It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED!!! Sarah Palin's Family uses Socialized Medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Sunchine
reply to post by Janky Red

No Medicaid does suck, but I guess we are stuck with it because no politician in ther right mind can go against an entitlement and get elected. Once you hand the sorriest of society free stuff they never want to give it back.

well I wish you could absorb the irony, thats my point...

It is not like she has been for such ideas, or even not engaged in the issue.
However Sarah has been a key player in discrediting the merits of government healthcare.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Mr Sunchine
reply to post by Janky Red

No Medicaid does suck, but I guess we are stuck with it because no politician in ther right mind can go against an entitlement and get elected. Once you hand the sorriest of society free stuff they never want to give it back.

well I wish you could absorb the irony, thats my point...

It is not like she has been for such ideas, or even not engaged in the issue.
However Sarah has been a key player in discrediting the merits of government healthcare.

She has been a key player is giving out false information.

Death Panels...that was her contribution. Scared unintelligent people that the government was going to kill Grandma because they were going to offer them free services that most older people currently use and have to pay for (end of life planning).

If you are older...then it is only logical to plan for the end of your life...no one is immortal and this does not equal the government wanting to kill you off sooner than later.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.mediabistro.com...

Bristol Palin Launching PR Firm?
By Joe Ciarallo on Jan 05, 2010 04:39 PM

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

That's what MSNBC's Rachel Maddow reported last night, after digging up documents that Bristol Palin has filed paperwork for a new "lobbying, public relations, and political consulting services" company, BSMP LLC. Her full name is Bristol Sharon Marie Palin.

According to Palin's lawyer, "The code for BSMP, LLC pertains to several areas but includes public relations. Bristol Palin provides public relations services and is currently an ambassador for the Candie's Foundation."

The Candie's Foundation is a pro-abstinence organization. As Maddow noted, "Bristol Palin has essentially set herself up to be paid as an incorporated entity as opposed to being paid as an individual and that's sort of a common choice people make when they have money coming in from various sources like this."

?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Bristol Palin's New Company: BSMP LLC, Public Relations Firm (VIDEO)On Rachel Maddow's show Tuesday night, Maddow dug into some curious paperwork filed in Alaska last September by the 19-year-old Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah, mother of Tripp. The paperwork established Bristol Palin as the organizer of a new company called BSMP LLC. (BSMP is Palin's initials: Bristol Sharon Marie Palin).

According to the paperwork, the company "intends to provide lobbying, public relations, and political consulting services."

From Maddow's report:

[Palin's Lawyer] finally got back to us late this evening. He told us in an E-mail, quote, "The code for BSMP, LLC pertains to several areas but includes public relations. Bristol Palin provides public relations services and is currently an ambassador for the Candie`s Foundation.

The Candie`s Foundation is a pro-abstinence organization. Bristol Palin has essentially set herself up to be paid as an incorporated entity as opposed to being paid as an individual and that`s sort of a common choice people make when they have money coming in from various sources like this.

So BSMP, LLC, may just be a pretty smart financial decision by a very astute 19-year-old, or Bristol Palin is about to launch a lobbying and consultancy firm to run her mom`s 2012 presidential campaign. Theoretically possible, but probably not.

So how is she on medicaid? A person who holds a postion in company is not eligble to collect unemployment, medicaid or many of the the programs the government offers unless they give up there postion in that company.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You should follow the tea party a bit more.

The elites are trying to plant Palin and some the old repubs in and hijack the tea parties.

Glen Beck is also trying to hijack the tea parties,he is a fake Conservative ,on one hand he will praise Ron Paul and then when the time is right he will stab paul in the back, Just like he did last time Just like he just did to Medina in the Texas Governor race.

Glen will tell you how conservative he is and about how he is not for wars and then will tell you how much HE LOVES DICK Cheney King of the interventionists.

Glen beck has called many times for a Value Added Tax. What tea party member calls for any tax?

He is job is to lead the independents back into the republican party. Washington can can carry on as usual.

It was the same way with obama, He had some strange ideologies for the U.S. political scene,but he was not vedded by the media which in itself should be a crime. WHen he gets in office he jacks up spending continues the wars, expanding them to Yemen and Pakistan added 100k more troops in Afghanistan, Soon attacks on Iran.

