It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have “Conspiracy Fatigue” Do you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
...We will never find truth if we do not boldly question and confront the lies and find the motive for the deceits.

ATS is where the wolves and the lambs lay down together and chew the cud. They know we are on to them and we are not afraid of them. When wolves hang out with sheep, they eventually become vegetarians!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Alethea]

Aletha, are you an attorney my friend?

Very funny (and true) second point!

OT

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
...Our entire life is programmed in advance, until we start the process of bending, and ultimately breaking the rules of this program, which is called the karmic tie to the astral world.

*Note: remember, do not believe.

Is 'belief' bad/sub-standard?

Also are you discounting free will?

OT

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Beliefs and doubts are the reasons why we are slaves to the astral world. The idea for them is to keep the cycle of life and death for ever, which is, in my opinion, totally wrong for we need to evolve to higher levels of awareness and consciousness.

Free will is also an illusion. When a human being realizes this, he can start bending the rules and ultimately, break those rules... But for an ego who is conditioned since birth by the memory of the human race, it's very hard to look at this with an objective view.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

'awareness' and 'consciousness' are nice thoughts, but I have FEET, I am a created thing, tied to this earth...

OT

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes, you are indeed prisoner of the material realm, and for a very good reason. Humans have lost their connection to their source, the light from which they are issued from, their spirit. Some religions call it the original sin.
The loss of that connection meant that we needed to be guided, but it soon turned to domination. There are many other "realities" out there, many other dimensions that are unknown. But, it doesn't really matter, for humanity will evolve anyhow, it's just a question of time.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
...I am noticing a lot new members, but sorry to say I also to see a lot of old stuff being hashed all over again. Will people ever figure out the search button? ....

Me too BR,

Thx for stopping by...

the search button huh...I noticed it

OT

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yes, you are indeed prisoner of the material realm...

Nah, not OT. Pls spend some time on the ole profile...

I am beyond the "percieved", yet of no result of me/my works.....I've still got feet/tied to the temporal....but the ETERNAL visited....

It is not WHAT I know, but WHO knows me!

OT

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi guys, this thread is very dear to my heart. I have been investigating conspiracy theories for a few years now. Although I joined ATS a while ago I have only started posting the last few days.

I have had an interest in UFO's/Aliens since I first took acid in 1995(don't judge me please, it made me think about things in a whole new realm). However, I only got online since 2004 so never had resources to investigate properly till then.

I spent a couple of years researching 911 and NWO conspiracy theories till I had just had enough. I then joined JREF about 6months ago to take my mind off all this horrible, paranoid, getting nowhere conspiracy stuff and felt a huge weight off my shoulders with all the debunking.

But here I am, no matter how much debunking material I have read I still can't bring myself to truely believe things are as the 'real world' would have you believe.

SO ON TOPIC!! Yes I have had serious conspiracy fatigue but then 6 months later I am back thirsty for more

This time though I will not O.D. I think if you are interested in conspiracy theories the best thing to do is have a little look at anything new now and then but don't let it consume you because it gets somewhat unhealthy looking for the revelation that never quite comes.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
BTW, I used the search button since my first visit, Search Button is my friend

That is how I found this thread!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What iv learned from my years "in this field":

People go trhough a evolution and in this evolution you will see steps.

First:

The person is mindblown about the knowledge and starts researching very intesnly, he is persueded and he will do anything to make you believe it.

Second:

The person starts seeing that some people in the field are BS.

Third:

They start to find that all conspiracy theorys are a waste of time.

Fourth:

They don't put energy into conspiracy theory anymore but concentrate on what is really going on in this world, they start to see that the only thing they need to change is them selves.

After the fourth step you will understand most of what is going on.

I myself have gone trhough these steps and there are more steps normally but I don't feel like going into them. And I am at the fourth step, where you don't become angry anymore about all the conspiracy theories but you simply live your life as good as you can and you try to bring usefull info to the community. No 2012 vids no reptilia vids, but vids about economics phylosophie etc...

