It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatricians call for a choke-proof hot dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as a "choke proof" food of any kind?

People can choke on a pea...or even water.

What happened to survival of the fittest and natural selection anyway???

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Very astute of you. You just made me realize that the very act of eating is dangerous for us and so we should just make a law against it or tax the living hell out of it to the point nobody can afford to buy this class of dangerous death products known as food.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This particular issue is actually important, children choke to death on them every year, and its heart breaking. Would you like to witness this happening your 5 year old son? By the way, I don't think the design is unintentional either. They really are psychos, our world mismanagement team. And they know children like hotdogs. And they know most parents are under paid, and overworked.

I hope they ban this design. I spent years cutting them up.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Natural Selection is a point that a few of us have made, although I am getting the idea that not many in today's society believe in it.

I really do wish that all of these people that are hell-bent on a Nanny-State would just move to one, and let America keep some of the last few freedoms that we have. This is the only America, afterall. Why turn it into another nanny-state, when some of those already exist?(not naming names, here)

We cannot let Government regulate every aspect of our lives, like some would suggest. Look at what Gov't regulations have already done so far to small business. Now there are so many regulations, fees, and loop-holes that an aspiring family cannot make a local business and thrive anymore. It's true, they are closing down where I am, unable to compete with places like Wal-Mart.

I cannot even imagine if we gave government EVEN MORE control to tell us what we cannot eat, what we can, and how we can.... This sincerely scares me. They break everything they ever come into control of.
What of our health, do we really want that even more in their hands?

Point me and most posters seem to agree with, leave hot dogs alone....

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That reminds me. A Nathans Polish Sausage on a nice moist bun with mustard and sweet relish is just about the best thing on earth. That is what I'm having for lunch tomorrow. This is great for the hot dog industry.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but the food police invoke more laughter than any other radical group on the planet. Second only to the cow flatulence patrol.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

How can you make a hot dog choke-proof?? Or any food for that matter?

Could slice the sausages into smaller pieces so it can't be swallowed whole.... with labels stating "warning, you may die if you eat too quickly".

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Why oh why don't we require licensces for parents???!!!!!
reply to post by calstorm

My rant about licensce was just that.... a sarcastic rant.

I would not advicate this, its impractical and who's to decide who makes a good parent?

I just get aggravated at some parents who seem surprised when raising children turns out to be difficult.

Whenever I feed my son a hot dog, or chicken, or ANYTHING, I cut it up into tiny pieces. As he's gotten older, I've made the pieces bigger.

Simple solution, takes about 1 minute of my time.....and problem mostly solved (I do agree you have to stay nearby in case they choke).

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Bologna is basically a flat hot dog so next time a parent decides to make hot dogs they can just fry up some thick cut Bologna. They are pretty good.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This particular issue is actually important, children choke to death on them every year, and its heart breaking. Would you like to witness this happening your 5 year old son? By the way, I don't think the design is unintentional either. They really are psychos, our world mismanagement team. And they know children like hotdogs. And they know most parents are under paid, and overworked.

I hope they ban this design. I spent years cutting them up.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Unity_99]

Really do you think the hot dog design is made to kill children? The hot dog can trace its origins to 1480. So I don't really think it was designed with the intent to kill kids 500 years later. In America the hot dog goes back to roughly 1870. Definitely not a time when all parents were over worked and under paid. I doubt they put sausage on a roll because they wanted to kill kidds 100 years later.

You are right though we should simply ban an iconic and historic food because you hated cutting them up.

Edit to remove mean wording

[edit on 23-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Who is regulating? Someone is just offering a new hot dog shape. I thought that was what capitalism is all about?

And, guess what? Children choke whether you are sitting there with them or not. A parent sitting there starting at them doesn't prevent them choking.

You don't like the different shaped hot dog, don't eat it.

Sounds to me like some people can't handle change.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It just about kills me when I see parents giving a toddler whole hot dogs, popcorn, grapes,hard candies and other foods known to choke little ones. How about the pediatricians who are calling for a choke proof hot dog educate these parents about dangerous foods? I'm sure there is literature out there about this, but instead of assuming a parent will read the literature, make the effort to discuss this with the parents.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Explanation: Maybe we should focus on ourselves and not on the innocent hotdog.

Instead of focusing OUTSIDE ourselves and redesigning the humble hotdog or any other food ect., how about we focus ON ourselves 1st and make ourselves chokeproof! Then regardless off inherent idiocy [or lack there of] then the problem would vanish forever!

Personal Disclosure: Any and all warning labels should read "You are already dead! Existence will convince you eventually of this fact! Don't let this [xyz] argue that point of view, with you, to the level where you agree OK!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join