It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Hovering Planes in PA - Spring 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Two of my coworkers saw something extremely strange on their way to work one day last spring. I'd like to know if anyone has heard about anything like this. I've read a lot about UFOs, but nothing like this. I'm going to be somewhat brief, and if anyone is interested in more details I will try to oblige. I talked to both of these people quite a bit about what they saw. Here's a summary:

About 2:30 p.m., "Steve" is driving along a rural highway. He sees a "plane" flying low toward him and just off the left side of the road. It looks as though it is going to try to land in the field alongside the highway. Steve slows down to see what's up. Suddenly the thing stops in mid-air "like he had a stop sign." At this point the craft is about 100 feet up, 20 feet off the side of the highway, just ahead of Steve's vehicle and completely stationary. It made no noise at all. Steve continued driving slowly past it and watched it in his rear view mirror until he rounded a curve and lost sight of it. Just before he went around the bend, Steve saw the "plane" rotate to the right, as if on a vertical axis. "It shocked the s**t out of me," he said.

About four or five miles behind Steve was "Barb" also driving to work. She sees a strange "plane" hovering overtop of a town less than a mile to her left. "It freaked me out," she said. "I wondered what it was doing there." The plane was motionless except for a slight back and forth tilting. She lost sight of it when she started to go up a hill. At the top of the hill she saw it again, or another one like it, but much closer and almost overhead. Low, probably 100 feet. Again, no sound.

Both described what they saw as a "strange plane" with an oddly shaped tail. Steven said "like it had a spoiler on it" while Barb said the tail was "shaped like a T". Both agreed it was dark gray or black with no markings and no visible windows or cockpit. Steve's sketch showed kind of swept back wings, with smaller appendages behind them. Barb's sketch showed wings that were less swept back. Both were certain they could hear no noise. Steve had his window down and went practically under it when it was 100 feet up. This is the detail that threw me, as all the VTOL jets I know of make a lot of noise.

Can anyone explain what these people might have seen? I have no doubt that they saw it. 100% sincerity. Not at all the type to make this up.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

G'day Orkojoker

Thanks for your interesting report.

I'm wondering if it might be useful for you to post this in the "Aircraft Projects" forum.

There are some real aircraft experts in there & they love a good "mystery"!

I also think it would be very interesting if your friends could be available for questions & review of pictures, if members are able to come up with any aircraft possibilities for their sightings.

If the "aircraft" guys can't think of anything "terrestrial" to explain the sightings, then the sightings become more mysterious & exciting than ever!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hey, where in PA is this at?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hi, orko. Thank you for posting these reports. The "hovering plane" phenomenon is a new one, and the reports of these sightings is really growing exponentially.

I'm amazed, actually, to see so many people reporting on this. It shows that something is really going on.

I made a post at just above the halfway mark on Page 2 of an ATS thread called "Have you ever seen a plane stand still?"

Check out the links and see for yourself. This isn't an optical illusion. Something is happening here.

I believe the so-called chemtrail phenomenon is not a government run chemical dispersal program, either to seed the clouds or to poison the populace.

I'm not saying we don't have weather related (scientific, military or otherwise) programs engaged in this, but to have jets flying over heavily populated areas for over ten years does not suggest weather testing, nor does it suggest a military led operation to kill or poison billions. It just doesn't.

I've seen enough photo and video evidence to suggest that these are more likely to be some sort of ET related phenomena. Sometimes these persistent stream jets are actually invisible; they are orbs of light; they are missing wings, or they have been ufo or cross-shaped. I've seen photo and video evidence of this, and to me this resolves my questions as to what (or who) was really responsible for these persistent streams.

You see, to many trapped in the matrix / consensus reality, it is easier to either suggest that these are normal contrails; or, for those with a foot in the paranormal / alternative community, that they are a government led program meant to kill or poison the populace.

I have observed the phenomena, and a ton of evidence on the subject, and I've come to a completely different conclusion. One I believe, as hard as this may be to accept, that Occam's Razor applies here and ET craft are creating those jets and persistent streams.

Yes, it is easier for me to believe ETs are responsible for the streams rather than our military is effectively and in broad daylight, trying to kill everyone on the planet in such a manner. For those who believe the latter, you really should spend more time reasoning that assumption out. For me, it doesn't add up; the former does.

Going further along that line of reasoning, it would explain why we are also seeing this more recent bizarre phenomenon with low-flying, "seemingly" domestic aircraft.

Part of me thinks that the new persistent jet stream phenomena may have been a way to wake many people up and to get them looking at the skies.

Seriously. Because, as we now know, a lot is going on up there - and it happens to have increased just as the persistent streams have gained so much widespread attention. It's almost as if, in response to the concern, they're saying "It's OK. It's just us."

If you observe the skies you will start seeing a whole host of bizarre - non-threatening - phenomena, including ufos (of all shapes and kinds), rainbow-colored clouds (which fear mongers attribute to chemicals, etc., meant to kill or poison us), fascinating light phenomena, hovering planes and, I believe, much more novel phenomena that will soon take place.

