It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tired - I'm Exhausted

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Once again: THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE. Take a week of your life. Document everything you do. Everything to THINK about doing. Now I can guarantee that your week is affected 100-500 times by inadequate laws, and restrictions placed upon you by society and most of all government. Therefore you have lost the freedom to choose. Well, technically you haven't, you still have it, no one can take it away - but they can punish you for it. They can control your life based on what THEY think no upon what YOU think. Each and every day these things occur to people, however, most people dismiss it as "that is just the way it is". They don't like it, but they force themselves to go against their own will and accept it.

I can't happily live with the burden. No one has the right to tell me what to do or how to live. As long as I am not hurting anybody else or infringing on their rights as human beings, then I should not have mine controlled or monitored as they are today.

Once you realize this harsh reality that you no longer control yourself, you will never - EVER, forget it. There is no way to be happy while living among the standards of another.

Again you didn't answer my question. I do everything that I want to do. The only thing that I'm told I can't do are things that I would consider immoral or wrong myself. I'm okay with society telling me I can't touch a kid, I'm okay with society telling me I can't kill my neighbor, and I'm okay with the other "100-500" times that society tells me that I can't do any number of things that, for me, morally wrong.

You keep on feeling like you've been slighted in some way, you keep on telling yourself that you're a victim and "the man" is keeping you down. Me? I'm going to be out with my girl, drinking beer, laughing with friends, getting laid, and all the while still not being oppressed. You people need to find a new hobby.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I find it pretty horrific that I am prevented by law from enforcing public order on the streets of the town hell the country I have lived in for twenty years. This is my home, all of it. Not just the home I live in, or the street I live on. Not only the town I was born and raised in, nor the county in which that town sits. Not just the south of the nation but from Lands End to John o Groats is my home. Every single sweeping dale, concrete jungle, or mountain range from one end of this nation to the other, is my home,my birthright. And yet, were I to chase down a thief and detain him in the only way I know, I would forfeit my liberty. If I kill an attacker in my own home, or in the street, my liberty is forfeit. If I ensure that criminal elements in my area are under constant threat, and fear to leave thier homes, I risk my liberty. And yet I love my country. I am forced by law, NOT to protect my homeland , NOT to protect my fellow countrymen, and forced to merely accept and ignore less desirable elements, even when they are commiting criminal acts. I ask you , is that freedom? Is that justice?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yes, it's freedom from untrained people like you getting the wrong end of the stick and killing/hurting someone who doesn't deserve it.

If you want to protect your "birthright", become a police officer. We live in civilisation for a reason - so knuckle-draggers don't get the right to beat the crap out of people.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm not sure how that pertains exactly, but I'd be happy to answer. I am against illegal immigration. I believe all illegal immigrants should be deported immediately. However, I also believe that our immigration process should be simplified and that anybody who is wanting to come to the United States should be able to do so - LEGALLY. As long as you go through the proper channels, then all men are welcome here and are equals.

Here is how it pertains to your view...it makes you hypocritical and contradictory.

You speak of FREEDOM for all people all over the world...BUT those illegal immigrants better not cross that imaginary line to feed their family.

And don't tell me it is about them following the law...I thought you were against oppressive laws???

Here is a comparison for you. Joe Stack vs Illegal Immigrant.

Joe Stack according to you: Hero and patriot for not wanting to follow the law and pay his taxes. Spent his whole life trying to cheat the system and wasn't successful. He owned a plane, owned cars, and lived in a $250K house. Decides he is being oppressed, and apparently you agree with him, so he flies his plane into a building with innocent civilians and burns down his house leaving his family homeless. Again...according to you he is a hero and patriot.

Illegal Immigrant according to you: Criminal. They are criminals for crossing an imaginary line in order to work hard labor jobs making less than half of what the job should pay for. Sends most of what they earn to feed their family and lives in poverty here just to feed their family. Most still pay taxes with a fake SSN that they will never benefit from. Again...according to you he is a criminal.

