It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tired - I'm Exhausted

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Now I know what you are doing is the noblest thing a man can do, and that is to be true to yourself and true to others.
So keep doing your thing man, they are listening.

Which is exactly why people post crap like that. Megalomania, narcissism and low self-esteem.

"I'll post about how sad and downtrodden I am, and people will say I'm actually awesome."

The grandiose talk ("Oh, I could save you, but since you didn't listen, I won't") might be exactly WHY people don't listen.

What is Megalomania?

Megalomania is an unrealistic belief in one's superiority, grandiose abilities, and even omnipotence. It is characterized by a need for total power and control over others, and is marked by a lack of empathy for anything that is perceived as not feeding the self.

Although megalomania is a term often ascribed to anyone who is power-hungry, the clinical definition is that of a mental illness associated with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Narcissism is most simply defined as self-love. Though it is considered healthy to care about your own well-being and have a healthy self-esteem, when someone loves himself to the exclusion of all else and others become objectified to be used only to serve the self, this is no longer considered healthy or normal.

There are different psychological theories about how and why NPD develops, most of which relate to the integration of different aspects of ego and self as a child, and the nature of the parental roles in that process. Regardless of theory, NPD is characterized by extremely low self-esteem, which is compensated for by delusions of grandeur and megalomania, a narcissistic neuroses.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
[edit on 23-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I would not use the term *megalomania* to describe the OP because he has good intentions regardless of his dellusional thoughts. The truth is very few people can directly save humanity and earth by themselves but unfortunately they, by their actions, have declared themselves the enemy of the masses.

That means it is time for the masses to wise up and eventually organise to defeat the PTB scum together. Posting inflamatory remarks on ATS or steering airplanes into buildings is a sign of a weak and often dellusional person. Terrorism will not solve anything, at least not in the short term.

The best way of defeating a tyrannical government(s) is by using its inherited weaknesses against it but the problem is mass media propaganda we common folks need to overcome. ATS and youtube go a long way in evening things out and I thank both for their service! Once several "satanic-controll" oriented laws get overturned and we get rid of private central banking most of our problems are solved. There is no need for a violent revolution unless the PTB force it on the people and give them no other avenue of escape.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

It's obvious that individual responsibility doesn't rank very highly on your to do list. But I'll ask anyway, although I won't hold my breath for an answer. What is your civil engagement. Do you feel a sense of of civic duty? Have you ever attended a city council meeting and observed how your government works? Or are you all theory. To effect change requires commitment and effort. Hard work, hard work, and more hard work. Are you willing to do this or just sit on the sidelines and sulk.

It's also super-obvious that only the people who take immediate responsibility and action will be guaranteed some form of success. The rest are lazy and impotent. Like I said I don't expect an answer. I don't think you have one.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tru_blu_dude

It gets frustrating trying to spread the truth to ignorant people? Well you know what? I'm tired....I'm exhausted of people like you with a "God" complex that think you know everything..."the truth." It's a joke. You are one tiny spec in the universe. I will live my life learning everyday and forming my own opinions of what this world is to me and my place in it. I actually get a good laugh reading posts like yours. By all means, spread the word...but don't get frustrated when us "idiots" are not interested in all your "truths."

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I know how you feel, mate. I am in the same position. I am tired of being a slave in this rotten system. I tell people of the possibilities, how wonderful life could be if we were not in bondage to the banks and this system.

The reply I usually get is "yeah, but what can you do, eh?" and I think to myself "Nothing, I, we, can do nothing. Because you just sit on your arse and shrug your shoulders."

But then I think about how I was before I found out about all this stuff and I realise that I must keep going. Like you said you and me, us, we cannot go back to how we were, we cannot go back to being blind. We can go forward, and that is what we must do, it is the only thing to do.

There is an army be hind you mate, you might not see it but we are there. Keep at it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If I may offer some advice...
1. Refine your message. Be specific on what the threat is, as well as what the solution is as you see it. "Wake up" is not a solution.
2. Listen to your audience. They will tell you what is right or wrong with your message. Remember this though, "sheeple" will be the FIRST to agree with you without question.
3. Give people hope. That means, talk (think) about the accomplishments that the cynics thought were impossible. What have the fools (us, the dreamers, the activists, the resistance, whatever the enlightened are called) done right?
4. Understand your OWN motivations. It is easier to defend them when you fully understand them.

My motivation for this reply is love, rooted in experience, tempered with a decent Merlot from California.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I can understand your frustration, remember even if no one believes it except you, truth is still truth.

And there lies the error, IMO. I wonder if there really is an absolute truth; I think all there is, is your truth and my truth and everyone else's. You're living your truth and that is fine, and it may well turn out to become consensus truth = what we call "reality." Then again, it may not. Until it happens, none of us knows what will happen.

