It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you block a camera from working

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A bullet through the camera should do the job.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but perhaps you can build an array of infrared LED's and use some reflective tape to do the job.
Infrared signals, though not visible by the human eye, can actually be picked up by analog and digital video cameras.

I've seen some hacks from people constructing projects using infrared LED's and placing these on the rear license plate, basically overexposing the image of the plates and keeping them from being read by the traffic cams.

Thanks for the info, I tried first by pointing a regular remote control at the camera, and I got a pic of the bright white light, (as you stated if you look at the lens, you do not see the light but the camera does), I had to place the remoe really close to the lens to get it to blot out the pic, I guess if I placed some high output ir leds it would work (not for ANY of the purposes that have been mentioned) so will look into that.
Thanks again for the info.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yup,

We all know that if you take an ordinary Christmas tree, and string a lot of little lights on it, the tree then becomes completely invisible.

Switch the lights off, you can plainly see a tree.
Switch the lights on, the tree disappears completely.

Sure it does...............

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
if you just want to mess with the cameras hair spray or oil spray will blur the images.

i get a laugh out of the UK and there bomb proof speed cameras.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

even in the US few people blow up speed cameras just because the got a ticket.

but i have seen a truck blowing a spray of oil on a speed camera box and red light camera boxes.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZenaV
Criminals are always looking for ways to commit crimes. They get smarter the technology has to grow. The bigger it grows the smarter they get. It's always been this way for them to learn how to disable the law and steal. This sounds no different. You want to stop cams on the road? Then fight like a man with other men to protest your rights being violated and taken away. Or you got no respect AND no rights!

Most CCTV privacy activists have nothing against speed cameras or toll gate cameras (here is trouble with fact that you leave track of your trip in some obscure and often misused database about which there is no public control). Also CCTV on private properties is not big concern (sometimes are misused at workplace). They (as me) see problem in "security" cameras in public spaces. It was proven even by London officials that density of CCTV cameras have no substantial impact on clear-up rates. Source
So why are cameras spreading like virus?
a) It is good for camera manufactures
b) Governors/police want to have control over population for other reasons than clear-up street crimes
c) Governors/police are stupid and corrupted
Especially in UK have peaceful activism against CCTV long tradition but with no effect on growing number of cameras. If government officials do not listen to concerns of citizens is it really strange that many turn to "vandalism"?

EDIT: grammar and add "(here is trouble with fact ... )"

[edit on 23-2-2010 by zeddissad]

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Simple counter surv tactics are hard to come by and thats no coincidence. the powers that be don't want anybody that could even Potentially be anti-NWO to have methods of circumventing control.

the majority of answers here are ridiculous and impractical, but thats to be expected as a result of certain types of information not reaching the public domain.

I think the author is legitimate in his ventures.

here's a more specific question though- if you had a spy cam, wired or wireless whichever, hidden in your home against your consent.. and you didnt know where it was hidden.. what methods are available to either detect its location or destroy it without needing to spend money on jammers and scanners??

some of the methods cant be applied when you don't know the location of the camera, though the infrared LED's producing a white dot sounds reasonably promising.

are there any other devices such as magnets or what have you that can retard the camera permanently or temporarilly?

look at this scenario from the point of view that he's either trying to stay on top of counter-surv techniques, or actually trying to protect his privacy ASSUMING he's been infiltrated already. nobody wants to spend money for a hypothetical scenario, so it would help us all greatly in the long run to discuss techniques that support an individual's rights to privacy. the threat in regards to public cameras cant be controlled, but you can dictate and devise other ways to prevent exposure to it, however, in residential zones, specifically areas you have jurisdiction over and must occupy, it is important to track different ways to protect your privacy, preferably as quick as possible and without involving yourself in consequential circumstances, like being charged for vandalism etc.

can anybody suggest ways to detect or retard the electronics when you dont know the location of the spycam??

so far i like the IR LEDs option, and the cordless phone option which works by hearing the signal interferance within radius. flip the fone upsidedown up to your ear or better still, put it on loud speaker at highest volume- the more power running through the fone the louder the inferferance.