So where does your idea of freedom coincide with this? You keep saying you are for freedom for ALL PEOPLE. That ALL MEN are free. Not just people who live in the United States...you claim EVERYONE...all over the world. But yet you show hypocrisy in this one little statement...and the worst part is that YOU DON'T EVEN SEE HOW THIS PERTAINS TO ANYTHING.

Your motives are not pure...you do not speak of any type of true freedom. You are just preaching your own agenda and you are deciding who you think should follow, according to you, this corrupt governments laws.

Hero/Patriot or Criminal...Freedom or Restrictions...well I guess that depends on what side of an imaginary line you were born on.

And yes...I'm making ASSUMPTIONS. You force me to make assumptions because you aren't clear on your message.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You beat me to it, but I'll just summarize and say, "What davesidious said!!!"

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

Yes, it's freedom from untrained people like you getting the wrong end of the stick and killing/hurting someone who doesn't deserve it.

If you want to protect your "birthright", become a police officer. We live in civilisation for a reason - so knuckle-draggers don't get the right to beat the crap out of people.

First of all ,regarding training I would say that twelve years of being under constant threat of being knifed, and having to learn on the fly how to disarm and deter attackers, has left me with a more inate ability to survive and subdue a dangerous person, than many of the beat cops in my area. School was a giggle here, oh yes. I also know a violent psychopath from an innocent bystander pretty well.

Becoming a policeman would be an option, if I didnt believe that the police were an impotent institution when it comes to dealing with community crime and often ignorant or incapable of performing thier duties adequately and to the satisfaction of the public. They hamstring themselves with paperwork, and when they see fit to ignore the paperwork its always to the detriment of the public. Further more, in all but the most serious cases, they take more than twelve hours to respond to a situation . This counts for attempted break ins, vandalism, yob behaviour and things of that level of seriousness. Someone has to be in physical danger before they will act with an acceptable level of urgancy , and that is pathetic. I wouldnt join such a terrible excuse for an organisation even if I was offered a pair gold under pants and steak dinners for life.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Becoming a policeman would be an option, if I didnt believe that the police were an impotent institution when it comes to dealing with community crime and often ignorant or incapable of performing thier duties adequately and to the satisfaction of the public. They hamstring themselves with paperwork, and when they see fit to ignore the paperwork its always to the detriment of the public. Further more, in all but the most serious cases, they take more than twelve hours to respond to a situation . This counts for attempted break ins, vandalism, yob behavior and things of that level of seriousness. Someone has to be in physical danger before they will act with an acceptable level of urgancy , and that is pathetic. I wouldn't join such a terrible excuse for an organisation even if I was offered a pair gold under pants and steak dinners for life.

Well, In a lot of countries, the organization ties themselves up with the paperwork, that is demanded to prove that they acted accordingly. (Well that is how it is supposed to work)

For some reason, the gov't cuts and cuts and cuts funding etc, tying the hands of the officers actually out trying to do the job they love. This causes them to fall behind and then having to organize calls into "levels of urgency".

While most people join up for a noble cause, the red tape in every facet can really dampen the "go getters". haha. I mean it is sad, when you arrest someone and process them, spend 2 hrs on the paperwork and their lawyer has them right back on the street before you finish your mandatory paperwork. The organization is flawed, but it seems there isn't a way to please everyone.

A lot of things are flawed, and a lot of people know it. They just don't want it to be pointed out to them all the time. That is where the OP is getting tired, or as I am to understand what he is saying.

He is screaming "OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!!"...but a lot the people are intentionally closing their eyes, plugging their ears and "la la la la la ..ing".

...because they know. They just want to go on with the life they have, because currently, it isn't from the inside of a cage.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I understand the root causes of the failings of the police force, and I am aware that those failings are rarely caused by the force itself. However I am saying that since the forces in this nation are so thoroughly pathetic in the main, that some leeway ought to be given to people who cant stand watching filth flourish in darkness, even the odds a little .

