It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the shadows. A Masonic office to open at the EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Shortly after announcing their plans for A Masonic Reconquista It looks like the Masons are starting to take some concrete steps to put their plan into action.

Freemasons keen to open office in EU capital

A French Freemason has said that part of the movement is keen to open a bureau in Brussels to lobby against the rising influence of religious organisations in the EU institutions.

"The masonic orders should practice politics in the positive sense of the term: So that despite their own partisan divisions, they speak out on the side of secularism and voice their disagreement with this or that governmental or European decision," Jean-Michel Quillardet, the former Grand Master of the Grand Orient de France, told Belgian daily Le Soir in an interview out on Wednesday (17 February).

He said that masonic lodges in Europe remain divided on the subject, with some more "shy" than others of attracting publicity by opening an office in the EU capital.

But he added that practical problems are more important than the divisions and sketched out an agenda for the future outfit.

"I think we will one day manage to create a general masonic delegation, for the sake of free-thinking in the European institutions. It's possible politically. It's less possible at the financial level, as we have infinitely smaller resources than the churches," Mr Quillardet explained.

The mason said that the Brussels bureau's first task would be to promote the idea of citizenship:

"It is necessary to impose the universal idea of the Enlightenment, which consists of the notion that people are citizens and European citizens before being Jewish, black, Maghreb, homosexual, heterosexual."

Read more: EU Obsrever.com

I guess they got tired of running things from the shadows. What's the point of having a SECRET SOCIETY if it's not a secret anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

A French Freemason has said that part of the movement is keen to open a bureau in Brussels to lobby against the rising influence of religious organisations in the EU institutions.

Which begs the question, which 'religious organisations' are influencing the EU institutions?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It should be noted that the Grand Orient of France is not recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England or, to the best of my knowledge and belief, any Grand Lodge in the United States that is recognized by UGLE. This is important because it demo.nstrates that they are outside the mainstream of Freemasonry. They tend to meddle in politics -- which mainstream Freemasonry avoids -- and they admit atheists, which most Masons regards as a clear violation of the Landmarks (the most basic and ancient rules) of the Fraternity

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The existence of Freemasonry has hardly ever been a secret. I mean, it's certainly not a secret now. Go into any bookstore or library and you can find at least one shelf about the guys. What they've meant to keep secret is the contents of the rituals and such. And either they've done a really good job of that, with fake rituals getting publicized everywhere, or a really really bad job of it. So them coming out into the open is nothing new in the least.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thank you irregular, clandestine Freemasonry for knocking down our reputation another notch. RAGE!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh I wouldn't worry about it.

Most people realize that local Masonry is just a bunch of guys (a lot of cops for some reason) getting together and drinking and smoking. Usually just wasting time, but they do indeed scratch each other's backs outside the Lodge.

However, most people also realize that there are "other" sects, if you will, that do indeed operate in the most clandestine manner to unveil a "plan" or commit treasonous acts through infiltration and manipulation.

But, like I said, you local Masons shouldn't worry, nobody is going to pound down your doors. You're not a threat.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

"It is necessary to impose the universal idea of the Enlightenment, which consists of the notion that people are citizens and European citizens before being Jewish, black, Maghreb, homosexual, heterosexual."

One can only conclude that this is the rambling's of a madman, It certainly isn't necessary to impose anything on anyone unless they are a danger to others.

How an individual anywhere in the world, not just Europe, chooses to define themselves is not something a politician or politics should decide.

The true universal idea of Enlightenment would more likely be that we are all Guests of the World.

The existence of Freemasonry has hardly ever been a secret. I mean, it's certainly not a secret now. Go into any bookstore or library and you can find at least one shelf about the guys. What they've meant to keep secret is the contents of the rituals and such. And either they've done a really good job of that, with fake rituals getting publicized everywhere, or a really really bad job of it. So them coming out into the open is nothing new in the least.

Personally I don't think it is as clear cut as it may seem, even tho the degrees are published, its like a 2d picture of something 3d, unless you have had the necessary experiences, leading up to a true initiation, you simply won't get it, those grand epiphany's, moments of realisation, are earned imo. Its like have a picture of the eiffel tower, rather than going there and actually climbing it.

You can't cut a picture out of a book and say 'I've been there'!

Thank you irregular, clandestine Freemasonry for knocking down our reputation another notch. RAGE!!

I feel for you KSig, but it comes across like the guy is misguided, not Freemasony itself.

O
xx

[edit on 23-2-2010 by oxford]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You have a lot of cops in your local Lodges? Huh. I know my Lodge started as a result that the public utilities employed Brethren wanted to meet on a different night. Most of the charter members were Idaho Power or Pacific-Union RailRoad.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by driley

The English certainly do recognize the Grand Orient of France -- as an enemy. It's red (France) vs. blue (England).

They also created Karl Marx, and then later the Russian Bolsheviks, who sparked the 1917 revolution and made Russia communist

Charity is engaging in politics, albeit in an indirect way. English Freemasons have also supported the ADL of B'nai Brith.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is great!

Of course the British will not participate in this, for fear of revealing their membership.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Its not just the Brits, no regular Grand Lodge or recognized Masonic body recognizes the Grand Orient or any clandestine Lodge.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Meh.. these fools are not Freemasons..

Though, to be fair to them, their plan isnt exactly sinister is it? It's the basis of the US Bill of Rights, the French revolution and so forth: separation of church and state. GASP!

'Ah .. sensationalist..

new topics

top topics

join