It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you one of the gang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Are any of you in a gang or have been in one? What gang? How did you initiate to get in? How has the gang treated you? What is the origin of the gang? How did it begin?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

How did it begin?

Probably the same way this thread started...with no thought at all.

Are you attempting to circumvent your Criminal Justice 101 lectures, or has ATS emasculated you so much that you now want to be a tough guy..?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was in this gang once, where we went traversing the outdoors. It was hard, but I learned alot.

We wore uniforms, they were khaki and green. When you did something cool, you got a patch or ribbon. You would wear the patch, to show the others what you were capable of...whether it was archery, or cooking, or even sewing and camping....I had alot of these.....

We sold goods, to pay for a "summer camp"...usually, we peddled our offerings outside of grocery stores and walmarts. Sometimes door to door.

The initiation was that my mom paid a yearly fee.

Wait...im pretty sure this gang was legal. nevermind.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Totally thought you were describing wilderness programs (hoods in the woods)...
Whoops. My bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Gangs are based on money, something we all don't need.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

You think so? I think you're mistaken. The term gang is a very broad spectrum. The Peace Corps could be considered a gang. A tribe of Indians(cashless) are a gang.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In my state and, many others in America, gangs are illegal.

Social clubs, discussion groups, guilds, cults and home-made religions are allowed.

Gangs are an offense that can/will lead to criminal investigation and/or jail time.

With that said...I never belonged to a gang.

But what I belong to has been accused of being such a thing many times.

Where did it start?

Right here with three people choosing to create a pact between honored brothers.

What is its origins?

The desire to create a filtering system to weed out the dishonest,drug-addicted and violent from our personal circles of friendship and to create a living network of like-minded folks.

It is now going on 11 years, and has been one hell of an experiment.

500+ members, 5 countries and enough silliness to fill your "fun bag" more then a few times.

Gangs are illegal.

Cults are not.

It is funny how a single word can turn a crime into an acceptable thing in the eyes of our law.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Luckily I've never been needed to take part in organized hierarchically structured crimes on a regular basis, but have known plenty who were naive enough to buy in. Why are you asking about this?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
Are any of you in a gang or have been in one? What gang? How did you initiate to get in? How has the gang treated you? What is the origin of the gang? How did it begin?

Oh yeah, I was in a gang once. We were a rough bunch, but they treated me very well. Our gang was started in 1984 in Green Meadow. Originally there were 12 of us. But feeling the need to strengthen our numbers, we increased our membership to 14.

For awhile we would meet on Saturday mornings in an old abandoned caboose where we would plot our next moves. There was a real feeling that what we were doing was very important, and we had a lot of wild adventures. We had a good run for about a year. But eventually the idiocy and clumsiness of our leader/founder Mongomery Moose caught up with all of us in a big way. And we were forced out of the game by a rival faction, The Wuzzles.

Oh no, wait that wasn't me. That was The Get Along Gang.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1975e7a6ecbc.jpg[/atsimg]

My mistake. I guess I haven't ever been in a gang. I'm not sure where I would find the time anyway. Preparing for the return of the Wicked One and the death of the Astral Plane pretty much takes up every spare second I have.

join