There seems to have been a steady increase in the type and frequency of unnatural, or supernatural skyward phenomena, and I see no reason for this to diminish.

There is clearly a very profound and massive process unfolding here; and instead of a turtle peeking its head out of its shell only to return there, I believe this is more like a flower about to fully bloom - not just a flower, but a garden, in fact.

You can call me mad, but anyone who's paying attention can see this and greater phenomena manifesting around the planet. And it's heading somewhere...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Depending on the wind conditions a plane can hover. Give me 30 kt. winds and I can make a J3 Cub look like a helicopter. If this incident happened in Butler County, Pennsylvania last September, there was a sailplane fly in. Some of these sailplanes can hover if the conditions are right.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yeah can you please tell us where in Pennsylvania this was, as I live in PA and have been all around the state obviously so I also know my surrounding area very well.

I haven't seen any sort of UFO's myself, but there have been reports (many of them) in PA, I've even seen a bunch of reports by MUFON on tv before regarding sightings in surrounding counties.

The only odd things that have happened to me were a possible abduction (I say possible because it could have been sleep paralysis), and a while back when I was younger I woke up to a crop circle in my back yard which I know no one in my family created, and it was literally right out back (I have to find that picture, I know we took one of it).

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
Hey, where in PA is this at?

This happened along Route 28 between Brookville and New Bethlehem. The woman I refer to as "Barb" saw the thing hovering over the town of Summerville. Here's a map of the area:

www.mapquest.com...

It's right along the border between Clarion and Jefferson counties.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Orkojoker]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Depending on the wind conditions a plane can hover. Give me 30 kt. winds and I can make a J3 Cub look like a helicopter. If this incident happened in Butler County, Pennsylvania last September, there was a sailplane fly in. Some of these sailplanes can hover if the conditions are right.

This happened last spring, I believe in March or April. I was thinking about something similar too regarding wind, but the way Steve described it, the thing stopped abruptly, "like he had a stop sign" were his exact words.

I'm not familiar with sailplanes though. Would you be able to hear one from 30 yards away? And do you have any idea what these planes look like? Are they unusual looking by airplane standards? Both witnesses emphasized that, while it seemed to be an airplane, it was unlike any airplane they had ever seen.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There are many threads about this on ATS. When an airplane is going in for landing in a strong headwind it might appear to be hovering, especially if the spectator is moving in the same direction. I have seen it many times myself and it looks weird.

That's my explanation.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Any chance of getting pics and/or video of the incident?

This would shed a great deal of light over the discussion.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting but a question?

You joined ATS in 01/09 but now in 02/10 you post about this ?

You don't mention when you heard of the event ?

Did I miss something here

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Neither of the people took a picture or video. I assume other people must have seen these things too, especially the one over Summerville. It's a very rural area, but I'm sure there was other traffic on that road.

As for when I heard about it, I got the story about half an hour after it happened, shortly after the three of us arrived at work. Honestly I never really thought of posting it here until recently. I didn't tend to post at that time.

Does anyone know what kind of wind you would need to make a plane hover at 100 feet altitude? And the thing that has me really stumped is the lack of sound. Are there planes that can shut off their engines and kind of "float" on winds so close to the ground? And how long can they hover like that? I can imagine momentary hovering if the winds were right. But these things were viewed by two separate people in two different locations from multiple angles? Strikes me as extremely odd.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Neither of the people took a picture or video. I assume other people must have seen these things too, especially the one over Summerville. It's a very rural area, but I'm sure there was other traffic on that road.

Yeah, but a picture would really help flesh things out. Is there a way to get the guy to draw a picture or something like that...or make something on photoshop just so we can get some kind of speculum about it.

Also, is it possible that it could have been some of those big kites like people have?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I saw a very similar thing couple of weeks ago, about 9.20 pm at night. It came in as just one light, then when closer, had three lights, and appeared to look like a helicopter. About 100ft up. And it just hovvered. I wound down the window of my car and guess what...? NO sound!!

As I drove away from the traffic lights, the back of it had four lights, in shape a bit like the X or Y Wings out of Star Wars. It was one of the most bizarre thing I've seen.

There's a police helicopter that regularly flies over and I saw it the other night, and the lights were completely different on the object I saw.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

