It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British plane-spotters face jail in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

British plane-spotters face jail in India

www.timesonline.co.uk

Two British plane-spotters face three years in a Delhi prison after being charged with illegally intercepting communications between pilots and airport authorities..

...police had found powerful binoculars, equipment that could trace far-off aircraft including military planes and a map of the airport in their hotel room..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I just don't buy this at all.

2 Brits that don't sound of Indian origin sit in a Delhi hotel room monitoring airport activity???

Great holiday!

Any spotters on here? I just don't understand why they would choose India to do this. I can think of better cities to visit plane spotting....if I was into that.

Any thoughts?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

well they are being charged because they illegally intercepted communications. how authorities found that out, i have no clue.

the equipment is more incriminating. while they could be totally harmless, they did break a law.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Plane-spotters are real and there are thousands of them, personally I cannot understand this hobby. As a pilot I find it quite annoying people taking pictures all the time, I could never fly off somewhere for a few days with a beautiful woman for fear of some idiot taking a picture and publishing it on the Internet. Intercepting communications this is also very common, last year flying to Germany a spotter intercepted my radio communication with the Dutch military; he traced me using my call sign and wrote to me requesting details of my aircraft.

India is not an aviation friendly Country, it is probably one of the most unfriendly places in the world to fly aircraft. Even if you employ lawyers to get all the permissions, a large amount of cash is also required to bribe absolutely everyone in the airport. The plane-spotters should have known that their activities are not legal in certain countries. It is all very strange

new topics

top topics

join