ty for your inputs.
edit on 10-2-2011 by hazchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84aa81a273ed.jpg[/atsimg]

OK that! that is a monster of a camera, what are they playing at?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In short, they want one government, one bank, one military for the world. they've been doing this for decades though the evidence dates back hundreds upon hundreds of years.

believe me when i say, you cannot begin to comprehend what and who is really in power. over 50 levels of security clearance above the president.. you don't even see them because they are the puppet masters pulling the strings on brainwashed people ruled by money, they are given wealth and care not about the demands and advances they make. They do not want your money from speeding fines, thats just a bonus to help you stay distracted from the real truth. they want to scan the chips in your vehicles, and soon under your skin.. they want to track you everywhere you go because you are an asset to their existence. they create fear and doubt in people, and they feed off this.

they seek to rule everything in your life, and the last move on the chessboard is a microchipped population, the chip is hooked up to an evolving internet, except it is you that is connected to it. all forms of currency will be removed, and it will soon be numbers on screen only- a computer will decide whether you can eat. if for any reason you step out of line, they shutdown the chip and you are screwed because all of your information and freedoms are merged into this chip. you can't run. you can't hide. we will soon be bred purely as slaves to build. up until this point, the circulation of physical currency has masked the fact you are being controlled. slowly slowly, without you realizing it and indeed with your very consent via your inactivity to recognize their slow advances, you vote for the people that do this for you. you live your life blind and care not about noble causes that will be remembered throughout history..

but there is good news. we have backup.

you see, of course forces exist outside of your eye's ability to see, your eye is just a lense.. it is the brain that sees.. and the force has great power and it seeks control of your life because it cannot exist without you. evil has been cornered and trapped on one place, we live on that place, yes of course we are already in hell there's nothing peaceful, euphoric or everlasting about it except when we live through the divine to see love even in impossible places. My friend these entities are desperate for survival because this is the last stand. its do or die and they are cunning enough to convince YOU and ME to do things for them so karma can be evaded. But they will be dealt with.

Because we win in the end.

Banking system collapse marks the begining of the golden age, the age of aquarius, the age of revelation and great truth.

I'll give you a hint... the brain is not just a cpu that controls the body... it is a reciever of energies seen and unseen that flow everywhere in the universe.. your brain is the most advanced piece of equipment that exists in the solar sytem. and through the course of history, humans lost the manual. we forgot who we are. like you ever so desperately try to remember a dream from the night before but it is difficult, most times you do not know you've even had a dream... and in your dream you have no idea you are sleeping.. some special people that choose the path of the spirit will, and in that glimpse, in that moment of self-awareness, you realize you are the creator of everything. you realize you are supernatural, limitless and immortal.

My advice to you, ask great questions in life.. ask these of yourself and of others and do not stop until you find them for it seeks to find you too. and when it does, its game over, the mission is over, and you are introduced to yourself... god realized after many many many reincarnations and lifetimes of experience... the game was to find out who you already were.
you are waking up. and it is by no coincidence that we cross paths.

You're god. scientifically proven. and i can prove this to you anytime in anyway you wish. i already have in a very gentle way but your cognitive mind insists on belief systems taught to it over a long period of time... remember, seeing is not believing... believing is seeing.

you asked the first question.. what are they playing at... and i told you the game. you are the game. you are the rules and you are the pieces and the dice and the board itself. be patient, have an open mind.. remember the future there is more to come, take notice of your thoughts more often and look within.

do not let them win.

say no to the microchip.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
reply to post by NetStorm

Place a piece of paper in front of it.

ROFL! now that is a good answer!

reading the comments on this thread makes me think of hollywood movies.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by ANNED

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84aa81a273ed.jpg[/atsimg]

OK that! that is a monster of a camera, what are they playing at?

yeah theres an easy solution to that... black spraypaint

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

IR lights around a license plate might work if they could be directed at the appropriate angle. I'm working on a model now. The other unit is a polymer dispersed liquid crystal film. Try ghostplate dot com. I've had one for 3 years and it works in -40 to +30 degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join