That's one way to look at it, but there are a couple of things that don't match up. For one, the man was driving in the exact opposite direction with the plane almost directly overhead at only about 100-200 feet altitude and there is no airport anywhere near the area. Both witnesses, from two different vantage points, described the planes as very unusual looking and hanging stationary low over the ground. Also, it seems like he should be able to detect some kind of sound from an airplane at that distance, yet there was none. I showed both witnesses several pictures of gliders that I found online, both said the plane(s) looked nothing like gliders. In fact one witness said the one he saw had distinctly swept-back wings like a fighter jet. He also said that before he lost sight of the plane, while it was stationary, it rotated clockwise 90 degrees as if it were on an axis. It seems like we would have to simply ignore various aspects of the description in order to force your explanation to fit.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hi, i'm new here, i've an experience today (as 01-oct-2010) i'm driving my bike from my girlfriend house to my house at 10:15pm in Cartago, Colombia, i drive straight 5 blocks and then turn to left when i noticed a plane with blue and red lights blinking slowly at 3 blocks far from my position.. as my bike advance i noticed that the plane was not moving... i advance in straight line, and the plane was pointing to my left i can see the plane's side from tail to nose, then i stop and point my sight towards the plane, i've two points of reference, two power and at this moment i was below the plane, there are not relative movement to the power lines, i can see the bottom of plane and notices it has no sound at all, just blinking lights, then the plane starts moving slowly making a slightly curve to the right, it looks like an airbus to me except there is not turbines below wings or in tail, I continue seeing the plane and starts my bike again, when i arrive to my house i make a phone call to my girlfriend telling what i see, then she go out to the window and makes me the same description of the object, sliding slowly with blinking red and blue lights.. when the object go out line of sight both of us noticed that in the plane's trajectory was 3 or may be 4 communication towers with navigation lights off, and 4 or 5 minutes later, the lights on and continued working.

I was making a search about this topic, because is not normal to me (i'm electrical Engnieeer, and work as a university teacher) to see a plane hovering like an helicopter with no sound and blinking lights .

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Two of my coworkers saw something extremely strange on their way to work one day last spring. I'd like to know if anyone has heard about anything like this. I've read a lot about UFOs, but nothing like this. I'm going to be somewhat brief, and if anyone is interested in more details I will try to oblige. I talked to both of these people quite a bit about what they saw. Here's a summary:

About 2:30 p.m., "Steve" is driving along a rural highway. He sees a "plane" flying low toward him and just off the left side of the road. It looks as though it is going to try to land in the field alongside the highway. Steve slows down to see what's up. Suddenly the thing stops in mid-air "like he had a stop sign." At this point the craft is about 100 feet up, 20 feet off the side of the highway, just ahead of Steve's vehicle and completely stationary. It made no noise at all. Steve continued driving slowly past it and watched it in his rear view mirror until he rounded a curve and lost sight of it. Just before he went around the bend, Steve saw the "plane" rotate to the right, as if on a vertical axis. "It shocked the s**t out of me," he said.

About four or five miles behind Steve was "Barb" also driving to work. She sees a strange "plane" hovering overtop of a town less than a mile to her left. "It freaked me out," she said. "I wondered what it was doing there." The plane was motionless except for a slight back and forth tilting. She lost sight of it when she started to go up a hill. At the top of the hill she saw it again, or another one like it, but much closer and almost overhead. Low, probably 100 feet. Again, no sound.

Both described what they saw as a "strange plane" with an oddly shaped tail. Steven said "like it had a spoiler on it" while Barb said the tail was "shaped like a T". Both agreed it was dark gray or black with no markings and no visible windows or cockpit. Steve's sketch showed kind of swept back wings, with smaller appendages behind them. Barb's sketch showed wings that were less swept back. Both were certain they could hear no noise. Steve had his window down and went practically under it when it was 100 feet up. This is the detail that threw me, as all the VTOL jets I know of make a lot of noise.

Can anyone explain what these people might have seen? I have no doubt that they saw it. 100% sincerity. Not at all the type to make this up.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hi

This EXACT thing happened to me today. I live in a rural area, and was on the way to my daughters school for a conference when I saw a small (as compared with a commercial jet liner) craft hovering above the trees, no more than 100ft in the air, about 20ft off the side of the road. As I was on a country road (no traffic) I stopped the car and watched for a min. It was exactly what you posted. A small gray aircraft that looked like it was stopped at a stop sign, kind tilting back and forth . . .there was something weird with the tail. NO SOUND. My first thought was OMG, it is going to crash! I pulled over in the next driveway to see what it was going to do . . .and no kidding, it seemed to resume its flight, however, this "flight" was more like it was "floating" over the tree tops - knda like a balloon being pulled away by the wind. I watched it until it disappeared. If a "normal" plane was overhead that low . . .I would have definately heard something. This was no "harrier" jet . . .nor was it a helicopter. Perhaps it is a hologram? Anywayz, I have been pretty weirded out by this all day. Thanks for your post.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I recall a similar story on a UFO site where an older gentleman claims to have seen a WWII type aircraft flying into a power line near him. He claimed it stopped mid air and when he looked in his rear view mirror it was no longer there. I think he even said it was motionless and just tilted once. I tried to find it but that was years ago I read that encounter so I don't think I'll find it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

This plane was dark blueish gray . . .and kinda looked like an old WWII craft that you might expect to see in the movies. I am not an aircraft expert by any means, however . . .this was NOT right. It was stopped in mid air! No sound! When it continued it's course, it's flight so resembled the old balsa gliders my brothers used to build and play with when they were kids. You know, kinda wobbly, but still gliding on the wind . . .anywayz, it was beyond weird, and I would be just as happy to never encounter this again. Peace!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join