It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korea to build world's first robot theme park in Incheon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The government said yesterday it authorized Incheon to build the world's first robot theme park, aiming to boost the regional economy and advance the nation's robotics industry. The robot theme park in the Incheon Free Economic Zone is to be officially designated today as Robot Land development area by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy under the robotics development law, ministry officials said. The robot theme park, which the government says is the first of its kind in the world, will feature a number of attractions such as entertainment facilities, exhibition halls, research and development centers, education buildings and industrial support facilities, officials said.

Link

That sounds amazing, this will indeed push the robotic industry to new heights as well as increase public awareness of this fast progressing field.

The Korean government has just authorized Incheon to build the park, which will cost 784.5 billion won (about $687 million). The bidding process for this park lasted for several years with $596 million coming from private investors, about $46 million from the central government, and about $46 million from the local government. The Robot Land website says the theme park will feature various robot entertainment including exhibitions of robot characters from films and cartoons; reconstructions of robot-oriented movie sets like "Minority Report," "I,Robot," and "Matrix"; a robotic-arm ride; an aquarium where visitors can watch and manipulate robotic fish; rides; and even droid cashiers and performers.

Link

Construction will begin this year, supposedly going to finish 2013, will make a good trip for sure, haven't been to Korea anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cool! Like this?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Haha, thanks, I got to watch that movie

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm wondering about the lack of comments, no more thoughts on this project?

I think this is big, since the public has little interaction with robots at this time, this will surely change with the theme park and would be the start of a world where robots are a common thing to see, outside of military usage....

new topics

top topics

join