It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Starts Attacks On Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As was predicted by several ATS members the recent win by Ron Paul at CPAC has started to gear the MSM machinery into work. It's not surprising to see the first attack land on Ron Paul from TPM to portray him as racist and anti-gay but most of all the article is asserting Ron Paul is not in best interest of Israel.

To be sure, Paul has said and done myriad things that can and should equally offend everyone - including through his newsletters, which for decades have been riddled with racist and anti-gay writings (James Kirchick of The New Republic provided a particularly helpful expose of this background in 2008). But when it comes to Jews and Israel, Paul seems to have a special, singular focus. To say that Paul has a horrendous record on Israel and other issues of Jewish concern is a wild understatement. During the 2008 campaign, a Haaretz article quoted Paul as saying, "The assumption is that AIPAC is in control of things, and they control the votes, and they get everybody to vote against anything that would diminish the [Iraq] war." The same article repeated his preference for the cessation of all U.S. aid to Israel, noting that when it comes to the U.S., "Israel doesn't really 'need us.'" On his own website, he noted that "Palestinians are confined to a 'concentration camp'" during the Gaza conflict in January, 2009. In Congress, Paul voted "no" on Iran sanctions legislation; he also voted against recognizing Israel's 61st anniversary and the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty, and he has consistently opposed U.S.-led peace efforts in the region.

Conservatives Strive to Repel Jewish Support, Again

The author of article has tried his best (which is actually pretty lame attempt) to portray Ron Paul as a Truther,

Anointing someone whose newsletter wondered aloud if the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was perpetrated by Israel just helps to illuminate the depth of that chasm.

What is interesting to note here that the author who should be concerned about Ron Paul's stand on America's policy is instead more interested in protecting a foreign country. Seems like he couldn't find any loophole in Ron Paul's standing for American citizens.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well the MSM totally ignored him here in Atl. Ga, at the last election. Most people I spoke to never heard of him. So is this worse? I mean people might hear of him now. It will have to be word of mouth that tells his good points(I don`t have a problem with this story) when his name is brought up in topics of conversation.
From what I remember he still thinks we should abolish the IRS. GO GETTEM RON PAUL!!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
really, on talkingpoints?
I really liked that site actually
I went there often
this is dissapointing!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
News Flash: People who actually want to help America and Americans are attacked, ridiculed, given no air time, and yet never are given a proper debate around their view points.

More at 11. Here's Tom with the sports.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I see it both ways. The thing I found most funny about the article is how it complained that Ron Paul claimed "Israel does not need the US"..... well they dont, they have 200 nuclear missiles and years of arms, military equiptment supplied by the US, they CAN take car of themselves! Why should be continue to waste billions??? American has her own problems now for petes sakes! What a tool. Over the years of spending $3billion annually on this nation what has Israel given back? A sense of purpose to the religious zealots in america? Really its people like this that contribute to this nations debt and foreign problems!

On another side I am also sick and tired of people like Ron Paul supporters, some of them by the least, implicating jews in all these attacks. I mean what a way to scapegoat by these people. NWO, illuminati, I mean I dont give a damn and neither do the voters. Tin foil hat conspiracies have in part contributed to Ron Paul losing. People should get back to the real issues. Stop using scapegoats, not addressing real issues. In my view Ron Paul has dont questionable things. His close ties with white power groups, his opposition against the civil voting rights act that wanted to take ban voting centers from preventing minorities to vote. That may not be an issue now but his actions are in part what turned me off.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

And the one thing I dont understand is why there needs to be so much protection under Ron Paul?? Every presidential candidate has gone through negative smears from the media. Obama got it in particular from many conservative websites. Palin has recieved negative articles written about her. Clinton, Bush, Reagan and Romney, they have all had negative articles written about them. While most of the time these articles are just smears it the fact of politics. You cannot argue the "MSM" and some big conspiracy is out over Ron Paul when this is just a fact of politics and had been for decades.

The negative light on Ron Paul is no special to the negative light painted over other candidates for the last few decades. Deal with it. People are going to be negative about Ron Paul just as they had every other politician. Its the price to rising in popularity.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I like Ron Paul. But this is one of his theories I don't agree with.

In theory, the U.S. doesn't need any allies. Wait, who are we talking about fighting again? If it's China or Russia, then we're going to need all the help we can get.

Though I tend to agree that the U.S. is a powerful nation with the most advanced weaponry in the world, it doesn't hurt to have as many friends and allies as one can get.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by sos37]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How is 2012 going to be different from 2008?

