It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Zelda and UFO's??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I befriended Pat from UFO Hunters on myspace. He had some pretty cool pictures of his trips, In Kecksberg Pat took some pictures of the Acorn shape UFO, It does have writing on it and I don't know any history on this subject, But it seems the writing is very similar to the Hylian Language in the Legend of Zelda games. Here's a link to the letters of the language zelda.wikia.com... and here's a link to pictures of the Kecksberg UFO
Tell me what you guys think of this. upload.wikimedia.org... Tell me what you guys think of this.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmm, very interesting acorn.

If you continue to read that wiki page on the Hylian language, you see it is just a stylized version of Katakana, and Hiragana. So I don't really understand how the acorn writing could be considered an alien language...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Games, movies, cartoons/anime, etc., all use these symbols all the time.

Although most aren't very specific, like this video was at around 6:16. The characters do look similar, but there's a lot of things that look similar.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That doesnt look anything like it. If you notice in the hylian > english cipher at bottom, the letters are CLEARLY stylised english characters. You can notice 'writing' on the 'ship' is curvy and slanted obviously in one part whereas that old hylian is straight, and the 'new' one looks like the english alphabet. Kind of like Hiragana vs katakana, very clear difference.

...and I really hope you dont believe that ceramic pot is a flying saucer...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
As I do agree, The language is a stylized version of Katakana, and Hiragana. and Many Games, movies, cartoons/anime, etc., all use these symbols all the time. It's just the similarities that strike me. Most likely I'm Zelda on my mine while I see the letters on the acorn.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Well, it's not a real UFO, Most likely influenced from one.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
How so most likely?

Its not even streamlined or anything. Kinda defies the laws of aerodynamics I think... though not my area.

Though it does remind me of the Nazi Bell. But thats not been proven to exist either.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't get it. Is that acorn supposed to be a real ufo? Looks man made too me. Zelda is one of my favorite games. By the way since we're on the topic of video games, and language/symbols, I noticed in Final Fantasy 2 when you use an item to cure yourself a russian type pyramid comes up over your character and then your cured, Suqare Enix has done alittle bit of real life research there and incorporated it into the game. The game has afew other examples like this too.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am still trying to figure out the point you are trying to make with this thread. I am not really sure what your intentions are. You gave us a link (no pun intended, hehe) to the hylian language, and you can see from that link that the hylian language is just stylized versions of languages already here on this earth.

I'm not bashing your thread, its just I don't see how it belongs in the Aliens and UFO thread. That's all.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I apologize, I was trying to show everyone that to me the letters of the video game language and the UFO looked alike.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I mean hey, don't worry. Without your thread, I would have never known about that awesome acorn! Okay, I will try and help put your thread on track...

Maybe, the Legend of Zelda was made by aliens! It would explain why it is such an awesome series of games! Oh, except the ones made on the CDi thing. Maybe those ones were made by the evil aliens! argh!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
On a side note, I conquered zelda a long time ago, it took me months, maybe even a year!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Haha video game UFOs...

Have you heard about the World of War Craft UFOs that have allegedly been spotted?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Odd thread, Video games borrow from every source especially fantasy so there will be many crude reflections.

As for the acorn UFO, it's a man made creation of what people say came down in Kecksberg.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I like the 1986 NES game "The Legend Of Zelda", there were no UFOs in that game.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Whenever I read about Kecksburg or see a documentary about it... everything changes. From the shape of the object or the stories of the witnesses to the design of the writing. Different things every time.

Regardless, those scribbles on the Kecksburg acorn picture look absolutely nothing like the writing in Zelda.

new topics

top topics

join