It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95-97% of Greenhouse Gases and Global Warming is caused by Water!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

We have all read it all I think. What many of us don't think is right is the concept of Cap and Trade. It will raise the price of ALL goods and dramatically increase the price of food. The number of people who would starve as a result seems to be irrelevant to many.

If they are right and the temperature goes up around a half degree Celsius in the next hundred years and sea levels go up a couple of inches, is that reason enough to destroy what's left of the economy and cause the starvation of possibly millions of people.

The catastrophe scenario is just in the movies. We are talking minor changes even if you buy the UN nonsense which has now been debunked by those who provided the data they used to begin with.

Then some of us are following the money trail. Gore started what is now a worthless company which becomes worth an estimated one billion dollars the second Cap and Trade passes. Add to that he made that movie to influence its passage and has made it clear he does not care if the science is grossly exaggerated and its clear this is about money. Not you, not me, but money for the already rich and powerful. Gore left office worth a half million dollars. He is now worth over a hundred million. All that on a Professors salary in the middle of a recession. Anyone dumb enough to believe he cares about the environment???

Add to this the fact we have natural gas, already found, already accessible and ready to produce, that would fill all our needs for an estimated three hundred years. We could have been driving our cars on LNG for about forty years now and the government knows this. It is nearly pollution free. So, why exactly has the government blocked every attempt to go that way? Including Mr. Gore and his compatriots.

Add to that the fact our government, under the thumb of environmental extremists has blocked the building of nuclear power plants for the same period of time, knowing full well it is safe, clean and cheap. The old argument about waste is stupid now as the French have been kind enough to solve those issues.

There is only one conclusion to come to here. The governments are lying or we would have gone to natural gas and nuclear long ago. The environmentalists are lying because they oppose all the best solutions and are the main reason progress is blocked. The data the UN used is faulty and the emails and the subsequent confessions prove that. The results have been grossly exaggerated with the help of Gore and his future billionaires of America club. The government little servants in the entertainment industry have made movie after movie to try and scare us into being stupid enough to fall for this also.

Then they spread the bald faced lie that those opposed to Cap and Trade are anti-environment, which is of course a bunch of crap. We all want a clean environment. We are just not all stupid.

They know most people can be manipulated with their soundbites and if they repeat lies enough times the weak minded will eventually come to believe whatever facts they fabricate. I think they are shocked how many are suddenly waking up to the facts of GW. They are now in a corner and don't know what to do, so look out. The lying has just begun.

Another good point is why are they not concentrating on China and India? We are improving at a fantastic rate and we are no longer the problem. China is building dirty coal fired plants almost daily. Why is the UN and our so called environmental groups not interested in that? Ask yourself that question. How many threads here are on China and India on this issue????

China, Russia and India have made it clear that they won't be participating in Cap and Trade. That means we are discussing the further destruction of our economy and causing mass starvation for no reason. It will not help the environment one bit.

Not a day goes by that I'm not amazed at how naive so many are.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Doesn't even really matter if the story is true. Of course Water Vapor is the key component of Global Warming. Of course Water Vapor makes up the majority of the mass in the atmosphere.

Come again? Water vapor makes up roughly 1 percent of the atmosphere by volume (ppm). By mass, it isn't that much different.

Of course we can manipulate any data to make it say exactly what we want it to say.

I could tell you that the atmosphere is majority Hydrogen by one measure, and tell you it was majority Nitrogen by another.

Please, go ahead and tell me the majority of the atmosphere is hydrogen by manipulating data. I dare you to try.

As far as LNG being used in cars, how are you going to keep fuel refrigerated in small vehicles at -270 degrees F efficiently? I don't see how this would be a practical technology even if it produces less CO2 and other pollutants per calorie of energy.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ncb1397

Common myth. The city of Rock Springs, Wyoming has been doing just that for about 35 years. NG vehicles are old tech.. The wells are capped and have been for many decades.