Guys you must understand that there is a complete media subculture that most will never notice because it relies on your human nature to deceive yourself.

Its hard to notice the subtle changes that happen over time if you are not watching 24/7 or having some one pointing them out.I assure you republican and democrat sides are manipulated to keep you cycling through the parties, and the Major news outlets I believe are not directly responsible but it only takes 3 or 4 folks in each News room to completely dominate the political scene if they are coordinated on certain topics.Knowing that they will get caught if they are two obvious they will attack each other such as cnn and fox and the like.
When it comes to crunch time and they see power is going to shift they slowly turn the screws up on a candidate in a coordinated fashion which is pretty vile considering they peddle they are Independent News organizations.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Your source is wrong, your didn't check, and this thread is a lie and a HOAX.

Bristol Bay Native Association. Inc. is a Tribal Consortium, made up of 31 Tribes and is organized as a non-profit corporation to provide a variety of educational, social, economic and related services to the Native people of Bristol Bay region of Alaska.

The Mission of BBNA is to promote self determination of Tribes of the Bristol Bay region, and the betterment, well-being, culture and interests of the Native People of the Bristol Bay Region.

Bristol Bay Native Association, Inc.

This is no more "socialized medicine" than the Mayo Institute, Kaiser Foundation, or any other service consortia.

Did you stop to think that maybe the attorneys might be "fudging" the truth? Why can't Levi Johnston face his obligations like a man? Is it because he's a social parasite?

The entirety of the BBNA's HHS "funding" is for these specific programs, none of which are for infant or mother's medical care as found in the Annual Report (if you bothered to look and check your obviously-biased sources):

Aging Title VI DHHS $135,500
Aging Title VI Part C DHHS $50,940
Child Welfare Services DHHS $24,753
Family Preservation DHHS $42,078
Family Violence Prevention DHHS $85,658
Head Start DHHS $1,311,973
TANF Federal DHHS $1,216,441

BBNA Annual Report

You should be ashamed for spreading slander and trash, but that's what many come here for, isn't it?

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 23-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've gotten pretty numb to news over time and I rarely get emotional about it anymore, but this story really ticks me off.

This retarded woman has a freaking army of retards hanging on her every retarded word and what does she tell them? That government insurance is going to kill old people and her retarded kid, when in reality, government funded insurance is paying for her grandson's healthcare. The real bummer is that her retarded followers would have benefited most from a public option because they obviously don't have any kind of education if they believe that garbage she spews and thus don't have jobs that pay for health insurance.

Oh, and Levi and Bristol must have been retarded off drugs when they named that kid. Hence the name Tripp.

(Oh and it's okay that I use the word retard because it's "satire")

[edit on 23-2-2010 by milesp]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Sunchine

and yet.....how many times have the conservatives on these boards tried to tell us all that we should be begging our families for help with our obnoxious healthcare bills???

Even so, so what, her daughter is like many other young mothers in this country (probably alot more than you think), they are getting their kids healthcare subsidized through gov't programs. Have you look at the cost of insuring those kids on your own???

Now, if one were to find out that her and ex-boyfriend still have a thing going, but well, they found out while they were planning their marriage that they just couldn't afford to be married, with a kid.....so they opted to take this route. I'd have more to say!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
3 flags and 3 stars for information that busted the most prolific conservative in the U.S.

Well, I left it up for the people to decide. Evidently Palin is no longer news.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Mr Sunchine

and yet.....how many times have the conservatives on these boards tried to tell us all that we should be begging our families for help with our obnoxious healthcare bills???

Even so, so what, her daughter is like many other young mothers in this country (probably alot more than you think), they are getting their kids healthcare subsidized through gov't programs. Have you look at the cost of insuring those kids on your own???

Now, if one were to find out that her and ex-boyfriend still have a thing going, but well, they found out while they were planning their marriage that they just couldn't afford to be married, with a kid.....so they opted to take this route. I'd have more to say!!!

I agree, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
I've gotten pretty numb to news over time and I rarely get emotional about it anymore, but this story really ticks me off.

