It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Consciousness, the light within

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cosmic Consciousness does exist, otherwise no consciousness could exist without it. How could you even comprehend what you see out of your eyes if you were not conscious?

Cosmic consciousness is what the ancients called God, however, the meaning has been corrupted. God is not a person or even force, but consciousness, a consciousness that touches upon everything that exists. Modern religion either ignorantly or intentionally hides from us the fact that we are all a part of this infinite consciousness.

From your portion of consciousness, you can use this to be aware of your own consciousness, and become self conscious. To be aware that you are aware is the definition of self-consciousness. That cosmic consciousness appears as a light in your mind. What follows is a physical sense of invigoration as energy travels up to the top of your head. Physical energy, I should say. There is nothing abstract about this. When I meditate, I do so first by recalling the light of divine consciousness to my mind, and then the sound of Om, and then what follows is that my mind expands, and I can feel energy, almost like a wind traveling through a tunnel, as it invigorates my brain and sensory points.

Some people meditate for hours a day, others do not meditate at all. Some people say that you haven't lived unless you traveled the world, or something like that. Well, using the same logic, how can you really live if you've never experienced a higher state of consciousness?

the form of cosmic consciousness appears as a light in the mind
the sound of cosmic consciousness is the sound of Om, a high pitched, singular note, almost like a constant hum.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So you are asserting that the only way to experience a higher state of consciousness is to meditate?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

no

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
So you are asserting that the only way to experience a higher state of consciousness is to meditate?

I think it helps open the gateways, so yes Id say it definatly helps, but once you've become aware of the light within you can see it through other means, and it also surfaces in other ways, these still usually involve stopping your minds chatter for a while though, one way that happened to me recently totally caught me by suprise, I was just walking and not actually thinking about anything... then I felt it all around me and above me but also within me. For several minutes there didnt seem to be a point where it ended and I began, I was part of it just as much as it was part of me.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
All with the One.
One with the All.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Namaste, Just last week, I experienced this Cosmic Consciousness, and it was during a Dual Meditation. Please refer to my thread for the full story.

Meditation is an underutilized tool that us humans have.

top topics

join