainstream media on account of, they are not mainstream media. But, why do we simply assume that, Illuminati, Big Corporations, Corrupt Government whatever you believe wouldn't try and control alternative, or less mainstream media?

Generally, the focus for "Illuminati" spokesmen is on the most popular artists, such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Lil Jon or whoever, Jay-Z I don't know, I don't listen to rap but that's where the focus is. These are the people constantly accused of being freemasons and using symbolism to promote the masonic agenda (whatever that may be)

I am here to tell you all about...
Media Control.

You're probably wondering, why did I name my topic title so? Doesn't really have much to do with the media, you'd think? Sounds like some big-wig fat-cat corporate conspiracy rather than media conspiracy.

Well, the topic title is actually part of a song by an '80's thrash metal band called "Sabbat" (not to be confused by Sabbath... Black Sabbath).
The song in question is called "The Church Bizarre" from the album "History of a Time to Come" (for those metalheads who are familiar with this album know of it's many occult references)

There are plenty of songs by plenty of artists who are in similar vein - perhaps trying to warn us, perhaps simply trying to evoke emotions, or, perhaps, they are freemasons or illuminati, or mind controlled, brainwashed, drugged up whatever, there's a million and one reasons they could have the lyrics they do, but there is a very common message that perseveres throughout the time of the song.

You'll notice, that lately, there have been plenty of songs about material posessions, and perhaps it all started with that insufferable blonde, Madonna, and her "Material Girl"...
and nowadays, rappers 'gangsters' and RnB artists sing about their cars and guns, their clothes and how much gwap they got and all the (non-existant) drugs they (never) sold. The media has turned into a big circus, which, brings me to the next quote from the very same song I was talking about, by Sabbat

"Bring on the dancers - bring on the clowns,
who invite you to ride on their merry-go-rounds,
they make the money and they make the rules,
you ''Born-Again-Christians'' are born again fools. "

Yes, bring on the dancers and clowns indeed! It seems more and more artists are nothing more than spokespersons for what having a lot of money is like. Again, they make the money and they make the rules (although, that last line, as funny as it is, doesn't belong in this topic lol) and we are to follow them, and be like them, and act like them, in hopes of perhaps one day striking gold as them. You'll notice that, with the exception of that one lady from American Idol who sang really well, pretty much every single female AND male who is a famous musician is good looking. Sex sells. "Bring on the dancers" so they can entertain us with their bodies and their heavily engineered music. What do I mean by heavily engineered? Anyone who is a sound engineer can testify to this in this topic. A lot of music nowadays is 'compressed' to make it seem louder than it really is. i won't get into the details of copmression as I don't fully understand it myself, but it makes the songs sound louder and more crisp in general. We are being fed 'fake' music. This is a big problem, I see, because it makes us think or believe that this is what music must sound like, and when we hear an acoustic guitar w/ no microphone or a single violinist playing we think - it sounds better on an album - making us not appreicate true music as much. Those who are sound engineer will probably not share this view with me, but that's fine, for it's your profession and I can understand it's not in your best interest for people to believe that.

(cont'd in next post)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"God of wealth and God of might
guide me to your paradise,
for many lives were bought and sold that
I may walk your streets of gold,
though my heart is cold and still I rest
in peace my pockets filled,
and bear the smile of one who knows
through God''s Love my cup overflows. "

With all the focus being on rappers and famous musicians who make it on MTV or whatever, we often come to the conclusion that these musicnas 'sold their souls' to become rich and famous. One comes to mind is Britney Spears, and of course, THE one and only, Robert Johnson. I don't believe Robert Johnson every became truly rich, but he had skill that was thought to be from the Devil himself. I won't pretend to understand why, for plenty of guitarists have eixsted since who (IMO) play just as well, if not better. But what about these new musicians who are famous yet lack any visible artistic and musical talent? Britney Spears? Come on, and what about all this new Auto-Tune BS? Anyone remember those songs w/ autotune WHY would anyone publish such music?

A better question to ask, who decided that such music would become popular?

"A ''salvation salesman''s dream -
guillible to the extreme,
easy pickings for the charm and ''savoir faire'',
of these charlatans and theives whose
delight is to decieve - all the fools who
still believe they really care. "

Now you might be wondering why I keep quoting this song. I am not trying to use this song as proof of anything, but it is an appeal to your logic. If you think about the lyrics, perhaps you'll come to a differnet or similar conclusion as me, that this song is about religion as much as it is about the music industry, and perhaps a merging of the two. It's becoming more and more clear in every music video I see, that religion and music are becoming more and more as one, at an alarming pace. The "salvation salesmen" in this case are those companies that profit off album sales and concert sales, companies like SONY, and BMG or whatever that company is called. Record companies. They are deceiving us with fake talent, with fake music, and they are deceiving us, us who believe we really care.

"The curtain never falls on the show that has it all,
taken in you can''t begin to see their lies,
for the people who are clapping are the ones
who will be laughing at your fate,
they just can''t wait to bleed you dry."

Not only are we being fed incredibly superficial music, we are being fed, through magazines, gossip columns, and stupid internet videos of meaningless celebrity lives. The show never ends. Even after the song ends, you can change the channel only to find that britney spears shaved her head and that lady gaga is a man and that tupac is dead and that eazy-e died from cancer and that michael jackson almost let a baby fall off a balcony and that etc etc etc. the show never ends, and once you're taken in you're lost and confused and cannot begin to see THEIR lies, the famous people who are lying to you, the record companies that are lying to you, the corporate exec.s who only care about profit, they can't wait to take your money.

What are they lying to us about? Heck if I know. probably a lot more than I can imagine. They're probably lying to us about everything we can think of. They're deceiving us, make us think that only sexy musicians are good musicians, that only big breasted girls and big bottom girls are worthwhile, that only money matters.

So, this is my topic, and if you actually bothered to read this all...
I apologize,

LususNaturae

join