It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Meditation=Level up in Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Let me explain what I mean my dual meditation.

Okay, so a couple days ago, I felt like it was one of those days where I should really meditate. There is this girl that I have had a deep connection with, and I texted her that it would be a really good night for a group meditation. So we met up, and we tried to round up some other people, but the way it worked out, none of them showed up. So we decided to go along with the meditation, me, a male, and her, a female.

Whenever I meditate, I use my helper amulets to help me gain focus and also to give me energy. Tonight, I brought my two favorites, which are my Sun relic and my virgin Mary amulet necklace. So we find a nice quiet room, and she lays out her yoga mat. We are both really into meditation, so we both know how to do it well, so we begin by both sitting cross legged on the yoga mat, both of us facing forward.

I hold my Mary amulet necklace in my left hand, and I hold onto Sun Relic with my right hand. So this goes on for a while; we are not keeping track of time. I get into a very deep meditative state, when I decide to open my eyes. I ask my friend how it has gone for her so far, and she says she is also in a really good state. I then proceed with handing her the Mary amulet, while I keep the sun relic on my side of the mat. At this point, we go back into the meditation.

Time passes, and we take another pause. I asked her at this point how it is going for her, and that is when things really start to get interesting. Since the start of this day, things had been really synchronistic for me, and what she says next really sets off an awesome chain of events. She told me she knew I was going to bring my sun relic, like we have done in the past, but she didn't know I was going to be handing her my Virgin Mary necklace to her that night. This necklace was handed down from my grandmother, to my mother, to me, and my friend said she was feeling the vibes of the necklace, and she said, "wow, your grandmother never knew that one day, decades later, that her grandson would be using her necklace for meditation. wow, this is really special."

She then turned to me, and said, "you do realize what today is right?" and I said no. She said, "today is Lent. Today is the day that Jesus started his journey through the desert." That is when both of us start feeling all kinds of synchronicity kick in. We realize that there we are, the trinity, on the day of Lent, sitting there meditating with very symbolic items. (on a side note, this is very hard for me to put into words, but basically it felt as if we were living the moment of the day of Lent, a really historical event I believe)

So we are sitting there, on the mat, feeling extreme amounts of positive energy, to the point where we get light headed. We are in a completely new state of mind, and I bring up the fact,"hey aren't we supposed to be sitting here with our eyes closed in meditation? how are we talking to each other?" We then discuss how we are not in reality, nor a dream, nor meditation, but we are living the moment. That this is the only moment that has ever existed and there is no such thing as time. We do that crazy thing where we are staring each other directly in the eyes and are able to complete each others' sentences. (This is so hard to put into words, but I am trying my best to type out what I was experiencing).

Anyway, this state of mind goes on for the next couple of hours, and there we are, sitting facing each other now, staring directly into each others' eyes, and just feeling that we are one with the universe. Oh, god, it was a great feeling. This was the moment I had been waiting for. 3 times prior to this, I had tried to get to this level by myself, but it had never come to fruition. I then realize why I was so deep in this state of mind- it was because there was another there meditating with me. The combined power of both of us meditating on the same yoga mat is what is needed to get to the level we were currently at.

I like to explain it like this. Imagine a battery. It needs both sides, the positive charge, and the negative charge, in order to be at full power. You must realize that the positive and negative charges are not necessarily good and bad, just two different frequencies. So, there I am, one half of the battery, and there she is, the other half of the battery. These two halves of the battery being powered made it whole, and was thus able to reach full power.

Phew. I typed quite a lot, didn't I. I just really wanted to share this though, and was wondering if anyone else was able to reach new meditative heights by meditating with one other person. I like to call it Dual meditation, and in my personal experience, I believe it will work best when both sit on the same yoga mat, and preferably one is male and one is female.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hey, finding a soul mate channeler is a rare event, my friend.

My wife and I are the same way together, we experience spiritual revelations together that we don't experience apart.

I think it has to do with opening up your energy channels, clearing away the materialistic clutter, and allowing the powers from on-high to flow through you.

This is what Christians would call being Baptized in the Holy Spirit, when that thing actually enters your body and empowers you, right.

It's an experience that is interpreted differently by different people around the world. It's a very real experience, I know that.

Finding a partner with whom you can share the experience is a Holy Grail, my man. Hold onto it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My life has been forever changed by that night.

yep doc velocity, it impacted both my life and my friend's life at the same level. We were both equally astounded and amazed by what we were experiencing. To be at such a high level of understanding of life and the universe, and then having someone right there who is on the exact same level as you, its INSANE!!!! it is the best feeling ever.

I also wanted to add, this was just the start of my spiritual journey. I recently picked up a book on shamanism, and I think that is the next step for me. I really want to try a healing meditational session with someone who is ailed by an illness, physical, or mental. I am stoked on life and my ability to help others. Bringing such positivity into a world with so much strife puts a huge smile on my face.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Wow! Well you have just proved to yourself (possibly) the basis that group ritual i.e. working with like-minded spiritual people does have a synergistic quality to it. Shamanic initiation is easy to receive and there are also group rituals.

I do have a something that I would like to inform you of and will try and work out the ATS messaging system.

Rgds

T

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I really would love to hear if anyone has similar experiences in any of the aspects of the story.

The main one I would like to know is if anyone has been in that situation where you can read each other's minds by looking straight into their eyes. When it was happening, I would be speaking of something, and then lose my train of thought, and then she would be able to continue what I was trying to say! It was so cool! It kept happening over and over, and it just blew my mind. I loved it. I'm sorry I keep talking about this, but damn, its some pretty hardcore stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I really would love to hear if anyone has similar experiences in any of the aspects of the story...where you can read each other's minds by looking straight into their eyes.

