It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want To Call 911? Pay $300 First

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just when you thought news couldn't get any more ridiculous you have this:

cbs13.com...

Tracy residents will now have to pay every time they call 9-1-1 for a medical emergency. But there are a couple of options.

Residents can pay a $48 voluntary fee for the year which allows them to call 9-1-1 as many times as necessary. Or, there's the option of not signing up for the annual fee.

Instead, they will be charged $300 if they make a call for help.

It seems that they are going to tax and charge fees on everything now to make up for the money lost in the economy.

Here's a better idea:

Cut the U.S. military bases around the world in half, return 50% of the troops home, withdraw troops from places that they don't need to be in (Haiti, Belgium, Georgia, etc.) and you will save Hundreds Of Billions of Dollars every single year, and you don't have to tax and put fees on everything else.

But of course, who are we kidding? They will tax everything and everybody because they are not going to cut back on the military budget ever.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is insane....I live 15 minutes from Tracy, CA in the same county...I'm not sure this is even legal...In some regards it defeats the purpose of having 911...

I'm baffled at how they ever came to think this was a good idea...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The council and people responsible for this should be arrested, literally. No I'm not kidding.

They're not running a private business, so they can't conduct it as the please. They're manipulating and abusing emergency services for their own financial gain, be it the county, state, local.. whatever. Arrest them.

I'll move to Tracy, CA, and call 911 expecting a $300 fee, but I'll post a notice on my door that if any emergency services enter my home, they have to pay me $600 in advance or face legal consequence.

Sound absurd? Well, that's the idea.

Also, I'd like to add that I'm sick to death of the idiots who run the local media. They're always so ignorant, pitifully cheerful and super-supportive of their governments. Golly gosh, gee I wouldn't expect it any other way! They frame their article like,

"But don't worry!! You have options omg!! You can pay a smaller annual fee (no big deal) and you can be happy then!! Wicked sweet hahaha!"

Every time I watch any local news, I always picture some government thugs with guns pointed at everybody. This is the only excuse I can come up with for why the local media "journalists" never seem to criticize their local governments at all. They're just waiting there, ready to pull the triggers...

But if some local citizen does wrong, like tax evasion.. woah nelly! By the time those news anchors are done with him, he'll be the f**king devil incarnate!

[edit on 23-2-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Bravo! Well said! The mainstream media is nothing more than a civil manipulation system, often used for propaganda.

reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

This happening seems to show quite clearly that "they" believe, you are worth no more than the money you can create for them and "they" think that your well being means nothing to them.

They would be wrong if that is true. We are all connected.

Edited just to change the word 'make' to 'create' to more clearly articulate what I was trying to say.

[edit on 24/2/2010 by Recouper]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join