Where your comments about the OPs attitude come in, I understand entirely how he feels. The problem with people keeping thier eyes shut, is that it is socialy irresponsible for them to do so and no matter where you live, its a bloody unpatriotic thing to do . Its the shirking of thier civic responsibility , and ultimately the people who shut thier eyes are the ONLY reason that the evils in their midst arent seen and eradicated. In a land where every eye is shut, there are no snipers to put it bluntly

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Haha, nicely said. And I agree for the most part. I do think that calling someone who just wants to live as the system allows "unpatriotic" is a little harsh. But I don't really think that is what you meant either. I just wanted to touch on that, before someone else may interpret it that way.

Don't close your eyes to the evil, for sure. But there are sooo many levels and interpretations of "evil". That needs to be sorted out for sure as well.

But yeah. Anyways. Same page. Always a good place to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You speak of FREEDOM for all people all over the world...BUT those illegal immigrants better not cross that imaginary line to feed their family.

Did I NOT say that they can gladly cross that "imaginary line" in a legal matter? Did I NOT say that the immigration system needs to be "simplified" thus stating my opposition to the current system? If someone wants to "cross this imaginary line" to feed their family, then they are allowed to do it. No freedom is being blocked here in my method - there is simply the implementation of ORDER over CHAOS, because if everyone that lived in the United States was unchecked and undocumented, society itself would fall apart within weeks.

And don't tell me it is about them following the law...I thought you were against oppressive laws???

Yes, I am against OPPRESSIVE laws, however, I am not so naive to question ALL laws as oppressive. The United States is based on law.

Here is a comparison for you. Joe Stack vs Illegal Immigrant.

Here once again is where you make assumptions and don't read what I type. Don't worry, I'll get to your comment about necessary assumptions in a minute.

Joe Stack is a hero, in my eyes, not because of what he did, but because of his message and the fact that is sacrificed himself to spread that. Never did I say "YAY Joe, congrats on trying to kill innocent people, they deserved it!" I DON'T condone the method that Joseph Stack used to convey his message as his "target" should have been chosen more appropriately. Allow me to make this perfectly clear - I DO condone the blowing up of public structure in order to make a point. It is a symbol in the eyes of the people and it goes noticed. I DO NOT condone the killing of unassociated people while trying to make that point. You're assumptions lead you to believe this, ONCE AGAIN.

And illegal immigration is NOT a criminal act according to me. I'd challenge you once again to find where I said that, but you would fail once again as you have to my last THREE challenges I've laid down to show evidence of what you THINK I said.

I said illegal immigrants should be deported. This is not a criminal punishment. This is a natural thing to maintain order. If they really want to be a citizen they will go through the popular immigration channels and they will be granted that citizenship. At least in my ideal society, immigration wouldn't be a matter of pick and choose or indefinite waiting, it would be a simple process and equal for all.

So where does your idea of freedom coincide with this?

It is quite obvious, you just choose to ignore this. Allow me to adjust my statement so that you understand, I promote FREEDOM within ORDER. Without order, there is chaos, and within chaos, there is war, violence, and a number of unpredictables.

YOU DON'T EVEN SEE HOW THIS PERTAINS TO ANYTHING.

I see how it pertains to you, trying to find holes in every side of my logic and ideology, yet failing each time because you are grasping at assumptions to base your beliefs off of.

And yes...I'm making ASSUMPTIONS. You force me to make assumptions because you aren't clear on your message.

I believe it is tremendously clear, that except for 2-3 people in this topic, my message has been perfectly clear. You are obviously in the minority of this situation because you are trying to find anything you can to prove me wrong - the problem is, I'm not even trying to sell anything to anybody in this topic - yet you would believe that I am and feel offended by that.

You have ONCE AGAIN turned this topic away from the actual topic, and have tried to attack my credibility and my beliefs in order to discredit me. This is probably the fourth time your have done so.