I experience the shared mind with my wife all the time. We carry on conversations telepathically, with just a glance to confirm now and then. I mean, real telepathy, the conveyance of information across space between two individuals.

How much do you think I should put in the checking account? Wait. Yes. Yes, that's the amount I deposited.

That's an example of a telepathic transmission between my wife and I. Verbatim. I left out the deposit amount for reasons of modesty.

I mean, all sense of individuality is an illusion, there's only one consciousness in the Universe, and it pours through these quintillions of portals which comprise all these "individuals" across the Universe, yes.

Communications between two "individuals" is not so much a transfer of information as it is an intensely spiritual contact and reaffirmation and acknowledgement of information that is Universally available, right?

However, the popular use of "hidden knowledge" is pretty common. We see it employed everyday, in all manner of advertising, marketing, entertainment...

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You lucky son of a, I mean, great post!

I've been trying to encourage myself on a daily basis
to get into meditation for the past year. I guess I just
don't really know where to start. And of course, no, I
don't have any friends or siblings to partner with. I'm on
my own with this at the moment.

That was an awesome read. Thank you for sharing that
experience, definetely motivating!

S & F

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55

don't have any friends or siblings to partner with. I'm on
my own with this at the moment.

Tekneek, I have some advice for you. Keep meditating on your own. These are not wasted experiences. Solo meditation is still very effective in many aspects. It will also provide you with lots of experience when you finally do find that perfect meditation partner.

Like I was saying in my OP, I had 3 very profound experiences before this amazing 4th dual meditation. The first 3 were solo events, and those were the stepping stones leading up to the ultimate 4th one. So don't give up.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Thanks for the encouragement.!

What I was trying to say though, is I haven't
begun my meditation practices whatsoever.
I really want to start, but don't really know
where to start. It's complicated, I guess.

Have any advice for newbies? To get the ball
rolling so to speak?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Now, I've told my wife about this, so I'll tell you;

When I was in college in Texas, I had an experience at the student union building one afternoon. On that occasion, I trudged into the cafeteria, came out of the trough and was looking for a place to sit and eat. It was a crowded affair, a whole lot of folks elbow to elbow, lot of racket, of course, amid the strains of a few radios and personal tape decks.

Then I looked up and BANG I locked eyes with a girl across the room.

I had no idea. I was awestruck.

In that moment, I knew everything about her, and she knew everything about me. We were sparked together. Instantaneously.

Some people might call that "Love at First Sight," but no. It was more than Love. It was baring our souls to each other.

I still don't know why this happened.

And I still don't know the identity of that girl, because we both kind of dramatically broke the gaze. I mean, we were both over the top embarrassed.

I never saw her again.

Don't know her name nor anything else about her. Perhaps she's out there reading this. She would know.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

ah yes, my friend. i can help you with that.

Some important tips to keep in mind if you want to have a good meditation:

Before going into meditation, try and do some preliminary relaxation techniques. Take deep breaths, and relax, as you set up your meditation area. Make sure you are somewhere where people aren't going to be walking in and interrupting or talking to you. Having a yoga mat or something of that sort to sit on, can help you specify that that spot is for meditation. I personally have a Bob Marley One Love mat that I sit cross legged on when I meditate.

Like I said in my OP, having a special helper amulet can do wonders. Try and find something that someone has given to you, something really special. You can even create your own. Holding on to that precious item while you meditate can help you channel positive energy within yourself.

You might want to look into guided meditation mp3s. you can find them if you search online, however, you might find a guided meditation to be a distraction.

And remember, stay positive and focused! If you feel your mind start to wander, then put your distracting thoughts away in a box in your mind, for later. Tell yourself that those can be taken care of at a later time, after your meditation. Although, you can also use meditation to get a new perspective on things that might be on your mind. It is up to you.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Then I looked up and BANG I locked eyes with a girl across the room.

I had no idea. I was awestruck.

In that moment, I knew everything about her, and she knew everything about me. We were sparked together. Instantaneously.

This has also happened to me. I might be in a store, and all of a sudden, "click", eye contact with a random stranger. It is like I am peering right into their soul. This basically happens to me every day actually. I am still getting used to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Another addition to the whole aspect of eye contact and meditation:

A great way for a beginner to start off with meditation is to do mirror meditation. What you do is look yourself straight in the eyes in the mirror, and once you are nice and focused, think or say positive affirmations to yourself! It is a great way to start a day right before you head out the door.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Wow! Well you have just proved to yourself (possibly) the basis that group ritual i.e. working with like-minded spiritual people does have a synergistic quality to it. Shamanic initiation is easy to receive and there are also group rituals.

Yes, another aspect I would like to try is an actual group meditation, and not just dual meditation. Imagine if an entire group of people had group think! So awesome! There are so many different cultures that have rituals in which groups dance around a fire and stuff like that. I love that things like that.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yo everyone. I was bored so I decided to look through my old threads, and I found this one.

That same girl I was talking about in my OP, I am still in contact with her and see her maybe one or two times a week. We are still deeply connected and wow. When we make eye contact, its still amazing.

A couple weeks back, I randomly was walking out of a room at school, and BAM, there she was. Instant eye contact. I'm imagining it now. She has beautiful eyes. Yes, I like her.

new topics

top topics

join