It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Knowledge??????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I Dont Know what to make of this guys? but could It be, that they know something that the General Public doesnt know????

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe these guys are watching ATS and happened to see ole 'peep-eye's" thread about Google Sacrifices the Bull.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's a possibility that the Illuminati were sending signals that it was time to dump. The handwriting is on the wall. When you turn the Wall Street Bull upside down and put it on a fire....Yes, it does mean something! Keep watching the subliminal signals, people!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crusader

This is pretty useless information IMO - not only that but you have to file a form etc. and there is much paperwork to disclose when insiders are trading in the market.

I have heard this story keep coming out in different outlets for a while, but never has it been shown (to my knowledge) that an increase in anything that is related to pre-disclosed information is a forward looking indicator.

This is just for "web-hitz" and your normal media sensationalism at best.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Keep watching the subliminal signals, people!

Good advice!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It was reported on 11th October in the Sunday newspapers in the UK that company directors were selling their own company stock in a ratio of 9 to 1.

The market crashed within a week.

Hard core aggressively selling by directors only takes place right before a final crash as the losses have to be vast enough to overcome the fear of possible insider dealing charges being brought as a result of people seeing through flimsy excuses.

My guess is that the market still has about tw, maybe 5 weeks maximum to go. On this basis it is lining up precisely for a crash triggered by Gordon Brown giving a "give-away" budget in late March that will scare the bond market. By May. the Dow will probably be down to under 6,000 and banks will be folding like an origami expert on speed.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Interesting view

But it would be more interesting if you could show a true correlation between the two historically.

I do not think you will be able to find one though, if you do you may be in the wrong profession. But you might want to keep your day job because DOW 6000 in 5 weeks is a fallacy my friend, lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The SEC provides free public [online] access to all insider stock transactions through the EDGAR database (Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval System).

You can monitor insider buying & selling activity [SEC Form 4 submissions] here. This info pertains to all companies registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission , large/small...foreign/domestic. All officers, directors, and any individual or institution holding more than 10% of a company's stock are required to submit their trades to the commission via Form 4.

Want to know what Warren Buffet is up to ?

How is this information of value to investors ?

While touting the integrity of Countrywide's lending programs , CEO Angelo Mozilo was exercising options and dumping shares on a massive scale 2006 - 2008. I think a reasonable person could argue that Mozilo's SEC Form 4 profile should have raised a few flags with the regulators as it developed , but the SEC didn't get around to investigating him until last Spring....after a series of shareholder lawsuits were initiated. Ultimately the Gubmn't filed insider trading and fraud charges in June. Insult to injury...TARP (taxpayer $) recipient BOA is funding Mozilo's legal defense.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Off topic but i must say that is the best signature of all time.....

To the OP, I'm not a trader but just maybe they felt their stock was overvalued and wanted some extra cash so they sold some. Bill Gates has been doing it for years and microsoft has not gone bust.

My $.02 only because i wanted to remark on the signature without a hand slap!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi anotherdad...a couple thoughts....

Originally posted by anotherdad
To the OP, I'm not a trader but just maybe they felt their stock was overvalued and wanted some extra cash so they sold some. Bill Gates has been doing it for years and microsoft has not gone bust.

Not bust , but Microsoft hasn't gone anywhere for the past 9yrs either. Almost recovered from the 50% hit in March 09...but essentially trading flat since 2001. In terms of the number of shares Gates owns , his total sales represent a mere drop in the bucket. Regardless , I wouldn't expect to see the SEC to go after BG...ever.

There are numerous legitimate reasons for insider stock liquidations...from tax-loss sales..to..short-term market inefficiency...but when we see a collective , sustained wave of insider selling...it may equate to a general vote of no-confidence in the prospects for a near-term economic recovery. A possible consensus of sorts , from the only sector of market participants with...well , inside knowledge.

Another method for gaging insider interest is to monitor institutional trade. What are the major funds doing ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd83ebe5d93f.png[/atsimg]

We see a break below primary support in early January , a successful test of the secondary support line...with short-term support currently being tested at the blue arrow. At the bottom of the graph , the C-RSI (relative strength indicator) hasn't shown this degree of weakness since the rout in 08...and currently toying with the neutral line. This situation needs to reverse....soon. The rally off secondary support occurred on little very strength and could easily breakdown here.

Caution imo.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
LEADING INVESTOR WRANS OF UK POUND GOING INTO A TAILSPIN

Billionaire financier Jim Rogers has predicted that the British Pound could completely collapse within weeks, sending shockwaves throughout the global economy and heralding the beginning of a downturn that would make the recent economic crisis look tame in comparison.

“Other currencies aren’t strong and the Euro has real problems, with cracks much wider than Greece beginning to show,” Rogers said.

“But it’s the Pound that’s most vulnerable. In real terms, it’s already devalued against virtually every currency barring the Zimbabwean dollar and it’s especially exposed over the weeks running up to the UK election. In a basket of currencies, the Pound is potentially a basket case. And that will put Britain in an extremely bad position for the shakedown.”

“The last few months have seen a ‘false bounce’, shorn up by massive short-term injections of government underwriting,” Rogers, the former business partner of George Soros, said.

“But it can’t last. We’ve been applying temporary sticking plasters, not long-term cures. Later this year we’ll see the start of the real recession, with more Lehman-scale disasters and a fallout which won’t stop until the underlying malaise is genuinely cured.” he added.

Rogers was quoted in a press release ahead of a keynote appearance at next month’s Global Trading Day seminar in Westminster along with investment advisor Dr Marc Faber and British trader Vince Stanzione.

Prominent Investor: Pound Could Collapse Within Weeks FOTR 340x1692

The British economy is facing a “double dip” after January figures put the idea of a recovery firmly on the backburner.

Rogers’ sentiments echo those of Swiss Bank UBS, which this week speculated that there could be a run on the pound if the government too aggressively tackles Britain’s huge deficit, projected to reach £178bn this year.

Last week, Sterling hit a nine month low against the dollar, falling to $1.05, and slumping beyond parity for the first time against the euro.

An announcement yesterday by Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England, that the bank was ready to print more money and “do whatever seems appropriate”, sent the currency sinking once more.

Sterling fell sharply, from $1.5529 at 9.13am, just before King began speaking, to $1.5398 at 10.30am, when he finished giving evidence to MPs.

The stark downturn has led Jim Rogers and Marc Faber to predict a currency crash foreshadowing a full scale global “shakedown”.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
This is pretty useless information IMO - not only that but you have to file a form etc. and there is much paperwork to disclose when insiders are trading in the market.

I have heard this story keep coming out in different outlets for a while, but never has it been shown (to my knowledge) that an increase in anything that is related to pre-disclosed information is a forward looking indicator.

This is just for "web-hitz" and your normal media sensationalism at best.

Actually heightened insider seller on an ongoing basis - which we are witnessing everywhere on the planet - is worthy of note.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

I heard Jim Rogers denied this statement, it is fake.

Jim Rogers statement regarding this

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

No, it's not at all because it is not historically significant.

It's dumb.

new topics

top topics

join