It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Alices Cookie didnt take me to Wonderland. Stop telling people to avoid medication!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Whats more important than listing the side affects is the fact that the FDA gives green light to a lot of the more harmful drugs. There's room in the doctors office for some drugs, that people really need for conditions that aren't so easy to cure with therapy and natural means. But all the drugs that do too much damage? Why are they even legal?

Is the FDA really out for our interests?

Doesn't the head of the FDA rotate out every few years and get replaced by a corporate member?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer

Chill. Many people have had hell periods within their life.

There is a difference between suffering from depression and going through a toiugh time, something which you seem unable to comprehend

Doesn't make you any more special than someone else.

I never said it was

::Cough:: maybe you need a chill pill for that rage.

Nice, thanks for showing your maturity level

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Scarcer

Chill. Many people have had hell periods within their life.

There is a difference between suffering from depression and going through a toiugh time, something which you seem unable to comprehend

Doesn't make you any more special than someone else.

I never said it was

::Cough:: maybe you need a chill pill for that rage.

Nice, thanks for showing your maturity level

Please, I said you should chill.

And of course you never said it made you special.. but seams you were trying to come across as such.

If you want to see someone showing their maturity; please see your second to the last post.

EDIT
How do you assume I wasn't talking about depression.

Your several years of depression would amount to a "hell period."

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

G'day OzWeatherman

Very well said.....

I strongly applaud you for this thread

Good luck "weathering" the BS.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)

If you want to take your medications then that is your right. Those of us who know better and are capable will not touch it because we will use natural means or just plain heal ourselves. I don't don't think your depression was caused by a hormonal imbalance, that may have been the end result but i think the cause would have been whatever you were not happy with and had issures with. You could have changed your perspective and not let it eat you up so bad. Either way, its good to hear that you are cured. So I guess if you need medication you need medication but the reason you need medication is because you don't know any better.

Jesus christ....

What is going on here. Getting smacked on the wrists by humourless mods for trying to have a laugh, to watching threads mocking the features of a 20 year old kid because hey, if he's not an alien he's damn ugly, and now we have this sort of utter twaddle.

You needed your meds because you didn't know better Oz... The doctor here should have told you all those years ago and saved you the trouble.

And why not go one better, Cure cancer with prayer. 100% success rate... Unless you're a sinner.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

XD as much as I disagree with your point of view, I have to applaud you for the good laugh.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You know what Oz, you are absolutely right. People here aren't pharmacists, they aren't doctors, they aren't therapists, and they aren't the individual who needs these medications.

So they don't know what they are talking about, and their advice is highly dangerous. Especially for someone vulnerable and in need of licensed real doctors.

People should be real careful of the advice they give, especially if it goes against the advice of trained professionals.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You know what Oz, you are absolutely right. People here aren't pharmacists, they aren't doctors, they aren't therapists, and they aren't the individual who needs these medications.

So they don't know what they are talking about, and their advice is highly dangerous. Especially for someone vulnerable and in need of licensed real doctors.

People should be real careful of the advice they give, especially if it goes against the advice of trained professionals.

G'day whatukno

I work at a senior level in that "evil medical industry".

I agree with your comment & I thank you for expressing it so well.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

sorry but I'm in the mood to throw some curve balls.

But how would you be qualified to know you can trust them or not?

With our politicians and FDA in charge, with big pharma interests, and greed for money that keeps a close caption knowledge base on hospitals and education. It's just so obvious that they know whats so good for you! ... Wait.. they can't make money off of healing you?

Isn't cancer like one of the medical industries biggest money makers?

So... if doctors know what they're doing, then by your standards, I image every doctor would of experienced every illness they deal with-in their own bodies?

Phew!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Didn't mean to come off offensive, I am sorry you it took it that way.

I was addressing you in a case where I don't know what you went through, regardless.

Tell me this,Do you think 200, 300, 600 years ago they had zoloft and anti-depressant pills?

No, because these pills are only a temporary fix and lead to more neurological problems.

The citizens that take the pills end up becoming dependent on them and begin relying on a 25 mg lexapro from the big pharma lab to get them through the day.

