It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Interview on CNBC - Monday Morning - "Where Is The Proof?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This thread is mostly about the second(Part 2) super duper AWESOME video!

Part 1:

Part 2 - WOW

Before talking about Part 2 what do you guys think about "instead of bailout out bad assets and proping up a bad system we could have cancelled the income tax for 2 or 3 years and let the people decide which assets they wanted".

Imagine... common sense?
Thoughts?

Anyhow, the real reason I posted this is because of the awesomeness of the second video, though these idiots tried to make Ron Paul seem dumb about his views on Iran they fell flat on their faces. So much that when they realized they were idiots the oriental guy said "I wish we had more time"

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who cares what this old coot has to say.

His ideas are stupid. He is a Luciferian, err Libertarian, which means Republicanism without a heart or morals, legalize drugs, make abortion laws like traffic laws, and turn the perverts loose to do whatever they want.

Ron Paul told the world in the presidential debates that 9/11 was definitely NOT an inside job and that if his supporters (you know, the young Truthers who sent him their rent checks to help him run for president because they trusted Alex Jones?) -- that if his supporters really cared about him they would not say such a thing.

What has this man ever said or done that was interesting or important? He was sponsored by Alex Jones and AJ's listeners, and otherwise he would not have gotten off first base.

Ron Paul is a fraud, a nothing, he could not run his car through a car wash, let alone run for president. We already saw how he ran in 2008, quit one day before the second round of primaries, took all the money and went to Texas to run for Congress. He had the nerve to beg his supporters to give him money to run for Congress because poor man had no war chest. Doesn't it make you want to cry?

The guy is a pervert, a fraud, an Illuminati frontman, and why anybody takes this old coot seriously I do not know. His campaign director died of AIDS, his campaign headquarters were staffed with queens and cross dressers, and he is a pervert himself. Who can stand to listen to him speak anyway? His voice is 100 times worse than Bill Clinton's, and that was bad enough.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just the Truth

Well..... YOU
You just posted 6 paragraphs!

His ideas are stupid. He is a Luciferian, err Libertarian, which means Republicanism without a heart or morals, legalize drugs, make abortion laws like traffic laws, and turn the perverts loose to do whatever they want.

The above makes ZERO sense.
Libertarian just means personal responsibility/freedom.
That's luciferian?
Really?

Legalize drugs?
No? You want to continue having kids have easier access to drugs than a cigarette or alcohol? See if it's legal it's harder to get for minors.

Ron Paul told the world in the presidential debates that 9/11 was definitely NOT an inside job and that if his supporters (you know, the young Truthers who sent him their rent checks to help him run for president because they trusted Alex Jones?) -- that if his supporters really cared about him they would not say such a thing.

Once Fox News showed a clip of Ron Paul talking about the JFK murder, he said he didn't completely believe the official story and Fox News tried their best to discredit him and call him a conspiracy nut.
Later... he adapted.

What has this man ever said or done that was interesting or important? He was sponsored by Alex Jones and AJ's listeners, and otherwise he would not have gotten off first base..

Alex Jones is an idiot!
And Ron Paul was on the AJ show after he gained alot of popularity.
I know because I always opposed him being on that stupid show.

The guy is a pervert, a fraud, an Illuminati frontman, and why anybody takes this old coot seriously I do not know. His campaign director died of AIDS, his campaign headquarters were staffed with queens and cross dressers, and he is a pervert himself. Who can stand to listen to him speak anyway? His voice is 100 times worse than Bill Clinton's, and that was bad enough.

How is he a pervert?
Because of his staff??????
Staff of queens and cross dressers??????

Do you remember him getting angry at Bruno and storming out calling him a queer?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Just the Truth

I seriously hope that you have some good sources to back your rediculous claims. What you have just spewed is utter nonsence. You cannot just throw opinion out as fact on this site.
If you think this man is a illuminati front man then why has he not been put in as president?

