It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police tighten security for environment conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Police tighten security for environment conference

m.thejakartapost.com

The five-day environmental forum consists of two major events, starting with the Simultaneous Extraordinary Conference of parties (ExCOP) of the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions held from Monday to Wednesday, followed by the 11th Special Session of the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP) Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environment Forum on Wednesday until Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 2/23/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I live in the region and did not hear of this until today...
...a search of Google delivers no news information...
...the Jakarta Post published the following Green Watch information.

"Can the United Nations environmental summit in Bali succeed?

The largest global environmental gathering since the Copenhagen climate change summit last year is now being held in Bali, where ministers from over 100 countries are conveyning together with scientists and ecology experts, business and non-governmental organizations...
...this week's UN gathering in Bali is important to the wellbeing of Indonesia and the planet." The Jakarta Post 23 Feb 2010

Was anyone else aware of this Summit?

m.thejakartapost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/2/10 by troubleshooter]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 2/23/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Not until you just posted it.

I wonder if this will make any head way with their domination plans and such? Because it didn't exactly seem like the COP15 really accomplished anything, people still bickering and running their mouths on what mother nature is doing. I still have yet to see a bill on how much CO2 comes out of my mouth.

I personally I'm not worried about the planet, she is doing fine and can take care of herself IMO. She is doing what she has always done and that is be AWEsome. Even if that means freezing us to death or drowning us. lol

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Haven't heard of this either - I wonder if the Jakarta Globe reported on it?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Bali?
Wtf? one of the most curropt policeforces in the world, home of terrorists who have bombed bars/clubs purely because they were western hot spots...

Bali?
Surely there could have been better, safer places.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Haven't heard of this either - I wonder if the Jakarta Globe reported on it?

UN Environment Council Gathers in Bali

"Nusa Dua. Representatives from more than a hundred countries are gathered in Bali this week for a meeting of the United Nations Environmental Program Governing Council.

The normally staid gathering is drawing controversy, coming soon after the disappointing climate talks in Copenhagen at the end of 2009." Jakarta Globe

www.thejakartaglobe.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

No troubleshooter I haven't read or seen anything either.
Stay clear of the Bali International Convention mate
she may blow
Looks like this summit has been sneaked in
No mention of global warming unless these other issues are a Cover
for global warming(the sky is falling)

The forum, themed "Environment in the Multilateral System" will discuss three main topics: International environmental governance and sustainable development, the green economy, as well as biodiversity and ecosystems.

Zelong.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is not the first time Bali has been chosen for an environmental conference. It was the chosen site to stage the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference.
unfccc.int...
This led to "The Bali Roadmap" which resulted in two negotiation tracks (to be completed by end of 2009)
• Convention track - negotiating a long-term global goal for emissions reductions
that includes developing countries with associated
incentives
• Protocol track - agree on second commitment period (post-2012) emissions
reduction commitments for developed countries

There were also rumours circulating that Bali was chosen by the UN as a means to hopefully influence and stop/reduce the illegal logging of the indonesian forests which apart from the ecosystem services provided by the forests, also affected the way of life of the many villagers who depended on the forests for their livelihood and survival.
PS that was COP 13. Copenhagen was COP 15.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by zenius]

top topics

join