This retarded woman has a freaking army of retards hanging on her every retarded word and what does she tell them? That government insurance is going to kill old people and her retarded kid, when in reality, government funded insurance is paying for her grandson's healthcare. The real bummer is that her retarded followers would have benefited most from a public option because they obviously don't have any kind of education if they believe that garbage she spews and thus don't have jobs that pay for health insurance.

Oh, and Levi and Bristol must have been retarded off drugs when they named that kid. Hence the name Tripp.

(Oh and it's okay that I use the word retard because it's "satire")

[edit on 23-2-2010 by milesp]

I couldn't have said it better. The Hypocrisy is amazing.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It was only a matter of time before someone called this story a hoax. Congratulations for being the first.

As I said before, I'm not here to defend myself, my view, or the story. You decide the value of this story, and make up your own mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your title is not even close to what the article says. It isn't even misleading..It's just wrong. Since when is Palin responisble for her grown daugthers medical bills. Let alone her daughters son? By the way, that Levi should be the one that steps up and pays the bill, not the grandparents. You are grasping at straws.

EDIT : By the way my parents are LOADED, and me and my wife have medicare and are on WIC. I am a grown man and my parents don't hold my hand anymore.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Arguing that someone is a hypocrite for using a service they pay for at gun point, while arguing against having their money taken at gun point, is ridiculous.

I guess we could call politicians that support voucher programs hypocrites for using the public school system.

I guess we could call politicians that support eliminating corn subsidies hypocrites for eating corn.

I guess we could call politicians that want the fed destroyed hypocrites for accepting pay in federal reserve notes.

I'm no fan of Palin, but the arguments presented are ridiculous.

I'd wager Palin has paid more into that system than 99% of Alaskan's.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If it was her son, I might have a problem.

Grandson....I don't think it's a big deal.

Sarah Palin pays more than her fair share of taxes to cover this.

It's the ones that don't contribute and keep having kids that I worry about.

Well said. I sure don't want her being President, so this isn't a "Pro-Palin" type of mentality.

But she is not responsible for what her adult children do, or how her grandkids are raised.

This is just an attempt by some lazy journalist to create a "gotcha" moment without having to do any real work.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If you'd bothered to read about the BBNA, you'd know better.

What are you going to make up next?

It doesn't matter to you what the truth is, does it?
ATS should ban posts that are blatantly unsupported by facts and slanderous at the same time.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Your source is wrong, your didn't check, and this thread is a lie and a HOAX.

Bristol Bay Native Association. Inc. is a Tribal Consortium, made up of 31 Tribes and is organized as a non-profit corporation to provide a variety of educational, social, economic and related services to the Native people of Bristol Bay region of Alaska.

The Mission of BBNA is to promote self determination of Tribes of the Bristol Bay region, and the betterment, well-being, culture and interests of the Native People of the Bristol Bay Region.

Bristol Bay Native Association, Inc.

This is no more "socialized medicine" than the Mayo Institute, Kaiser Foundation, or any other service consortia.

Did you stop to think that maybe the attorneys might be "fudging" the truth? Why can't Levi Johnston face his obligations like a man? Is it because he's a social parasite?

The entirety of the BBNA's HHS "funding" is for these specific programs, none of which are for infant or mother's medical care as found in the Annual Report (if you bothered to look and check your obviously-biased sources):

Aging Title VI DHHS $135,500
Aging Title VI Part C DHHS $50,940
Child Welfare Services DHHS $24,753
Family Preservation DHHS $42,078
Family Violence Prevention DHHS $85,658
Head Start DHHS $1,311,973
TANF Federal DHHS $1,216,441

BBNA Annual Report

You should be ashamed for spreading slander and trash, but that's what many come here for, isn't it?

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 23-2-2010 by jdub297]

Outstanding. At first, i assumed some Liberally inclined rag had tried to nail her for allowing her grandchild to use WIC, which is encouraged for all US Citizens regardless of income.

But, i see that it is less than that.

And you end this by pointing out the most important part: the childs FATHER is responsible for providing health care. Since he is too busy swinging his d*** for Playgirl to provide for his child, then the Palin family is left to deal with it on their own.

My mother in law is not responsible for providing health care to my son. You will never convince me otherwise. Regardless of how much i may dislike Sarah Palin.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time before someone called this story a hoax. Congratulations for being the first.

