It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tired - I'm Exhausted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Life isn't a game, man. Wake the hell up!!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

What an immature slef-important and delusional rant.

You don't know some special truth.

You have opinions, many of them are probably wrong, about why things happen.

Most of your paranoia will NEVER play out the way you think it will.

You've also chosen to summarise your feelings with a comic book quote.

Not impressed.

If you wanna really make an impact, try growing up and not being so self-important.

Deny delusions of grandeur for a while.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I believe you said before you were 21 years old...so you had this "truth" since you were 17 years old? I'm sorry if this hurts...but you have some growing up to do.

I woke up at 16. I only started spread truth and reason at 17. I understand discrimination against people who are young, but I beg your pardon - age does not determine maturity. I should think that it should do nothing to discredit my opinion.

What is this "truth"??? I've asked repeatedly what you want to fight for or what is this "truth" you know that no one else does...and all I have heard from you are vague ideas of "freedom" and "no taxes".

What more would you like to hear? I have told you in various other topics that my goal is freedom. Freedom is more than just a word, it is an ideology, it is an action. The truth is that ALL MEN are free, there are just those that are too blind to see it and take it.

I believe you have said in another post that you like Glenn Beck because he is the only one showing people the truth. IF this is true (cause I may be wrong), then you are just as much of a sheeple as everyone else...you just follow a different shepherd.

I never said I followed Glenn Beck. I said I respected Beck for waking people up on a massive scale. I have denounced the blind following of the man, but I have awakened to the fact that the information his presents causes people to gain interest in a topic very few care to bring to the mainstream. Not only that but he, like me, encourages everyone to do the research themselves and seek their own opinions.

Help them with what? Taxes? Freedom? I just don't understand...and you COULD clear it up by you won't.

Freedom is the only thing I can help with. It is the driving force behind all of my ideologies. People think they are free, they are wrong. They do not know what freedom truly is. I have already spoke on this in a number of topics. The shear amount of shackles that are placed upon humanity is disgustingly obvious, yet there are those that would refuse to acknowledge them, as if they are meant to be there by default.

What would you have them do? Quit their jobs and start the revolution YOU want? Again...not understanding what your "truth" is or what you want people to do when you tell them about it.

I'm not asking anyone to do anything but to follow their own path. To give an example, I might give somebody some information about one of the various health care bills. I tell them the pros, I tell them the cons. I take my information directly from the bill. They will show happiness and accept the pros with the utmost joy, citing that "they heard that on the news" and this will "help a lot of people". However, after citing the cons they will tell me that I am wrong, or that it simply "couldn't be like that". I suggest to them, that if they would like to know what it is all about, they should read the legislation or get a couple of differing opinions rather than accepting and following the bill blindly and at face value.

Do you think those people will take my advice? No. I don't bereave them or demean them in any way, I simply suggest a method so that they can be informed. It isn't long before I am deadlocked in the same conversation with them again, them still blindly supporting, having done no research or formed any opinion on their own.

What do I expect people to do? Grow a spine. Don't be lazy. And above all else, think for yourselves. Is that honestly too much to ask?

Why can't you be happy?

Because I, unlike the people I try to convince, see true freedom for what it is. Knowing that I am not experiencing true freedom and liberty, and knowing that it is possible for me to do so and spread that experience to others, I will not rest until I die. Knowing there is greatness out there and then denying or ignoring it is the way of a coward.

Change what about the world? This is a very simple question...especially since you are so passionate about it. WHAT do you want to change...in concrete details...not something vague like "spread freedom". What kind of freedom? What is it that I SHOULD be able to do that I can't do right now? It's a simple question.

Every man, woman, and child in this world should have the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE. I have stated this already. If you request of me, I can make an entire topic dedicated to the Freedom of choice and how we are denied it in today's world. Or I can address the fact that some of us are given the freedom to choose, but refuse to acknowledge it and continue on in perpetual slavery.

SAVE ME FROM WHAT???? And what kind of power do you have to save anyone? You are not a superhero from a movie...how exactly are you going to save all the people? And again...FROM WHAT???

Obviously this is no different then any other ATS topic in which people don't read my replies so allow me to state this again.

As far as coming to ME for help, I am referring to those that I have personally tried to waken. As I stated before, if SHTF and I am the only one in the neighborhood who has years worth of food, supplies, and safety, who do you think they are knowingly going to come to once they realize they don't have enough?

I'm not referring to myself as a savior, I'm referring to anybody who has prepared for such things in the face of so many who have not. If they know, they will come to you as well. Anyone who has prepared for it, when it comes, they too will have to make that decision - I guarantee it.

