It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Keen to Open Office in EU Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Freemasons Keen to Open Office in EU Capital

www.disinfo.com

A French freemason has said that part of the movement is keen to open a bureau in Brussels to lobby against the rising influence of religious organisations in the EU institutions.

“The masonic orders should practice politics in the positive sense of the term: So that despite their own partisan divisions, they speak out on the side of secularism and voice their disagreement with this or that governmental or European decision,” Jean-Michel Quillardet, the former Grand Master of the Grand Orient de France, told Belgian daily Le Soir in an interview out on Wednesday (17 February).

“It
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
euobserver.com

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Its is interesting that a secret society should seek to be so publicly political. I have to agree with the sentiments expressed in the article that are pro-secularism. It sounds like they are worried about an increasing degree of influence from religion in Europe - which is odd in itself since I hadnt thought of Europe as particularily religious.

www.disinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
already posted here.

There are different masonic groups. The biggest group that exists doesn't recognize the GOF and doesn't discuss religion of politics in the lodge.

Just offering a bit of information.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
already posted here.

There are different masonic groups. The biggest group that exists doesn't recognize the GOF and doesn't discuss religion of politics in the lodge.

Interesting term:"the religion of politics"...

I'm going to digest that little morsel!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This part is interesting,

"It is necessary to impose the universal idea of the Enlightenment, which consists of the notion that people are citizens and European citizens before being Jewish, black, Maghreb, homosexual, heterosexual."

It is a little hard to put that quote into it's context, how do you impose a universal idea if it's already universal? a cart before the horse sort of statement, maybe. Perhaps new thinking from mainstream religion, like the current Pope's ideas on extra-terrestrials is stealing their thunder, and perhaps making them feel sidelined about something they feel they know more about. Intellectual sharing from a, (almost) secret society?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Originally posted by network dude
already posted here.

Interesting term:"the religion of politics"...

I'm going to digest that little morsel!

or.

I are not a good speler.

Sorry. But since you mentioned it, that does have a sinister connotation.

new topics

top topics

join