Edit to say: I and many many others care what this old coot has to say simply because as of late he seems to be the only voice of reason and intelligence in a sea if hypocrisy. This man is the only person who has not faultered on his stances, and when he is challenged he does not resort to miniscule nit picking he actually presents his case with intelligence and fortitude.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by SpaDe_]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Pretty amusing post considering you registered on ATS just yesterday. So which stink bomb politician do you represent? Dick Cheney?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The AJ show really hurt his credibility. I think he has some great views, a common sense approach, and the moral rectitude to send Dems and Republicans scrambling for cover! There is no dirt or leverage they can use against this guy, except that the truth he speaks is marginalized and called Conspiracy!

His Re"love"ution signs and his AJ show appearances and his general lack of common political campaign efforts sometimes disappoint me and make me think he has no real intention of winning the Whitehouse.

If he did have a real ambition to be president, he could be calling out Palin and Cheney and Obama and Pelosi and DHS and all the rest of the political establishment, and he could align with the "Real" Tea Partiers in the communities, and he could distance himself from Fringe groups and Nutjob Net-Jockies, and he might actually win the thing!!

I wonder if he needs a campaign manager?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The good thing about America is you dont have to agree with eveyone all the time.... With that being said, really wheres the evidence or proof???

Will reserve my comments on the video after I am able to watch it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

. He is a Luciferian, err Libertarian, which means Republicanism without a heart or morals,

Actually, your quickly winning this liberal over to be a Ron Paul supporter.

The biggest issue I have with conservatives are the social aspects...keep your fingers out of my moral decisions, I can decide this stuff for myself and keep my own family safe, thank you.

If this guy is a fiscal conservative and socially neutral (let the people decide), then I may have a real serious look at him...

My only issue with all of this is the environment...individually we are powerless, but if this bloom technology that is spoken about does come out, that problem may end up fixing itself also...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Pretty amusing post considering you registered on ATS just yesterday. So which stink bomb politician do you represent? Dick Cheney?

Political trolls already...was figuring a few more months before the spokespeople hit the net to spread the disinfo.

good eye...and oh, btw, just the truth, keep up the good work, your making the reasonable mindsets go check out this paul guy (actually, he probably works for RP...reverse psychology)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To stay on track . Absolutely brilliant. 2nd part made my day . Thank you for sharing

"well they are building the nuke" . His reaction was priceless .. " and what can they really do to us?" . The reporters were totally clueless i might add. They attempted to bash him yet again . No matter where he goes , they just throw a punch and as always Ron Paul pulls them back in the "battlefield" and shuts them up with even more sense , more than they ever had. And as always when he starts talking too much , commercial break must follow

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Before talking about Part 2 what do you guys think about "instead of bailout out bad assets and proping up a bad system we could have cancelled the income tax for 2 or 3 years and let the people decide which assets they wanted".

this is a great idea, but if you present this to people, i think they'd flip out. People are dumb enough to actually believe that the income tax is needed. Well, actually maybe it is. Like all government programs it employs a lot of people. Isn't that what democrats do? Come up with government programs so that people can have jobs since this country is too lazy and rich to go out and produce anything to sell?