I worked on one of the Wildcat Rigs that initially found the fields. My knowledge is first hand, how about yours? Some was developed, but most is untouched. Only the one pipeline accounting for a tiny part of the NG field was ever touched. When the True rig I was on realized what was there, they capped the well and walked away. Somebody paid them to do that. Wonder who? One day they were ready to start punching holes all over the field, the next the existing holes were capped and their mouths were clamped shut.

The reserves in Wyoming and on the Overthrust Belt are one of the worst kept secrets in history. The finds were made. The wells were capped and they remain so more than three decades later. When the mandatory article to reveal the find on the Overthrust Belt appeared just before the eight year deadline, it stated categorically that the oil pool rivaled the Saudi Pools in volume.

The crew who made that find were in my living room the same day. Again my info is direct, not some myth. We could completely cover our energy needs right now and could have for many decades. We are no where near Peak Oil. That is a fairy tale for the kids.

You can buy into the lies or seek the truth.

Prototype oil shale plants were built also not far from Grand Junction, Colorado. They were fired up and the technology was proven. They shut them down at the governments prompting and you never hear of them again. Once again we are talking enough to fill hundreds of years of energy needs.

The only sensible explanation I've ever considered is that we are trying to run the rest of the world out of energy first, making us the go to guys for energy. That would almost make sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Water Vapor Gives Off Even more Heat Into The Atmostphere Therefore GLOABAL WARMMING

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

common myth. The city of Rock Springs, Wyoming has been doing just that for about 35 years. NG vehicles are old tech.. The wells are capped and have been for many decades.

You used the term LNG which put me off. LNG wouldn't be very efficient. Compressed Nature Gas and Liquefied Nature Gas are different.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by ncb1397]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

If they are right and the temperature goes up around a half degree Celsius in the next hundred years and sea levels go up a couple of inches, is that reason enough to destroy what's left of the economy and cause the starvation of possibly millions of people.

The catastrophe scenario is just in the movies. We are talking minor changes even if you buy the UN nonsense which has now been debunked by those who provided the data they used to begin with.

Who are they when you say "if they are right"? I presume you are referring to the IPCC. The lastest IPCC report done in 2007(AR4) showed warming from 1.1 C to 6 C. 1.1 C is the positive scenario. In fact, the worst case GHG emission scenario (termed A1F1 - 6 C warming over 100 years) is lower than the emission scenario that played out after the report came out. We emitted more than the worst case scenario so far. I think you are confusing the warming over the last century (a little over half a degree centigrade) with the projections for future scenarios. That is probably where you got that number. GHG emissions has increased substantially, therefore it isn't unreasonable to project more than half a degree centigrade in warming.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by ncb1397]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Water vapor is 95% of the greenhouse gas. Man made CO2 is 0.117%

globalwarmingcon.blogspot.com...

Planet Earth is a giant ball of water that washes out CO2, man's combustion activities are not affecting the temperature of the planet. CO2 is a trace gas, man made CO2 is only 0.117% of the total greenhouse gases. The push for CO2 legislation is about taxation for global government and not about the earth science.

c3headlines.typepad.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Volcanoes actually release sulfur, which offsets the CO2 released. Sulfur cools the earth by combining with the water vapor to reflect the heat back into space. And volcanoes have only released 130 million tons of CO2 while humans have released 27 billion. Periods of warming haven't even coincided with volcanic eruptions.

As far as plants go,if the temperature increases, the stomata of plants don't open as much because they have to conserve water. Smaller stomata=less intake of CO2, less output of O2.

And the net amount of water vapor in the atmosphere isn't even the same as the net amount of CO2. We're taking CO2 out of the ground and putting it in the atmosphere; it shouldn't be in the atmosphere, land, water, etc, it should be in the ground! Not affecting anything! We're not just creating water like that. The water is still in some type of normal cycle, no matter if its in the atmosphere, water, land, animals, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join