Now I consider my self being on the end of the cycle but many people are still in the first step, and we have to respect that because we'v all been there and done that. If i read posts I made on other forum about these thinhgs i sometimes laugh at how inspired i was with all the info.

And everything i went trhough and all the debates with non believers helped me to become who i am.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I have had conspiracy fatigue in the past, and only visited ATS about 2 times in the last 2 1/2 month period.

I am noticing a lot new members, but sorry to say I also to see a lot of old stuff being hashed all over again. Will people ever figure out the search button?

While I won't quit visiting for good, I can honestly say I will be around to peruse a lot less frequently.

edit typo

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Blanca Rose]

I agree with this statement. I have been to the point many times where I am just fed up with the BS. Then I refresh and get going again. However, many of the old stuff is simply rehashed. This means that I have been focusing more on current events (politics, police brutality/non brutality, lobbyists, etc.). Of course I go back to the good ole 911 stuff once in a while. Especially lately with the amount of attention it is getting in the news finally. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad exposure. Well, there is but it's free advertising. Sure, it will be put in a sour light most of the time but I believe it will get those who have only heard a little about it to look deeper. Once that happens the majority of 'free thinking' individuals will logically have questions.

So, I do get fatigued but I simply back off and recharge my batteries. Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Actually in my opinion I think the fascination is very easy to explain by so-called ordinary psychology. When I start my masters this summer I am specifically targetting Existential therapy because it attacks just this issue.

OT...here is what I believe

Existentialism holds that there are four basic struggles called the givens of life. These sturggles all mount just from existing and happen to many people over time. These givens of life are:

1. Inevitability of death
2. Isolation
3. Freedom
4. Meaninglessness

If you break them down you can see why ATS and Doomsday threads are so popular.

1. Inevitability of death: Every single one of us talking in this thread right now is going to die. None of us (no matter how many predictions erupt) can determine 100% exactly when we will die. So to cope with this there becomes a fascination with death. We obsess over it

2. Isolation: We as humans long to be connected with others. Communication is a perfect way of doing so. What better way to connect with hundreds of thousands than on a forum so massive where others share our views (most of the time. I do recognize that debunkers like myself and CTer's often don't agree...but we are on the same wavelength of free thought and denial of ignorance.)

3. Freedom: Are we truly free? What better way to be free then to do the one thing that not a single soul can stop no matter how hard they try: think. In the days of the Spanish Inquistion and Witch Trials, a Wiccan like myself may have been tortured to renounce Witchcraft and my Wiccan ways. Heck I can even admit to you that i have renounced it but you cannot stop me thinking of my Wiccan routes and praying in my own head. Oh I can tell you day in that I pray to Jesus but inside my mind I am talking to another. We all have freedom of thought and often to validate that we look for ways that we can verify our thoughts. A good way to do that is to find a place with like thinkers. This is our source of validation. In the case of ATS we use loose sources and citations to validate our thoughts.

4. Meaninglessness: The other three 'givens' deal with why we flock to such a place from existential thought. This 'given' explains why we marvel at doomsday and why we predict. One of the key inner struggles in existential thought is that we have no meaning so we look for it everywhere. Sometimes we take those same loose sources that we previously used for validation and we invent fantastical stories to make meaning of our lives. Imagine the personal gratification if ever one of these predictors are right. The ego would swell in my opinion to proportions we cannot fathom.

Of course the crux to all of this is that we cannot accurately predict anything. This worsens the situation dayd by day as these predictions ultimately and almost exclusively fail.

Yes OT...I am fatigued of all these predictions

Please people take note that at no time did I reference a specific person. I am merely stating my personal beliefs.