You want to be a person of importance.

This line strikes me and so I have to reply because it could not be farther from the truth. I want to be a normal man. I don't want fame, fortune, or glory. I want to own a piece of land, I want to raise a family, I want to start my own business or businesses if I choose. I want to raise crops. I want to be a member of community. In my older age I wouldn't mind running for office.

What I want, is the freedom to do those things without this anvil hanging over my head.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are they just wrong...and you are the one with the REAL truth? This is the same thing religions have done FOREVER...the only difference with you is that yours isn't religious...but it is the exact same thing.

There is only one difference between myself and everyone else. I'm sure plenty of them are on the same page. However, I doubt there resolve.

I doubt the resolve of many of the people here on ATS because any I know anything about, are not prepared to go the lengths I am prepared to to make the dream a reality. I've been here for a year and I've yet to see somebody portray my message of freedom as I have done. I have yet to see someone else make the claims of change that I have. And lastly, I have yet to see anybody do anything but to doubt me, when in reality they know nothing about me, they know nothing about my resource, my circles, or who I am.

Some will call it a Christ complex. I don't consider myself better than anybody however. I do consider my view of freedom to be beneficial to all men, and what I preach is good will and prosperity for all. There will be those that stand on my side, and there will be those crucify me to no end. Tis the battle of good versus evil throughout all of time. But good and evil are nothing more than perspectives.

Why would any sane person voluntarily do something that makes them unhappy???

Because it is the right thing to do. I do not deem my happiness more important than anybody else.

reply to post by SpectreDC

Very good points. I enjoyed your post.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Whatever happens will happen.. I will keep gathering knowledge and meet others following the same path. All I know is that I need to persevere and have faith in an ultimately purposeful ending to this circus performance.
In the end, I am certain of one truth. We will rise.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What exactly are these "truths" and "open views" that are so soundly rejected by the people?

I'd be curious to know..

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The only truth I convey with the utmost certainty:

That "freedom" you experience from day to day is actually a refined form of slavery, updated and polished for the modern world.

Only those who acknowledge and witness true freedom first hand will understand that there is a better existence out there.

And no, I don't claim to be the only one, however, my meetings with such people have been few and far between.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by gwydionblack]

[edit on 22-2-2010 by gwydionblack]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I've been through the OP's struggle as well, even had a breakdown in front of my mother a couple months ago. The thing is, I'm 18, but I'm a smart kid.

I've seen too many of these, the same story repeated by different people, with different words... but it's still the same story.

First, you feel like "Damn, this is the world I'm living in? I don't belong. I don't think like the rest of these people, they're just not 'all there' yet, they're not AWAKE."

Then you start reading on the internet to find out that "Oh damn, so the whole government and way of life we've been brought up in is one huge lie."

It's just fuel for the fire, and the internet is god damn kerosine for that.

So now it's official, I'm awake, the rest are not. There are important people who have backed up the things I've been thinking... feeling... knowing on a subconscious level, so it's gotta all be true.

(This is what happened to me) And then it hits you, the synchronicities that are just mind boggling. All the connections to the ancients, the Eastern secrets in meditation. It feels like everything just fits perfectly now, it all makes sense. There's a sense of deep closure and almost pride in finding out that which you think you've found out.

And we label our episode, an "Awakening". OOOO Now I'm "conscious" to all of these things around me that I haven't seen before. I'm something special, I'm unique. I've found what Jesus was preaching the whole time, that lost message that the ''sheeple'' never thought about deep enough to understand.

And then it gets intimate. Okay, now I want to spread this message to my family, my friends.. and even strangers because we're all deeply connected and they deserve to know, to be saved!!!!

Okay, let's drop the mushrooms and be serious for a moment.

No matter what you woke up from, what veil you believe you've lifted, in the end you're only looking through your own perspective of the world around you. If you're going to be attempting to change the way people think, you're probably not going to be very successful.

Okay, so the government is a sham. And? Your neighbor still needs a paycheck to feed, clothe, and shelter his family. Is he really going to drop his life, the way he's accustomed to it even if everything is a lie? Well, no.

Is anyone going to change the way they live their lives on the whims of somebody else? No.

Do you see, OP and anyone whose been on this bandwagon, that this "fight", the "good fight" is not a war your going to win? What will happen? You'll get so deep into this idea, it'll sit as an obsession plaguing your interactions with other people, it'll eventually drive you crazy. You don't want crazy, I've seen it and walked away, thankfully without killing myself.

