It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the afterlife....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sooooooo it is my bottom line that I believe, wholeheartedly, in animals, including our pets, being included in Heaven.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As well, I believe that God uses animals as messengers, and/or angels - to minister, assist, save and direct people.

There are way too many "animal angel" stories to discount it's validity.

Click HERE to read just a few.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
One more website that discusses animals in the Bible -

Can be found HERE

I tried to edit the previous post to include this link - I failed.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Wow, star for you.
Awesome info and thanks for the contribution to the thread!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lardo5150

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend - I just wanted to maybe share information that might make you feel somewhat better about his/her passing.

AND in order to see, and be with our pets, WE have to make sure that WE get to Heaven. If we don't make it, then the chances of seeing them again are slim and none - with Slim being outta town.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This might not be the most popular answer but this is what the Bible says. In Gen. 1

"26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So animals were made for us on this earth. Further, God was the first one to kill an animal. It was to cover the nakedness of Adam and Eve. (Gen. 3 "21 And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.) Again, God gave us permission to eat animals. God initiated animal sacrifice. It is hard to imagine that we would eat creatures that had souls and that were imortal. (i.e. go to Heaven) Also, if animals could go to Heaven they would have to be saved. That means Jesus would have had to die for them too. It is not so much that the Bible says "animals don't have souls." It is more that it can be easily infered. If God is pleased by the sacrifice of a lamb, but extremely angered by infant sacrifice, you know there is something extremely different in quality between humans and animals. He says this about when Israel sacrificed their children to idols.

Declare to them their abominations. 37 For they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands. With their idols they have committed adultery, and they have even offered up to them for food the children whom they had borne to me. 38 Moreover, this they have done to me: they have defiled my sanctuary on the same day and profaned my Sabbaths. 39 For when they had slaughtered their children in sacrifice to their idols, on the same day they came into my sanctuary to profane it. And behold, this is what they did in my house.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

This might not be the most popular answer but this is what the Bible says. In Gen. 1

It is not so much that the Bible says "animals don't have souls." It is more that it can be easily infered.

Isnt that contradicting though? You are pretty much saying that the bible does not say they dont have souls, but you are coming to that conclusion.

Healthy debate, that is what I am looking for, not saying you are wrong...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think the question of the Bible really comes down to your interpretation. Do you accept the scripture at face value, or do you allow for the fact that the Bible (especially the OT) was mainly oral tradition, cultural bias, and translation error?

In my viewpoint, I think perhaps its the animals with the souls and the people without.....

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There is no god.
There is no heaven.

My little girl is slowly dying.
right in front of my eyes.

she has no free will.
she's a cat.

whats your justification now?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Absence of self, my thoughts exactly. Jan 11, 2010 I lost my girl 8yrs. old fighting cancer for the last 2. Black lab, she was/is the best. I'm still having the hardest time with it.

About this topic, original poster, i forget your name. Theres all kinds of info on the afterlife of pets on the net. I been looking into it daily for the last 2 months.
Some sceptics say after death there is nothing for animals. How can this be said with so many testimonials of people talking and seeing the passed animal. Theres too much positive on this topic to be ignored or passed off, and simply say there is no afterlife for animals.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I lost my best friend also.

I kind of like the twilight zone. There was one where the guy wasn’t allowed in the gates with his dog so he left.
It turned out that was hell. And down the road he was allowed in with his dog at the gates of heaven.

I would like to think that’s how it is.
How could it be heaven if I can’t have my best friend?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join