the oriental guy

normally I'm not a stickler for PCness, and normally you post some pretty smart stuff on ATS, but come on....oriental guy? You must be older than Ron Paul if yer still using that term.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Heh... God forbid we should have someone in politics speaking common sense. I was a Libertarian for many years until they nominated Bob Barr last election cycle. Barr was one of the Republicans who sent the hounds after Clinton for his sexual indiscretions. This nomination from the Party whose slogan for many years was "keep government out of my bedroom". They asked Paul first, he declined to run for their party again, as he still had hopes on the GOP nomination. I ended up voting for Obama just as a reactionary vote against the Bush/Cheney crime syndicate. If there is one thing the last election cycle taught me, it is this: It doesn't matter who is in office as President. As many of you have told me here for years, the President is really nothing more than a figurehead without the support of Congress. Sorry, I have wandered off the point here somewhat. Paul is a good man who actually speaks common sense. This does not work well for politicians, for even if they do get elected, they quickly face opposition from the status quo. I find it quite amusing that the party that almost totally killed the filibuster in the Senate (remember "Nuclear Option"?) is now using the filibuster to stop 80% of legislation from going forward. As much as I like Paul and agree with most of his viewpoints, the status quo in Washington would make him even less effective than Obama should he actually win the Presidency. Just my educated guess based on what is currently happening.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Even a promising group like the first Tea Party members had a good idea: Let's talk about why the government taxes us so much and gives it to the disorganized among us instead of rewarding productive members of society. Further, let's take some of the language from the Constitution and look at it with fresh eyes. Any document gets a bit blurred after two hundred some odd years.

I feel Ron Paul would be the best candidate for the job of President, not only because of what he would do, but because of what he would not do. If he truly held to his ideals (which are much more specific than platform-speak we get from other candidates), he would:

Cut the military's budget by at least half - not because he's a wimp, but so that our military operations would follow policy and become more streamlined & efficient.
Decentralize the executive office such that government would be allowed to flow as intended.
Stress the importance of states & local municipalities being left to run smaller groups of people as needed. This is much easier to manage and it's much easier to agree on things in smaller, more homogenous groups.

Paul would likely not state the last point as his own belief. But by definition, decentralizing authority at the federal level leads to states & smaller authorities exerting more power. Not more power to control smaller masses, but rather empowering smaller groups of people to implement more specific sets of values.

Platitudes have become more important than a goal. Freedom has become a goal in itself, and people celebrate that goal. Ron Paul himself can be more specific on the issue and frequently is on his own blog, much moreso than any of his supporters. He'd be a fool to alienate the people supporting him, however, by bothering them with specifics.

But at least Paul would decentralize authority and allow government to flow more organically. he is a bit too strict a Constitutionalist and is very careful to not state anything about his personal beliefs on society's values. As President it wouldn't be his job to impose those values on anyone (in his view). This is concerning for, say, people who want to see nature and the environment stop playing second fiddle to humanity's endless expansion and consumption. The Constitution doesn't mention that, so strict constitutionalism doesn't address some very pressing modern concerns.

So then, what about those who want to be "free" from humanity's wasteful & destructive habits? Freedom simply has too many meanings to be a goal in itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I suspect you're pissed off that Ron Paul publicly shot down the truther movement and this offended you, somehow, so now you're throwing a big tantrum.

If that's not the case, then just remember this: I seriously doubt you have ever supported a politician and agreed with ALL of his/her political ideals. At this point, I favor Ron Paul for 2012 because I think he's a hell of a lot better than what we have in office right now and I don't trust Sarah Palin. But I don't support all of Ron Paul's ideas.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

What perverts would you be referring to?

Nothing in the Constitution authorizes the government to dictate what people can or cant put into their own body, hence all drug laws are unconstitutional.

You sound like you would prefer to live in Afghanistan, perhaps if the taliban believed in the same invisible guy you do, would that be more to your liking?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's so sad to see that our country is so divided.

Liberty can't even unite the people. Very sad, indeed.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Emails of this video and one like it need to be sent around under the title MUST WATCH. Because its the only way his views will be spread fairly. If we leave it to MSM they will either ignore him or twist the truth to try to make him look bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I consider myself a far-left libertarian. Libertarianism has absolutely nothing to do with republican or democrat. It is about stopping authoritarianism, which is the single largest plague on governments worldwide.

I could suggest weeks of reading material, but why even bother?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibblin

I couldn't agree more... Of course, there is one man to blame for the division in the American Public. And he once said "I'm a uniter, not a divider". Turned out to be the biggest misstatement ever made in contemporary politics... Take a bow, dubya... You criminal, you.

top topics

join