I kindly ask that you give up and accept the fact that I don't mean harm to anyone and truly do promote freedom and liberty for all men, all around the world, and yet I am limited for now to the borders of these states. I will continue to do what I can to promote that and nothing you or anyone says or does to try to break me will change that.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Intresting was just curious, because for some reason people usually avoid me, dident really think abouth it thill now, the quote abouth size and strength put an image in my mind, of times when im at the gym and im lifting heavy wheights like if I curl 70 pounders with the dumbels, and someone is near they usually leave the area, if I do the same with 30 pounds they dont notice anything. Quess its a whole different thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
The people will first turn to their families for help. They won't know what to do because they were just as blind as they were.

The people will then turn to "Big Brother" to lend a hand, but the government will be gone, no doubt to save their own arses.

Then the people will turn to me and those like me... they will call out for help and finally admit to the truth. They will beg - "Save us!"

Then they will say, "where has he gone?!!"

I'm tired too. Not so much from those who fall back into the matrix, but from the loved ones of those I do succeed with. Once they realise their partner (or whoever) is actually listening to me, they seem to put up various forms of fierce resistance. That's what tires me, the influence of the Dark ones.

I tell people it's simply better to be safe than sorry. Make some plans, at least. Hell, people take fire drills seriously, even "duck & cover" style terrorist training at schools. But when it comes to their own survival in a SHTF scenario, time is much better spent with entertainment.

The hard thing is, as much as I love these people, when TSHTF, I know I'll need to be as far away from these people as possible, for my own safety. I know I can't save the world, but I can save myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i hear you my friend. But you have to believe, that history has shown that "normal folk" are the ones who have contributed to the formation of current society.

if you take a 100-1000 years back, there were skeptics like you and me, then there were followers who vastly outnumber the skeptics. the majority, is the one that decided the direction of history and voila we have a history of blood, violence, bloody revolutions etc etc....a few hundred years back..people were being killed for not believing that the Earth is flat(scientists were 100% sure it was)

even my whole family doesnt believe it, because as you know..it is hard to accept it..when you get to know about what is the truth( or atleast part of the truth..we cant be 100% sure).....you get this feeling of being used and your life goals being worthless. example would be a person who wants to "end" global warming or a person who wants to be a billionaire. If people like that knew what we know...they would have the feeling that their life has been a waste, so have their goals. i wanted to be alot of things, but when i found out what is really going on, it took some time to absorb it, and changed me into a better person, and im not egoistic or ruthless to achueve my goals now.

In the end my friend, you have to look out for yourself, i know there is love for your family, but if you once tell people and they wont listen, its not your fault..it is theirs as they CHOOSE not to believe. I have a feeling everyone deep down knows something is wrong, but they dont want to believe it.

I also tried waking people up, but now i have given up. I believe if a person wants truth, he will listen to it..form opinions and do research, wheres a person in an affluent society who gets anything he wants would prefer illusion as opposed to reality.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hi read your post and i'm intrested in a statement u wrote ' the influence of the Dark ones.' What do you mean by it, who are these dark ones, were do they come from were do they live, and do you know there number. Out of curiosity because I joined this website not long ago, and iv read some weird stuff, anything from the alpha draconians coming to earth, as if anyone would come here from alpha draconis any solar system with one star is bad luck. To the goverment is out to get us, goverments got bigger problems like not colapsing. To all kids of stuff, but never abouth the Dark Ones.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

With your rant you actually failed to mention what it is you are trying to get people to believe. Or have I missed something?

From the replies I sort of got the impression you were talking about a matrix type of scenario. I hope not. No one mentioned it before the films.

To believe in something so strongly as you obviously do, and being as your "belief" generally stems from a film, is not healthy in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Tell me about it. You're not alone, and even tho I don't know where you are, and can't see you, I would give you a big hug.

I've been facing it off with the Defense Department, the NSA, and the Congressional Intelligence Committee for over 3 years. I had to file Federal Tort Claims just to get a letter back. But that's all I got back, just a letter telling me they got my Federal Tort Claim, and I have a real case against the Defense Department.

