It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange attraction to Niagara Falls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it an attraction but I had visited the area as part of my job and it was one of the creepiest places I have ever visited.

This was years ago but I'll always remember it. One of the companies I was visiting had the adjacent property taken over by the Federal government. The military was out there on the property doing something. I never confirmed it but someone said a very rare gag order on what happened during litigation was issued.

It just felt very creepy. When I would leave the almost too nice security guard would watch to make sure I left the property.

BTW: Here's a few more facts, Tesla was fascinated with the falls, the atomic bomb was developed/tested in that area - also the Fatima shrine and Love canal.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Praxilla, pleased to make your acquaintance. I see no reason for your shyness. This is an excellent thread. I suspect the flow of water itself
as it tumbles over the falls has this drawing effect on a lot of people.
My sister used to feel "a need to jump" when she stood near the edge
of anything that was very high up. She can't go near the edge of anything.
She says she feels beckoned and the closer to the edge she gets the more she leans forward. This sounds like two birds of the same feather to me.

Very well written thread. SNF

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Ah it reminds me of the first time I went over the falls in a Barrel. That was fun but not near as exhilarating as it was crossing them on a tightrope during a Nor’easter!

Of course like most of us I would often hide out in the caves behind the falls when ever the Indian scalping parties were our on the warpath.

Yes I have a lot of fond memories of the Niagara Falls but probably none fonder than the first time I rowed up the falls paddling my birch bark canoe like no tomorrow!

Of course most people remember me for my breathtaking Mexican Acapulco style swan dive from the top. Though a lot of people busted my chops about the rubber duckie inter-tube I honestly think I would have died without it!

I love the Falls!

C'mon man, nobodys gonna believe all that stuff. Indians up there died out a long time ago.

Good heavens man! Are you actually accusing someone on the Internet of not being entirely honest!

Well I suppose there is a first for everything!

But riddle me this Batman if there are really no Indians up there why do they sell rubber tomahawks and Indian Headdresses at the gift shop?

Huh? Huh?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Anywhere that there is water currently breaking there are more negative ions than positive ions in the air.

For example, cities have a very low ratio of negative to positive, therefore people are just naturally crabby(not to mention that it is an unnatural environment to the human species, IMO).

The human body naturally heals better and works better in these environments, hence the ocean being a very calming/psychologically pleasing environment. Also think of air cleaners with ion generators in them. I know they are used in submarines to keep people alert and happy.

Niagara Falls has one of the highest negative/positive ion ratio in the world. It might even be number one. Don't quote me on that though, I'm sure you could find something to back up what I'm saying.

Ok here just found a quick little quote:

'where the negative ion count exceeds 100,000 per cubic centimeter, is the most stupendous negative ion generator in the world'

It's a wonderful spot for sure. Hopefully that will give you something to think about.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

No you are not the only one for some time it was the place my lady and I would go to take a break from life not vacation but a few day up around there breathing in the midst and hanging around the area entertainment places. It does possess a strong energy but a positive one.
S&F for bringing back fun memories nice.

[edit on 2/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

Hiya Praxilla, I'll always associate the Falls with the magic of the 19th Century. As a young boy, I read a book with a pink cover about weird and wonderful places and people. In this book was a chapter about the Great Blondin and his outstanding feats of skilful stupidity. From then, when I think of Niagara, I see tightrope walkers, Victorian fashions and hear the echoes of French accordion players.

Image of the Great Blondin above Niagara Falls

19th Century eye candy and the barrel used to go over the Falls

Images from "Daredevils of Niagara Falls"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join