I totally get you, though, because preaching is in my blood too. Once I'm totally convinced of something, I can become quite adamant about it, trying to "enlighten" everyone around me. However, since everyone around me lives in their own reality and believes in their own truth, this can be enormously frustrating.

Meanwhile I believe that LIVING your truth -- not TALKING about it, but personifying it -- is the only way to get others to follow you. Let's say you're into Taoism and walk through life with this incredible, peaceful glow around you, people will flock to you and try to emulate you. You'll be a role model without saying a word. Not that I'm there yet (or maybe ever), but ultimately that's my ideal... to be that radiant old sage that everyone wants to be like. ;o)

[edit on 23-2-2010 by sylvie]

[edit on 23-2-2010 by sylvie]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

So you come in here and choose to insult me as well. Well as I said previously, unless you have something that is relevant and on topic, I'm not going to bother picking apart any of your points.

The fact is, you didn't even mention the original topic, instead you just attack me. It is hilarious. So, considering I've already forgotten your hateful post, I will go ahead and forget anything else you might have to say.

reply to post by concernedcitizan

This is another question that I have referred to countless times, including in this topic. I go to local town hall meetings, I write my congressmen, I write and call in to my newspapers. I participate in rallies and protests where they match my creed. My civic duty is not in question.

I have had family members who were in politics, mostly local, and I have seen first hand how easy change comes in the form of legislation and common sense. I have given up on the political spectrum thanks to a little thing I call history. Based on what I have experience and the amount of difference politics has made in the past, I believe I can justify my opinion.

There is your answer that "I don't have."

reply to post by stephanies-chase

OK... so by thinking I am referring to YOU as "us idiots" as you put it, you are claiming take the title of "sheeple". Considering I clearly stated I was only talking about sheeple, and I never called them "idiots", I think it is self guilt that is pushing you to believe you fit that description.

Considering, you think that you fit that description but you also "live my life learning everyday and forming my own opinions of what this world is to me and my place in it" (your words not mine) then you don't fit the description of sheeple at all. SO why so offended? Why take it so personally?

If you do indeed live your life like a sheep, following blindly and letting others thing for you, then by all means, consider yourself a part of the group I'm referring to. However, this is nothing to be proud of, admitting that you let others rule your life for you.

reply to post by GrumpyBadger

Thanks for the support. I like the the wording of your post and how you laid on the situation. I will keep at it.

For those of you who still don't understand my definition of TRUTH that I spread to people, allow me to refine that one final time.

I don't tell people want to think, what to do, how how to decide.

THE TRUTH = THINKING FOR YOURSELF

That is it. Nothing more. As long as your think for yourself and remain an individual, then your should have no reason to not see the corruption and behind the scenes of the world that the mass media and governments try to hide on a daily basis. Once you begin thinking for yourself and creating your OWN opinions, doing your OWN research, living your OWN life - then everything else comes naturally. My work is done.

SO for all of you who don't understand the difference between urging people to think for themselves and indoctrinating my beliefs, then you need to rethink the situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey man, it's all about just telling the information in a way that cannot be denied.

-Make posters and fliers, simple things.

- MAke a list of video documentary films & article links and give them a copy of endgame or a similar DVD.

- Just don't spend too much time on individuals who are hard headed; work with methods that will awaken as many people as possible ASAP!

WE ALL HAVE TO!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Gwydian

I can see how you might be motivated to respond to those whom you believe are atagonistic and judgemental

but by the same token, it might be a great idea if you acknowledged those who've supported you in face of all the opposition here

don't you ?

People such as the poster immediately above this post, for example

and the poster 'Stewie' (I think) who didn't judge but instead offered excellent advice

Otherwise, you're just 'rewarding' some

and ignoring others who've taken the time to offer you support, encouragement and advice

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Do you like nature at all? Can you walk a few miles? Take a hike. No, I don't mean it that way. I mean take a hike out somewhere away from people to get away from the problems they cause for a few hours. Because to me it seems you need to take your hands away from the keyboard, get up and go somewhere to get away from things for a minute.

I'm not going to tear you down for the way you think. I've got my opposition to what you're saying, but that's the way the world works. You've got your leaders and you've got your followers. You, sir, are a leader. I myself am a leader. We've got our own beliefs based on what we know or think we know and what we determined in our own way is truth. And then we try to enlighten people to the truth we have discovered. But who's right? Who's to say who's right? Fact isn't always fact.

Keep leading those few who will follow your ideals, stay loyal to your beliefs. Just know that the followers also think for themselves as to what they want to believe is true.

"People are stupid. They'll believe anything because they think it's the truth or they're afraid it's the truth." -wizards first rule from Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

but by the same token, it might be a great idea if you acknowledged those who've supported you in face of all the opposition here

I have responded to some, but I honestly don't have the time to respond to EVERYONE. I usually tend to respond to those who either ask me a question (which I always answer unless I don't notice it), try to destroy my credibility (I have to defend myself), and if they have brought something that racks my brain or I have not considered.