Ron Paul ran for President in 2008. He dominated every internet poll, and every unscientific poll. He also raised huge amounts of money in the process.

What were the results?

Well he received 0 yes ZERO delegates for nomination to represent the Republican Party. No problem......he ran as an independent, and even with his huge monetary support, he failed to appear on several states ballots. In the end Ron Paul received 0.04% of the total vote for President.

The only question now is how much money can Ron Paul raise, and how many internet and unscientific polls can he dominate without people starting to ask "Where is the money going?"

How can we take someone seriously when inspite of all his campaign contributions can't manage to get on several states ballots?

Where is the money going, Ron Paul?

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

While it's still too early to tell, 2012 could very well be different.

So far the Republicans don't have a star for 2012. If the Republicans offer up Sarah Palin or John McCain fighting for the nomination and a few more "never heard-ofs" then Ron Paul may do very well in vying for the Republican nomination.

And the Democrats? If Obama keeps on his present course, he will have lost so many supporters that either:
1) He will have a very hard time being re-elected
2) Hilary will take a stab at stealing the Democratic nomination away from him - something that's never been done of an incumbent president looking to run for second term (at least I don't think so. I'll have to check on that).

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My guess is that, sometime in the next 2 weeks, we'll see a big push by to derail the Paul campaign. Already Sean Hannity, Glen Beck and FOX News have taken a few cheap-shots, but so far no one has laid a glove on him. Its time to wheel out the heavy artillery and pound him into the sand.

But what is Paul saying that rattles his rivals so much? Is it because he stands out in a crowd of plaster-hair phonies and talks about liberty and non-intervention instead of fear and torture?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I mean what a way to scapegoat by these people. NWO, illuminati, I mean I dont give a damn and neither do the voters. Tin foil hat conspiracies have in part contributed to Ron Paul losing.

You know how many Obama fans are conspiracy theorists?
ALOT of hip hop fans love Obama, and almost all top selling rap artists endorsed Obama and even campaigned in their cities for him.

However conspiracy theories very much swims strongly in the hip hop community. Talk to any hardcore hip hop die hard fan right now and they will tell you how jay-z is an illuminati and possibly devil-worshiping or how Nas is a freemason and is love with Baphomet.

That intersection is perhaps greater in the ron paul fan group but I think it's because such people are very govt. disbelievers and likes someone who doesn't avoid hard questions.

People should get back to the real issues. Stop using scapegoats, not addressing real issues.

I agree here

In my view Ron Paul has dont questionable things. His close ties with white power groups,

Ron Paul is actively against amnesty, where an illegal immigrant comes to this country and the baby is thought to be an american citizen.
White power groups like this. That's the source of it and perhaps also stop sending so much money to Israel.

Also there was the owner of stormfront who donated a large sum to Ron Paul's campaign. That means they like his ideals it doesn't mean RON PAUL has Ties with them, it means they are fans of his.
There's a difference.

his opposition against the civil voting rights act that wanted to take ban voting centers from preventing minorities to vote. That may not be an issue now but his actions are in part what turned me off.

Read this
www.lewrockwell.com...

You know he also voted against giving a medal or trophee or something to Rosa Parks. He said he would gladly help pay for the medal out of his own pocket but refused to fork the bill on taxpayers. He even suggested all of congress donate. But the media sold it as subtle racism on his part.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Though I tend to agree that the U.S. is a powerful nation with the most advanced weaponry in the world, it doesn't hurt to have as many friends and allies as one can get.

He said he wants to trade and be friends and set a peaceful example for all nations. He just doesn't believe that must mean forcing taxpayers to support a foriegn welfare state by the billions, that's all he meant.

I follow Ron Paul enough to know that's what he meant.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul did not run as an Independent in 2008. He remained in the Republican party. His own party is going to ignore him again in 2012 so he should just get right to it and declare himself an Independent candidate. That is if he is really serious about trying to win.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

The reason why he wont go independant is because as he says after Ross Perot gained so much support as an independant clinton got really scared and set up something called the debate commission.
They decide which parties gets on the debates and all of that.
And it's always the 2party system only.

He said unless your rich like Ross Perot it's very difficult to be 3rd party because of lack of media coverage.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You know how many Obama fans are conspiracy theorists?

No, I am yet to hear of one. I do know there are Obama supporters that scapegoat every piece of criticism over the man as racism. I can say the same for McCain supporters. I think at the end of the day is can come down to which candidate won and which lost. With the losing candidate their supporters are most likely to hold the conspiracy theories.