If you want to be happy, realize that nothing in this life will change unless something big happens. If something big does happen, it will need to punch a hole in the population, destroy the economic and political system all together. This is not something we are ready for, something YOU are ready for. Do you understand that this means complete chaos, not that golden age that we've been told will come. Age of aquarius or whatever.

If you want to be happy, stop indulging in the conspiracy and live your life. Have your family, get your education. If you don't want to be like the "sheeple", then make it a priority to see the things others don't, the beautiful things, not the terrible dark secrets that'll only drive us crazy because it seems like we're so delicately stuck in between them. Just enjoy being alive man, enjoy being here and now, enjoy humanity... don't dwell on the higher-ups because I can promise you that you won't have somebody from Area 51 come to your home and slap your mother across the face.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by JustStop]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
pfffffft, who cares, i gave up about a year after i started here. realized it was a waste of time to awaken people, but kudos to those still fighting and spreading the info, maybe it will come in handy one day. if not, at least careers were made off it.

its only natural that people arent going to listen. people got bills, kids, careers, dreams, and all kinds of other # on their mind, they could give two what the cia has done, or the countless amounts of other conspiracies out there, because what the hell can they do about it, and its not putting any money in their pockets. its a selfish world, we're selfish, everyone is. who cares. go play some xbox live and relax man.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Disillusioned, demoralized, fed up...and convinced you are privy to the 'truth' and your message is falling on the deaf ears of the great unwashed, eh?

Been there, done that---at age 18 or so.

Trust someone that outgrew that teen angst outlook: The 'truth' is the single most subjective thing any of us will ever encounter. Yours isn't mine and mine isn't yours....(and may philosophy majors and pragmatists both be damned,lol.)

Good luck regardless and stick to your own truths. Time will either prove your opinions and beliefs right or prove them wrong and either way it is ultimately up to each individual to believe or disbelieve what they choose.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Man, you are just a little kid.

Have you noticed how people keep saying that?

It's because it's true.

There's some ignorance you should try denying.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

"Corrupt" means a loss of direction. To prefer the convenient or the self-enriching to what must be done, to take immediate rewards over doing what is right in the larger view. It can even mean to imagine that the worlds inside our minds take precedence over reality. When we lose sight of the workings of the world around us, we become isolated in our minds, and our actions become corrupt.

When humans form a mental image of the world that does not correspond to reality, they become corrupt and destroy themselves. It's make more sense to believe in a better human future by embracing reality and not silly bureaucratic, academic or emotional abstractions.

This focus on the external, denying the inner world, is what defines modern society. We conquered nature with the internal combustion engine, the assembly line, interchangeable parts, and now digital electronics. We assume that humans act like these devices as well. We assume that democracy, individual freedoms, humanism, and material comfort will make us into ideal people like metal poured into a mold, stamped and assembled by machines. Yet machines do not have personality or the different mental abilities that define human individuals.

Our society judges us not by who we are, but by what roles we play. It rewards not higher behavior but obedience and conformity, and a willingness to respond in Pavlovian twitches to the rewards of money and social prestige. This is the false reality created by our theory; it is what our best thinkers call thin or partial intelligence, which is the ability to focus well on details while being ignorant of the system at large.

A society based upon the pursuit of individual pleasure and wealth is destined to be selfish. Selfishness is a form of corruption: instead of doing what is right for the overall direction of society, we do what is convenient for ourselves. This convenience creates side effects that ultimately we will all have to face, but since we can put them off, we do, like drunks on a bender. Enjoy the wealth now and let future generations face the consequences.

Predictably, that future has arrived. The philosophies that have gotten us into this mess can now be seen as erroneous assumptions. We must pick different philosophies that do not cause these problems. But philosophy has many meanings: it is both a type of thing, as in "a philosophy of convenience," and a language for discussing philosophies. Armed with this logical tool, we can pick apart the modern philosophy and see where it errs.

No matter how hard the truth, the reality of the situation is that obtaining and using truth is a more effective strategy than delusion. Delusion is more psychologically acceptable and thus in a time of individual preferences, it is accepted as truth, but the result has been a number of longstanding problems that have slowly come to a head with disastrous consequences. Unless we as a species get our population under control, and get some kind of value besides money, we will breed ourselves into a permanent third world state worldwide.

To use a cliché, "we are all in this together." We live in the same world and our fates are conjoined. If we pollute our world, we all breathe the toxins. If we start a nuclear war, we all suffer the fallout and cancers. The best way to live together is to respect our differences. If we can agree on the basics, such as putting culture before money and popularity, each society will be able to adapt its local rules accordingly.

