It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1...they will not let it die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I just heard that airports are now offering the H1N1 shots...

CHANTILLY, Va. (AP) -- Wondering what to do while you're waiting for a flight at Dulles International Airport? Now, you can get a swine flu shot.

The Virginia Department of Health and the Loudoun County Health Department have teamed up with airport officials to give out free vaccinations against the potentially deadly virus.

Health officials say there could be another wave of the H1N1, or swine flu, virus, so it would be smart to take advantage of the opportunity. The program started Feb. 16, and about 200 shots a day are being given away.

The vaccinations are available from noon to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, in baggage claim areas six and 13 on the ground floor.

...they just will not accept that it was a total boondoggle...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I had H1N1... It's not a big deal if you dont' have any risk factors. I'm all for vaccines for things like measles and smallpox, but this might just be a little ridiculous...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was walking through a Wal-Mart about a week and a half ago in a far north Chicago suburb, and they had a table set up for people to get a flu shot.

I stopped and asked why they were there, and wasn't it a little late in the season to still be selling the vaccine, and the nurses said:

"We are expecting a second wave of the flu that is going to be worse than the first time around."

So, I asked if the vaccine was new and improved and if it would cost more.

All I got was a baffled look.

Not one person was in line for the shot by the way, and this was a busy weekend.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I work at walgreens and they're pushing it hard there. My girlfriend is a nursing student and she was giving drive-thru flu shots a couple months ago. Drive-thru flu shot....

I just don't get it, everyone knows they're overblowing this, everybody knows it. It's just stupid.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
just a thought...maybe since I've recently read reports that UK is threatening an investigation into the over-hype by the WHO...they are trying to make it look like it was called for ...

I wonder who has the most to gain for this craziness? Big pharma...imagine what they made from this "emergency"...gotta follow the money...that might be an interesting investigation.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

Thanks much. Oh ya, they aren't giving it up.
From 4 days ago:

"WHO: Add swine flu to regular flu vaccine"
www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My own local state government are about to start mass vaccination at all State High Schools.

The schools will become school-based clinics handing out the vaccine to anyone who wants one... I won't be getting one.

Qld Health Swine Flu Clinics

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Where I live all the Walgreens and CVS pharmacies are pushing it hard too. I think they had too much on hand at the beginning of the season then when people realized that Swine Flu was not this horrible killer virus, no one wanted to get the shot, including me. Now they are practically giving it away....blows my mind

top topics

join