I spent 20 years in corporate law, working with White House attorneys, so I know what I'm doing. And I can't get zip out of them.

they're using a stall technique to discourage people. They have a Golden Rule: Do Not under any circumstances, offer any assistance to anyone, not matter what.

That's why a man slammed his plane into an IRS office. I document everything, I keep copies, I send out confirmation letters, that they understand what I am angry about, and then I put them all in my files for the day I need them.

Then I make plans to have a life. It just sucks the life out of you, I know. You can talk to me anytime. I know exactly what you are going thru. People in the media won't listen, representatives don't do anything, courts tie you up with frustration, and we just give up.

I hope you have a happy life and find something pleasant to do. Karma catches up to these people. I didn't believe in Karma, but I found out one of the people who gave me the most problems, had a heart attack and a triple bypass, and lives with an aging alcoholic pot smoker.

Whoever drove you to this, is going to get a good dose of Karma too.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey..thank you for your post! There are, indeed, a whole lot of us tired...tired and feeling like some invisible energy cast upon the waters of humanity...or planting seeds that seem to blow away in the winds of ignorance, apathy, narrow mindedness etc. etc. ALL in a futile effort/never seeing fruition...never hearing anything save grunts/groans from even our closest families,and elsewhere.... Yeah, I hear you.....I feel your frustration...but cheer up! remember, if you weren't serving the Truth....you'd be pedaling Crap. This is a country where, as the song goes, "crap is King". So, who ya gonna call? hang in there...know that you are not alone in your efforts/journey. Effort doesn't always produce happy results, but there can be no happiness without it. The blind will continue to lead the blind......long after even this world has passed! peace be with you Brother....keep on fighting for that which you know IS.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Your reply made me laugh. Freedom for ALL men all over the world...unless you aren't an American citizen.

You know what...I do give up...at least for this thread. I can't discuss a topic with someone who continues to change their stance on things as the discussion progresses.

I kindly ask that you give up and accept the fact that I don't mean harm to anyone and truly do promote freedom and liberty for all men

You don't mean any harm to anyone??? LOL. All this started because YOU said teh ONLY option left is a VIOLENT REVOLUTION. But somehow you are saying that VIOLENT REVOLUTION won't harm anyone. LOL.

So I will leave you to your fantasy world where you worship the founding fathers like they were gods and that their thinking is relevant in modern day society.

I know you really dislike taxes (well...I think you do...I really don't KNOW anything about your position since I can't get a straight answer). So you must be really dissapointed in one of your heros, George Washington, taking an armed militia to collect taxes during the Whiskey Rebellion. I wonder what your thoughts are on that event?

reply to post by thesneakiod

Good luck. I have been asking him the same thing for a long time. I ask what is it that he is fighting for or what is his "truth". Honestly...and I am being serious...the only thing I've gotten from him are vague terms of "freedom", owning land, and not paying taxes. If he would just list out his core beliefs in a detailed manner...people wouldn't be so confused by his rants.

OP....Why don't you save yourself some grief and just list out your core beliefs that you want to fight for in a DETAILED and CONCISE way? No long winded speeches of ideals...no vague terms like "freedom" or "liberty". Just a detailed list of what you believe in.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

No... I ugh, don't believe in the matrix. I believe, we ARE living in a matrix of our own creation, in which we accept everything we are told at face value, including what "freedom" we are told that we have.

What I preach is true freedom, as I stated many times in this topic but I can see how some of the arguers might have you believe otherwise. I just want people to think for themselves and not follow the media and those in government blindly. That is all that I "believe" in.

reply to post by freecitizen

I appreciate anyone who shares sympathy in my claims. However, I feel more for your as my struggle has not gone to the courts just yet. That is a ball game I'd rather not play. The winner is predetermined anyway.