I truly do appreciate the support from everyone but I am only one man, and this topic certainly soared off much farther and faster than I ever thought it would, haha. I don't mean any hard feelings by it, honestly.

reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Yes I do enjoy nature, but currently the ground is littered with 3 feet of snow in some places. Doesn't make for good nature hikes, haha. I do consider it a "release" of mine and rest assured, I will probably less stressed once spring arrives. However, I also have a lot of work I plan to get to when it comes to by plans. We shall see where it goes from there.

Your words all speak very true and I will do my best to remember them.

Until next we speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Oh for sure man, the thing is, some people you think dont think about these things actually DO.

Everyone has the same information, some people thing abductees are crazy, some think they're lonely liars, some think they're messengers, some think they're dreaming.

Just because your point of view is 'one layer of the onion' down from their doesnt mean yours is right.

I have thought I found the REAL truth several times in life... hmm coincidentally I think I have it all figured out now
But I at least realise, maybe Im wrong, maybe the simplest answer IS actually correct..?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
crap... I can't delete this.. I was going to delete this because I was pretty sure it was already asked, but... people don't act because they don't know what to do about it. What are we suppose to do?

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
gwydionblack what exactly, are you trying to change abouth this world we all live on. Obviously ther's something that eats at you, but your statements are vague. Need of refinement in your purpuse there is, freedom is a vague statement, its meaningless its an opinion, saying i want to free all, is like me declaring i want all to have a banana some dont like banans. Whatever cast u came from must of eroded as all things do in time, old things die unless they change. And change is hard, if it was ez there would be a lot less unhappy humans. Did u consider that the sheaples freadom is in following, and the shepeards is in leading, if one or the other does not understad there job there will be misery. As for the so called elite well how elite can they be if they fail at so ez a task as, keeping themselfs rich when they have all the riches in this world. Quess they forgot power corupts and absolute power corupts absolutly. Thers some intresting dialoge on this post, but again its kind of vague.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

It is also possible that you can't save the world and any attempt is made in vain.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Continue on your life mission of trying to wake people up. I got slammed recently on this site for using the word 'sheeple' when I was frustrated at the general dumbassness of people accepting everything that has been force fed to them by the 'SYSTEM' right from day one when they were born, and refusing to question anything. I have always questioned everything, I used to wonder why nobody else did.

The thread was something about David Icke and how he has been trying to wake sheeple up for over 30 years, and look how much he has been rubbished and ridiculed for exposing what he has researched!!!!

It is obviously part of your life mission to raise the frequency of the collective consciousness in any way you can, so CARRY ON DOING YOUR THING. Remember every soul's journey is their own and everyone has their own mission to complete for this lifetime, some will open up their minds, and most will stay asleep, hey, that's ok.

As stated in some of my other reply posts, I have debated and verbally fought with some of the most closed minded people (academics, scientists who can't see passed their own thesis) and, just one person opened up his mind enough to debate with me, he told me he wanted to believe in all this mumbo-jumbo BS that I believe in, but it just didn't fit logically in with his mind framework. I just left it at that with him. A short time later after he had been on a journey to Tibet and had a spiritual epiphany, he opened his mind and felt the Divine force and 'knew' and 'felt' what I had been debating with him TO BE TRUE. No skin off my nose, I was rapt that he could see another point of perception, good for him.

My EGO did not get sucked in and feel bad that he hadn't got it in the first place, and my EGO did not stick its chest out and say "I was right, I was right" either. I just thought to myself quietly "Cool, cool, he's awake, good for him" and left it at that.

Each individual is responsible for their own Evolution, you don't need to put all that responsibility on your shoulders, you will never be able to wake the whole world up, so just carry on with what you are already doing and if one day someone comes to you and says 'I understand what you were trying to make me understand way back when..." then COOL.

Other Old Souls will realize what you are trying to achieve too.

Sounds like your EGO has been giving you a bit of a bashing, bash it back!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was an extremely good debate with XeleMental.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by kiwitina948]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Gydionblack, I know what you mean. I was once like you. You must remember one thing though -- ignorance is bliss. I've realized no use can come of me trying to expose the truth to my friends and family and continuously fail. I've since then decided to just live life, to step away from this whole conspiracy world and simply enjoy every waking moment. When this veil of secrecy is finally lifted away from the mass public, well then we'll just have to cross that bridge when it comes.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I know I already posted 2 half asked responses to this thread, but what exactly are we "waking up" to? To some beligerent conspiracy theorist like David Icke or something? Do you mean participating in politics? Are you talking about God? None of these topics go over well with people.

You have to realize that your opinion isn't any more significant than any others.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Wisen Heimer]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join