ALOT of hip hop fans love Obama, and almost all top selling rap artists endorsed Obama and even campaigned in their cities for him.

And? What does that have to do with it? Hows that a conspiracy? Obama has a demographic that is biased towards him. Bush had the rural country demographic which saw him as one of their own. Clinton had many southerners that were biased towards him in part because he was a southerner. Tell me something I dont know.

Talk to any hardcore hip hop die hard fan right now and they will tell you how jay-z is an illuminati and possibly devil-worshiping or how Nas is a freemason and is love with Baphomet.

I have never for the life of me heard such conspiracy theories. I mean I dont listen to hip hop and maybe its just a youngen thing. I mean if anything this isnt a mainstream conspiracy from what I can understand.

Ron Paul is actively against amnesty, where an illegal immigrant comes to this country and the baby is thought to be an american citizen.
White power groups like this.

That isnt all the white power groups he had associated with are about. For one thing stormfront is all for white purity, claiming North america was mean only for the white people. They had numerous times tried to discredit Martin Luther King and have over the years tried to justify slavery and segregation. Illegals are just another part to add up to their issues. The thing is I would not worry if Ron Paul had not chosen to associate with these people as you cannot control control who contributes and supports you, yet he chose to associate himself with such groups. His comments back 1992 regarding how all black males are potential terrorists, his generalizations.

His personal views are not all that had turned me off about him. His opposition to the 1964 civil rights act was the biggest pusher. The civil rights act prevented voting centers from preventing citizens to vote based on their color and also outlawed segregation for facilities that served the public including schools. His excuse? That "you cannot force the races to integrate". Therefore blacks should be banned becauses whites should not be forced to integrate. As if you cant still be racist and just deal with the fact that citizens of color can move just a freely as you can.

That's the source of it

There is a way to oppose Israel and to criticize other racial extremists groups without aligning yourself with the same. I get his points on Israel, affirmative action, illegals, I get it, but all this isnt a good enough excuse to associate yourself with these groups.

Also there was the owner of stormfront who donated a large sum to Ron Paul's campaign. That means they like his ideals it doesn't mean RON PAUL has Ties with them

If there are no ties and if he didnt accept their views, he would not have accepted their donation and he would have not put himself with them:
littlegreenfootballs.com...

If he truly wants to unite america to move this nation to its "constitutional roots" he would not be helping his cause bringing in people who would do no such thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Ron Paul did not run as an Independent in 2008. He remained in the Republican party. His own party is going to ignore him again in 2012

Its seems like Ron Paul does himself a deservice. His party ignores him yet he remains in the party. His party pushes for an unconstitutional war, he argues against it and yet continues to remain in the party. His party proposes the patriot act, he rallies against it, and yet he stays in the party. His supporters refer to Democrats and Republicans as "sheeple of the two party establishment" and yet Ron Paul still remains within that very establishment. Ron Paul criticizes other politicians for crossing constitutional boundaries, and yet he insists that his voters should support his fellow Republican congressman, the very same ones he criticized for being unconstitutional.

People say he has no choice but to stay in the party to keep his support. I say BS, his in the party because he is an important part to keeping a voting segment in check. You may thing your voting for Ron Paul, but at the end of the day you are voting for another Republican out of the Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Maybe Ron Paul is the one who needs to start a new, united political party and quit the idea of trying for a Republican nomination. By 2012, the word "Republican" is still going to have a greasy, grimy taste in everyone's mouth, even after four years of Obama.

I'd like to see the emergence of the "People's Party" or the "Representative Party" that voters can get behind and collectively flip the bird at both Democrat and Republican parties.

You know, thinking about this more, the fact that the MSM is stepping up attacks on Ron Paul probably indicates some fear on their part. The more they pay attention to him, the more afraid they are of him winning.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sos I agree with you there. Paulers should stop complaining, get up and rally third party. I'd also like to see liberals rally a third party themselves. Both parties have had their time and have shown they are incapable of representing the voters... how can you call your representitives your voice if all they have to worry about is one opposition regardless of what they do?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Fox News attacks Ron Paul's credibility

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

When you become Non Interventionist you will have minimal need for allies, that means your allies can't drag you into wars over trivial matters.

When you start playing in the affairs of other sovereign nations wars will happen.

Who says we are fighting china and Russia?

That is the point, when you don't inter-fear you will make 0 enemies.

SO you wont be waring anyone. You can spend money which is our money that is taken from the citizens on the citizens who live here to in prove there lives and further technology and the like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join