It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Americans' fifth favorite place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

With all due respect to Washington's special relationship and shared values with Israel, Americans much prefer their neighbor to the north.

According to a new Gallup poll released over the weekend, Israel ranks fifth among the countries viewed most favorably by Americans, behind Canada, Great Britain, Germany and Japan.

A paltry 10 percent of Americans said they had a favorable view of Iran, which came in last place among a list of 20 nations. The survey was conducted among a random sampling of 1,025 respondents.

With all the negativity towards Israel, I though I'd post something positive about them. Behind Germany though??? I'm surprised about that...... Who likes the Germans?!

If the poll was done on ATS they'd probably finish bottom.....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well...the Germans do make good beer.And have the autobahn(sp).

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Having a "favorable opinion" of a country does not say much. Does having a "favorable opinion" mean you approve of the ruling government? Does it mean you approve of that country's culture? Does it mean you admire what that country has accomplished?

I think Mexico is a great place to go on vacation, so in many respects I have a "favorable opinion" of it. Mexico also has problems with corruption and has not accomplished as much as the United States in areas like science and commerce. In this regard, my impression of Mexico is unfavorable.

Much of the ten per cent that said they had a "favorable opinion" of Iran, probably do not admire the current regime in power, but rather admire the people of Iran for standing up for their rights.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I take offense to the statement, "Who likes the Germans?". My family are migrants from Germany and we are good, hard working Americans, just like the Germans in Germany. What makes you think you are any better than the Germans? DENIE IGNORANCE!

[edit on 2/21/10 by Misoir]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A place is not a people,

"Israel" is a territory with Biblical significance to the whole World, but else is only Judaea!

Why not see the other nations with this same realization?
In my own two-times around the world I've seen that the place is the point and not the people, but maybe that's because I'm from where all the people have come to be such a "melting pot"?

[edit on 2010/2/21 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Who likes Germany...lets see.

fantastic beer
technofests
highest rate of casual sexual relations on earth...

I do, I do...

top topics

join