It is what it is.

How sad that political fright skews our morals so badly that truth and ethics take second place to "my post" and "my stars" and "my flags."

jw

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I typically try to avoid defending any politician but this is pretty ridiculous.

As others have said, what the parents decide to do is not any of Palin's business. For instance, I can be a pro life spokeswoman but my child could choose to have an abortion. I wouldn't have any control over it or say in the matter if that is their ultimate decision so I don't see why Palin should be blamed for this as being hypocritical.

Secondly, the current medicaid system is not the same as what is being proposed: Forced health insurance purchased by the citizen.

Lastly, the father of the child apparently bailed so now the single mother, Palin's daughter, made a decision what to do. How is this Palin's fault?

I do believe she is a huge hypocrite in other areas, just like most politicians, but this incident doesn't appear to be up to her.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Arguing that someone is a hypocrite for using a service they pay for at gun point, while arguing against having their money taken at gun point, is ridiculous.

It is absolutely NOT ridiculous. It exposes their hypocrisy. If they feel a service offers no benefit and is bad, then DON'T USE IT. If, on the other hand, your claiming it offers no benefit but you use it in order to get a benefit, then your a hypocrite. The fact that the government "holds a gun to your head" as you say, and we all pay into portions of the system, is not sufficient in excusing someone speaking out their mouth and out their a** at the same time.

This is exactly what the Repubs are doing right now with the Stimulus, so it's just more evidence of the same tactics. Let's unanimously rail on the stimulus nationally, but let's go back to our constituents and take credit for the projects that this same stimulus is now funding.

It's hypocrisy.

I guess we could call politicians that support voucher programs hypocrites for using the public school system.

Why? That's a silly argument. I may support public schools, just not the way MINE is run in my neighborhood. Doesn't mean I'm AGAINST public schools. That's a reach.

I guess we could call politicians that support eliminating corn subsidies hypocrites for eating corn.

Why? They like corn! Eat corn! Doesn't mean they have to agree with the incentives given for growing corn. Just as silly as the school example.

I guess we could call politicians that want the fed destroyed hypocrites for accepting pay in federal reserve notes.

On this one, I agree! YES, we can call them hypocrites, for at least not being committed.

I'd wager Palin has paid more into that system than 99% of Alaskan's.

Dunno how that's relevant (and I doubt that's true). Just cuz you pay a larger share in taxes doesn't give you the right to be a hypocrite.

And let's be real for a sec...

You don't think Palin controls what happens in that house of hers? Even moreso now AFTER her daughter got knocked up in it?

Most of you level-headed people out there know this already. Palin is creating a brand. Every move from every family member is calculated to express a specific message or ideal. So for something like this to come out means it's one of three things:

1. It slipped through the cracks
  2. Palin thought you were too stupid to find it.
  3. She realized that it was small enough that, even if anyone did put the pieces together, her kookoo followers would get on ATS and just say things like "Well... Welll, It's Bristol, not Sarah. Yeah. That's it!"

And Finally...

Even if Sarah doesn't condone it, and Bristol is showing her independence, then:

- Bristol Palin Supports Publicly Funded Healthcare!!!
- Bristol Palin is a Socialist!!!
- Sarah Palin Has A Socialist Living In Her House!!!
- Sarah Palin Associates Herself With Socialists!!!

Commie Bastards!!!

Of course I don't believe any of that. Just thought I'd apply some Rightie logic to the situation for some comic relief

The views in this post are either satire or views expressed by Rush Limbaugh, and are in either instance therefore immune from Sarah Palin attacks of false indignation. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Secondly, the current medicaid system is not the same as what is being proposed: Forced health insurance purchased by the citizen.

Actually, it kinda is...

You still have to pay for the Medicaid system through your taxes, whether you use it or not. So it is forced to some extent.

And everyone can agree that Medicare, Medicaid, are socialistic at their core.

Therefore, if you're against socialized medicine, then you need to be against socialized medicine.
Palin's not just against forcing people to buy insurance, she's against socialized medicine (well... actually... She's against anything Obama does, really. Heck, he cut taxes, and she's still complaining about the stimulus).

[edit on 23-2-2010 by tommy_boy]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join