Your friend the internet is not reality. Reality requres the use of your five senses. Culture is not something you serve, it's something you produce. It happens when people leave their homes and jobs to be together, freely and openly. That's one reason why liberal democracy is a wasteful political model because it sucks vitality and life out of individual and communal responsibility. Now we're all sitting and "waiting" for a culture to happen. It won't. What is your civil engagement?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What is truth and reality? Some say our 5 senses dictates our awareness. Anything outside of such sense, is only pure conjectures, hypothesis, imagination or hallucinations.

Thus many rely on science as the crucile of imperative truth.

Unfortunately, humans are complex beings, and our current knowledge of finding a predictive mathematical model to predict human behaviour is still in its infancy. Therefore, many issues cannot just simply rely on science or the 5 senses for answers.

Statistics of the past and present are good mathematical model, but when it attempts to chart the future, it becomes no more different than horoscopes or fortune telling seers - predictions, and we KNOW no human alive had ever been able to make one single prediction of the future come true. Alan Greenspan certainly knows now and is greatly ashamed. Too often, many variables are either discarded as it does not 'conform' to maths fomula of assumed belief or have yet to be discovered to get a better calculation.

So, shall we all just give up, and move one day at a time, into the unknown future, and trust fate? Many follow such policy today, but some, whom are able to critically analyse historical data, dig out facts past and present, and then using logic and reason, will see issues with better and more informed clarity than others.

Even though such analysis may contained more variables than Stats, but in the end, it is still only a prediction/speculation. The 5 senses test failed to respond to those whom you seek to convince - they cannot see, feel, touch, taste or hear speculations.

The only thing that can help you is that human beings will still listen to reason and logic, if humbly presented and non-confrontational, and allow them to consider your presented facts over time. It takes patience.

For those who challenge your beliefs are not your foes, for they only want better clarity. That's what freedom of speech and expression is for. For those who deride you, they do not matter to your life anyway and can be ignored.

What and who matters are those whom you love and care about - your family, relatives and friends. They deserve patience if you truly believe you had found the truth. And allow peaceful rational discussion so that you may see errors in each other's reason, logic and its flaws, so as to either change their perceptions or be changed for our errors/ egos of belief.

Keyword is RATIONAL discussion, and not stubborn egoistical self perceptions. Only in this will the truth, or at least the perception of a facet of reality be revealed.

No man can maintain that selfless nobility to help others 24/7, for we are not robots or immortal super beings, but flawed and error proned humans. Each must take his/her break, and do something else that will give that similar element high of discovery found in discussing hidden issues - such as work, relationships, hobbies, games, music and sports, to maintain sanity and a living.

I understand how you and many noble others feel. Just let go of anger, frustrations, ego of self....instead develope patience and openess to realize one's errors...in time, thru rational discussions, awareness will be better served upon fellow humans for mankind's evolutionary sake....

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You sound codependent. The desire to help others is often rooted in a desire to be needed by others and to in turn need others.

Research codependency, you may recognize yourself in its descriptions.

Also, while I am not a Christian I would say to read the Serenity Prayer, I think it has wisdom to offer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference...

The common person does not look up to one of their own as someone with a greater truth than themselves. You are just another person with another opinion to most people and will not be able to change their minds on what they believe. Focus on improving yourself and forget about everyone else.

The irony is I am contradicting my own advice by giving you advice but your post did seem to be soliciting advice.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The sheeple are a filthy, racist, self-hating bunch. People like to say the "mean old gubment" brainwashed them to be that way, but it's simply their nature.

If you've raised above the sheeple in terms of self-awareness, understand that you owe them nothing. They are scum. All of them. They have the same opportunities available to them to "wake up" as you had. They have the same tools yet they choose not to use them. You weren't born knowing what you know today. You actually took interest in the world around you and wondered why it was. You used your curiosity and found your answers. And though your answers may differ from another curious persons, the point is you still did your part to find your truth.

This is something they don't care about, and until they do care, they will remain scum. Not because they don't believe what you or myself believe, but because they choose to remain so lazy as to not reason for themselves or find their own answers. Even with all the opportunities to find their own answers right in front of them, they instead choose to help power the machine. This makes them your enemy.

"It's not a popularity contest" is the biggest lie we are fed from the start. Life itself is one giant popularity contest. People want to find some way of leaving their mark. People want to be remembered. Nobody wants to die only to have no mourners at their funeral. The elite have become masters of eternity. They leave their mark and will continue to do so as long as no others challenge their positions. Perhaps by trying to wake up the sheeple, you are fighting for the wrong side. That's not to say the Tyrannical elites are the correct side. I feel there is more than just the puppets Vs the puppet masters. Both the sheeple and the elites are our enemies for their own reasons. Let the people sleep while you further your own understanding of the world. They will only hold you back. Let the elite continue to do what they do, for you would only go mad trying to stop them.