I appreciate your words and I too believe in karma, which is why I believe that eventually our struggle will lead us to the winning side. Best of luck in your life as well.

reply to post by goosebrain

remember, if you weren't serving the Truth....you'd be pedaling Crap

Thanks for the post and that quote. I like the sound of that one.

Peace be with you as well.

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

*sigh*

As I stated before... multiple times. I want freedom for all men and women, worldwide. However, I was born and raised in America. America is a country based on freedom, one of the few that has ever experienced TRUE freedom and that is because it has a foundation to do so.

I was freedom for all men, but even if I somehow magically change this country, I can't change the world myself. Look at history, it is the actions of great men that inspire people to want the change for THEMSELVES. Look how many people, envious of the freedoms fought for in the American Revolution went on to fight for their own independence. As much as I would like to help people, I can only help them so far and THAT is the point of this topic.

You don't mean any harm to anyone??? LOL. All this started because YOU said teh ONLY option left is a VIOLENT REVOLUTION. But somehow you are saying that VIOLENT REVOLUTION won't harm anyone. LOL.

Violent revolution, yes. However, violence does not necessarily mean hurting of people. This seems to be something that people don't understand. Violence against a symbol is just as effective. As long as recklessness and hastiness do not play a factor, the destruction of a symbol can speak for a million words.

However, this violence your speak of, I DON'T want it. I see it as inevitable. There will come a day in the not too distant future, and you can take my word for this, when the people are going to march on Washington. They are going to demand that those in power step down and they relinquish their power back to the Constitution and the people. Those in power are going to have a choice of three options -

1. They will step away and no violence will ensue. Not going to happen.

2. They will allow us to forcefully remove them from their positions with minimal violence. Very unlikely.

3. They will sic their dogs on us for their protection. Thus, it is through them that violence will ensue. They will have brought the fire to the surface not us.

You can complain that "we the people" do not have the right to oust "elected officials" from power, however we who have chosen to take notice of their transgressions will be able to provide a long list of unconstitutional activities and in some cases, treason.

So I will leave you to your fantasy world where you worship the founding fathers like they were gods and that their thinking is relevant in modern day society.

And I will leave you to your world where apparently thought can become irrelevant. Perhaps that is the reason you fail to see anything I am pointing out to you.

It takes thinking of great men today to include the thoughts of the founding fathers into their ideas of modernization. To ignore their existence is to ignore history itself.

I know you really dislike taxes

I don't dislike taxes. I dislike the current tax system that is corrupt and so wildly intangible that no single soul would be able to translate it. I am not so naive as to think that a country can run without taxes, especially on a world economy.

If he would just list out his core beliefs in a detailed manner...people wouldn't be so confused by his rants.

YOU STILL DON'T GET IT? I don't want you to care about my beliefs. My beliefs are my own. To YOU my beliefs are irrelevant. Just like to me, your beliefs are irrelevant. They are yours, mine our mine. I'm not going to judge you based on yours, just as I do not want people to judge me based on mine.

I believe in freedom for all men. Which means you don't have to agree with me and my beliefs to want to follow my cause. You need only to believe in YOUR OWN. I could list all my "left wing" and "right wing" ideals out for you, I can list my beliefs on abortion or gay marriage or some other useless topic, but I can probably guarantee that you, much like me, wouldn't care.

Which is the beauty of my "long winded speeches" about freedom and liberty, because THAT IS MY BELIEF. Nothing more, nothing less. I belief that each man should be able to belief what they want, and it should not be FORCED upon another man.

In terms of our government under the Constitution, it isn't a means of controlling what people do, it is a matter of giving people a sibilance of ORDER so that they can continue to do what they wish, and believe what they believe.

My beliefs are my own. They aren't yours to understand. My ideals are what you should be looking at because it is through my ideals that my beliefs are based. Freedom and liberty are my ideals. Therefore freedom and liberty are my BELIEFS!

If you can't understand this, then you never will. You will instead continue to judge man off of whether they are the same as you or different and that has never produced anything worthwhile.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join