It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US And UK Snow = Sun Flares?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
don't worry ,

it would make sense why cold weather has gone "western"?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I think the sun has got something to do with it, it my personal opinion anyway. I haven't got time to back myself up at the mo but I will later, but briefly, I am sure I remember Reading that the suns poles reverse every 11 years, can't remember when it's due to either or if it has already. I do think things move in cycles, and the last time I can remember weather like this was about 1988/9 when we had snowy winters and hot summers, I remember at school in the 80's listening to the radio to see if our school was closed due to the snow, that happened this year too. I reckon it will be a nice summer for a change
I also think the pagans ect knew more than we do today about the cycles of the sun/moon and how it effects the weather patterns/cycles. I had my baby on new years eve ( it started snowing then and didn't stop for weeks so I nicked named my little miss the snow maiden lol. With it being new years eve it got me thinking....I never felt that my new year starts on 1st jan, it's just a date to me and a day that feels quite boring to be honest. I have for some weird reason feels my new year starts towards the end of march...when I feel fresher (in a brain way not a smelly way lol). Cos curiousity always takes me over I started thinking about Stonehenge and wouldn't it be funny if it was like their big ben, a way of counting down the minutes to their new year, well since it's for the solstaces it blew my idea out of the wAter but it made me look into the eqinoxs... And I found that the spring equinox falls on march 20th.... Around the date I feel like my new year begins, I say around as it is a period of time I feel this not a single day, it's always the end of march, it builds up to it. I then found out that this was also when the old new year used to be, til they messed with the calendars and stuff....Romans if I remember right ( I will back myself up later to be sure tho). The equinox is when the pagans celebrate Ostara, which is where the name for Easter is beleved to have derived from along with the time chosen to celebrate Easter. I think it may have been the roman constatine (I'm only theorising here) who was big on Christianity and tried to replace paganistic symbols/beliefs ect with Christian ones so that may fit in well. Long and drawn out I know but what if the Christian dates for there celebrations and the calendar changes for new year where meant to throw us off our natural clock with the seasons ect, maybe even unintentially? Sorry for going off topic abut but I needed to in order to get my point about the seasons/sun cycles across.....well sort of anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Yeah, it's snowing in the DFW area here.

Conspiracy - Jack Frost is back, and he's raising hell.

Naw, I think for here, it's just good ole texas weather, don't like it, wait 5 minutes and it'll change.

HAHA yep that is Texas weather for ya. Man I miss Dallas

new topics

<< 1   >>

join