It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Thougts on 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

2012 is like a bunch of stinky cheese rotting outside in the alley. Whatever happened to Y2K?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just wanted to make sure I kept track of this thread. Most are on the same track will be interesting to see what comes next.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugstomper
reply to post by Raud

2012 is like a bunch of stinky cheese rotting outside in the alley. Whatever happened to Y2K?
Ya know it really bothers me to the core when someone like yourself comes on here and blurts out something uneducated like you just did. At least do SOME research into what you are trying to compare. Jeez....

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Now I've done some thinking and finally I have something to reply to you, dear BiaD

2012 or not, Mayan prophecy or not, this is not the issue. I just found that it coincides with the "happenings" of mankind throughout history.

One doesn't have to be interested in those things, what really matters is:
Do you agree that we as a species soon will have litreally destroyed this planet Earth, our only home?

If you do agree, doesn't shaping up and doing all we can to fix it now, not later, sound like a jolly good idea?

Those two questions are way more important than whether one believes the Mayan calendar holds the "truth" or not.

There, that was my reply!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I would also like to put out a general reply:

Look at history. And look at it in a proper book, written by a proper institution and not some website that's been "speaking the truth since 20-something". If you pace through the ages, from the birth of man, you will come to one very clear conclusion: we brought this mess upon ourselves.

And as good BiaD said, maybe we shouldn't even care about a prophetic calendar that was created by a civilization that caused its own demise. But, what about this: maybe the Mayans saw, through their own way of life, what mankind as a whole was in for. Maybe, by some deep, deep thinking, on a both scientific and philosophical level, they could somehow "calculate" how many "advanced civilizations" the planet could keep before it was depleted?
Respect or disregard the calendar, it is as you all wish, but (again), the calendar is real, it's solid. We know of it, there are pictures of it. Other claims for what is due 2012 are mostly just taken out of thin air.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Even if a pole shift doesn't occur by the passing of some celestial body from space, there are things on this earth that need to be considered...
Peak oil, food shortage, the united states already quickly becoming a 3rd world nation, the tension between nations that escalates the tension prior to world war 2 by about 10x, the dangerous experiments that science is making going back too the mistakes made during the Atlantian times.
The magnetic north is moving at pace of 40 km a year now, 20x faster then earth's plates.
news.nationalgeographic.com...
and all of this without the possibility of what could be happening with our sun and whats happening elsewhere in space.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are many changes that are coming but the root is always you, changing yourself into that positive being you want to be. Creating that positive mindspace. I have also had those feelings of a prepatory nature but more recently have been acting on them. And this action has created a small place of peace in my heart that can't be touched. For the first time in my life I feel truly alive and not guided by reason and fear alone, but by an underlying conciousness of universal love. I am more trusting of my instincts, mysterys that once confounded me seem to unravel quite uniquely under analysis, and thosepieces to the puzzle are appearing and filling in the gaps. This ascension is something I have been working toward my whole life and the old ways seem to have less and less influnce on my mindstate. I see the reality of this illusion for what it is and the agreements I made in order to bring it about, and all that is changing as my attachment to this world fades. I believe 2012 will be a turning points the proverbial line in the sand after which positive energy will multiply and a new era will dawn.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
IMHO it seems that many people want to believe "2012" will be some kind of positive event. Which is completely understandable considering how most people in popular society like to focus on all positive things and do not want to even hear or talk about anything negative.I am 18 and it seems that all my peers around me and even me at one point refused to believe that anything that is so called "bad" could happen. As an example when I was in high school my teacher brought up the topic of possibly there being cures for things but do to certain underlying circumstances they will probably never be released.I would have to say everyone of my classmates where saying that she was wrong and that they would help people if they did have some kind of a remedy that cured aids or cancer or other types of diseases that are deemed incurable today. Everyone started bringing up god and the government wouldnt let them do that(all BS). I used this as an example because it pisses me off how ignorant and closed minded popular society is. I hate to say this but I do not know that God exists, no one person on this earth today has actually seen Jesus or God in front of them physically. My theory on something like this is that there may have been someone or something that came to this planet along time ago and did have some form of powers that "mankind did not have". So yes maybe because of the people who where living back then considered this person to be some form of messiah or whatever you would like to call it. People are so brainwashed it amazes me, and at the same time it is scary. Back to 2012, I saw someone post what happen to Y2k, I am not sure if you know but that was a media generated hyped story, no ancient prophecy or ancient people hhad given us any notion that anything was going to happen. However I will say this look what has happened to the world since 2000 everything is going to sh** IMHO once again. Are people really that scared to open there minds a little bit and think. Like I say to a couple of people I know. I want to see the faces on people if they ever do find that God is not real and never existed, and the bible is a man made piece of literature that was also used in part of the brainwashing. Deep down inside I want people to start crying and losing all hope if something like this ever did come to surface.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My thoughts on 2012.

For my own personal concern is, if this does come
to pass, if the existence of the human race is snuffed
out because of a pre-destined rule, then is that it for me?

No BIAD?... how can that be?
Will I eternally walk the 'other-side' dressed like this?
Will I be just something as tangible as smoke? a wraith
that merely pouts and preens in the great unknown.

It's a worrying thought.

Let's hope that the ones that came before us got it wrong
and it's all just some Mayan's school kid prank.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
BUMP!

Just wanted to add;

Starting today, the 27th of March 2010, we are entering the 1000-days countdown to 21:st of December 2012!

1000 days to go people!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join