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

the fatigue is sane when it means the extra energy you have to create to get to positive truth as independant source true you alone

while also the efforts energies spent to understand all what those conspiracies mean in truth, like the independance of humanity is a sense and how evil is used as a way to force right livings true to move out of all whatever it is, you must act independant totally to be of truth true

but of course there are all kind of harms and destructions living that seem to be the only reality of self there, which again proove how truth is always only what is and even true livings never matter and never will

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Hmmmm, now "why" would you have conspiracy fatigue, perhaps that is what you say, but maybe that's what the PTB want you to believe, or possibly with the end of the world coming so soon, you are actually an agent of disinfoprediction, I know your fatigued in order to convince the rest of us to stop waiting for the government takeover......
jk

So sorry, couldn't help it, Yes, I too grow weary of the constant failed predictions, and unusual thought process of some of the posters, yet, isn't that what makes it all enjoyable, seperating the wheat from the chaff....

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Hi guys, this thread is very dear to my heart. I have been investigating conspiracy theories for a few years now. Although I joined ATS a while ago I have only started posting the last few days. ....

Wide-eyes, thank you for your transparancy, great post!

Glad you are in the game again!

And for bumping the dormant thread here

OT

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
.....And everything i went trhough and all the debates with non believers helped me to become who i am.

Excellent synopsis of the pattern.

You should write a book, I'd buy it

OT

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

......OT...here is what I believe

Existentialism holds that there are four basic struggles called the givens of life. These sturggles all mount just from existing and happen to many people over time. These givens of life are:

1. Inevitability of death
2. Isolation
3. Freedom
4. Meaninglessness....

These four make great sense to me too...in your studies please look into Lawrence Kolberg's Thoery of Moral Development, this is where I shake out.

OT

PS: It was good seeing your U2U....
PSS: Praying for your studeis friend!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

Hmmmm, now "why" would you have conspiracy fatigue, perhaps that is what you say, but maybe that's what the PTB want you to believe, or possibly with the end of the world coming so soon, you are actually an agent of disinfoprediction, I know your fatigued in order to convince the rest of us to stop waiting for the government takeover......
jk

So sorry, couldn't help it, Yes, I too grow weary of the constant failed predictions, and unusual thought process of some of the posters, yet, isn't that what makes it all enjoyable, seperating the wheat from the chaff....

Very funny, you had me at paragraph one

T

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

YES!

I couldnt have said it better myself, even if I will try.

I came the ATS years ago and was constantly finding new things to ponder and decifer. Its only been in the last year or so that I find it more of a chore to continue exploring this stuff.

I used to just forget about the stories and predictions that dont come to pass with out any real conviction to them. But now, I find the predictions forum to be the literal basement of this site, its where the creeps & critters like to dwell.

If anything, I used to think that a lot of people here were 'knowledgeable' and worthy of at least reading their opinions. Now, after I have seen a lot here at this site, I know better. There is the odd person here who is an asset, the rest of us get put into the pile of typical day to day people with nothing extraordinary to add to this site's cause.

In short, Im terribly fatigued from this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

First, i don't believe. I must know for sure. But you can't take my word for it, for you must find your own answers. So, you cannot believe what i say to you. If you believe, you submit your mind to another authority. There is no higher authority above you. You will realize this when you start the process of finding out about your multidimensional aspect.

And yes, evil is very present, and that evil resides in the astral world. This plane is anti-human. It is their role to maintain domination over mankind.

Earth is a school for souls, until the soul realizes that he's dominated, and manipulated from the invisible worlds. When you talk evolution, you must consider the that the more evolved dominate the less evolved. For example, parents dominate their children, strong animals dominate weaker ones, and it's the same thing for humans. Higher evolved systemic entities, which are not part of the physical world, dominate mankind on all levels. The biggest domination is the manipulation of our thinking process.

Our entire life is programmed in advance, until we start the process of bending, and ultimately breaking the rules of this program, which is called the karmic tie to the astral world.

*Note: remember, do not believe.

OMG! I'm so sick of this nonsense. Everything you say is just regurgitated bs. Everything you said WAS A BELIEF. You have NO proof of anything you wrote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join