At this point, you know too much about yourself to go back to being a sheep, it's an impossible task. You can choose to try and force feed the sheep your own ideas but that would make you no better than the elite. And if that's the case, why not join the very elite you hate. Because you are awake, that avenue is now available to you. You know they exist, now just find away to hop on the train.

Or... you could find your own inner peace. You could chose to fight for you and you alone. You owe them nothing; you owe yourself everything.

[edit]: Used the wrong form of "too"

[edit on 22-2-2010 by M0n0lyth]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by M0n0lyth

Be honest to yourself about the issues you face. Be open to the idea that you may be wrong. Acknowledge that you may be advocating something simply in your own interests, rather than as part of a coherent ethical system. Who knows? You may even choose to occasionally decide that what's more important to mankind or its planet is more important than you. Humans are much more altruistic than the cynicists in us gives them credit for.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What did you expect would happen?

Your goal isn't to save the world, your goal is to relate your opinions and your information to those who will receive it.

There is no saving the world because you're up against a design that is greater than yourself.

As far as the juggernaut goes, as you can see, it is weakening by the day. The economy is falling, the wars are wearing on people's minds, unemployment is getting worse, and all sorts of budget cuts are being made because we can no longer sustain our way of life. Tea parties are forming (although, they just make the cause look stupid) National Parks are closing, cutbacks in education are causing people to picket in the streets. The government is hiring disinformation agents for forums such as this because the leaks that are sprouting in their fascist control over the information system are getting bigger and they are using damage control to plug them.

Not everyone can move at the pace that you would like, but, things are moving nonetheless. There are people that regularly frequent this site because they are waking up.

This place isn't as hopeless as you would like to believe, and even if millions wake up at once, there will always be many who will guard and protect the current system with their very lives. They depend on it.

The Universe is in control, and believe me, the Universe is far more adept than you or I will ever be. Nothing goes unnoticed, and balance will be restored. It seems to me that you are focusing on negativity and conspiracy which has ultimately cost people their minds and lives. You need to unplug, reboot, and suffice yourself in the idea that you have at least educated yourself so that when the time comes, you're prepared to help others that will need it.

But remember...you are no savior and you're only responsible for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I agree with you, I'm starting to get completely burnt out. Both tired of the entire community and myself, have no spark of life that says I should try some more .. Seems so pointless to continue .. Would think that it held that people would not listen to what I said, but when they think I'm crazy and no one likes me, that destroys me totally, physically and mentally. We live in an apathetic world. I can not even get the girl I want

Peace and Love,
Marius

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustStop

You make some good points, but the collapse you speak of, I am ready for it. I'm not getting any younger. The population of the world will be none the readier for it if it happened today, or if it happened in 100 years. The philosophy of the people will still be the same.

Unless that big event you speak of comes. I'm ready to push that big event in my own special way. It is long overdue.

reply to post by jimmy1200

If it is human nature to stand in ignorance and selfishness to the collapse of your own specie, and watch and accept your own slavery - then I am no longer human.

reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

I hold no angst. I have no distaste for one persons opinion over the other. However I will tell you now and I will stand by this fact: no ones opinion should hold dominion of another. If you do not accept this fact then you are selfish and nihilistic. You aren't fit to live if your only goal is to manufacture others in your image.

I seek a world where no opinion is heralded over others. One can choose to be who they want to be or do what they want to do in all its entirety. However, the boundaries involved are simple - your rights to do as you will shall impose on no other mans rights.

If it is such difficult to see freedom as the correct coarse of action, then honestly - YOU ARE WRONG in a moral and ethical standpoint.

reply to post by seethelight

You are a discriminating fool.

You notice how I said that?

That is because it is true.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Uh, why would you suppose that your point of view is the only valid one?
Why do you assume people need waking up?
Why are you expending so much effort in telling people what they clearly don't care about as opposed to simply "being" a living example of the principles you claim to adhere to.

You cannot force another to your view. You can only try to persuade them. If you do not practice what your preach and do not live by the words you expect them to, then you are 100% correct. You have done NOTHING.

Seriously, change your approach. You'll feel better and you will spend more time improving yourself instead of holding to the false belief that you have any effect on the world by your words alone.

Action is key. Words are cheap and often unfounded or meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join