This is all new, none of this was here before and it was fine..

We are here now aren't we?

[edit on 22-2-2010 by LightWonder]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Oh I gotta share something so funny with you guys. This happened to a family member of mine.

My dad previously suffered from a busted appendix when he was younger.

Now he was taking a kid he had been keeping care of to the doctor who was suffering from the same illness.

*Doctor talks about doing a bunch of tests and what not to find out what it is*

Dad: "Doctor, I'm pretty sure he has a busted apendix, the same thing happened to me."

Doctor: "You shuttup! I'm the doctor here! I say what to do."

After a bunch of BS. The hospital ended up taking out the kids apendix

More where that came from, but I'll leave it at that for now.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Very good post Oz, I agree with what you state, S & F.
It's irresponsible to play the online doctor as some seem to do.
However, taking medication or not is a very personal question, not only because of the type of the disorder (i.e. type of depression), but also because of the person himself/herself.

Originally posted by LightWonder

Didn't mean to come off offensive, I am sorry you it took it that way.

I was addressing you in a case where I don't know what you went through, regardless.

Tell me this,Do you think 200, 300, 600 years ago they had zoloft and anti-depressant pills?

No, because these pills are only a temporary fix and lead to more neurological problems.

The citizens that take the pills end up becoming dependent on them and relying on a lexapro from the big pharma lab to get them through the day.

This is all new, none of this was here before and it was fine..

We are here now aren't we?

This is all no excuse to say people shouldn't take meds. Pills do not work solely as a temporary fix, it's much more complicated than that. Often, in the case of depression, meds are combined with cognitive behavioral therpay to enhance effects. Did you know this, or did you do any research on this?
600 years ago people didn't had anti-depressants...I don't really know what you want to say with this, as it is a very empty argument i.m.o. They didn't had cancer meds then, too, and yet, we're still here.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Cool story bro.

What that brings to this is anybody's guess.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Didn't most cancers and diabetes not appear until just the past hundred years or two?

You can cure scurvey with vitamin C. But you can't cure cancers or diabetes with a simple change in food?

the FDA allows all this junk, but they also allow all these meds... Hmm, maybe if I just quite eating them I wont need me pills

Though in the case of diabetes it might be slightly more complex. Should just avoid getting it in the first place, unless you got type 1.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Medications from greedy, money hungry bandits of the Pharmaceutical industry are, more often than not, not the best way to go at all.. they do only mask the real problem while usually causing a great deal more complications both mentally and in physical health.. I would highly recommend anyone with depression (either long or short term) for instance, and/or other ailments to cut out ALL or as many as possible food additives and colourings etc.. they are huge contributors to many of mankinds ills..the food companies give you the problem and the big pharma give you the cure at a high price both financially and at personal cost..its really a great system they have going (note the sarcasm there) to screw the public en mass.
A personal experience that touches on this, I suffered since my very early teens with quite severe 'panic disorder' being labeled 'paranoid delusional' on top of it.. after years of trial meds such as Zanex, Effixor, Paxil and so on which just zombified me - and others i have known on similiar perscriptions, -it isnt natural to not ..feel.. as these drugs cause, people on them do not get angry, sad, excited or happy.. they are at an un natural constant in moods.. bi-polar disorder is a load of crap, the Earth herself is freaking bi polar.. but its a label thats also worked a treat for shrinks and corporate agendas alike.. sorry, digressing a bit.. but after years of these medications, i stopped them all together and cut out all food additives (E numbers, dyes, flavour enhancers) and my last bout of panic or last 'freak out' was nearly 2 years ago now... interestingly enough i did find that one of the additives commonly used does cause panic and stress levels to rise (cant recall which one at the moment)..listed as a 'side effect' of it being in foods. by manipulating brain and body chemicals..
I am rambling off here, i just really wanted to share this as its not just my personal experience, but friends and family who have also started watching what they consume in the way of food and drink have noticed drastic changes for the better..
The last thing i would like to add is are you, OP in any way a professional either? (if so disregard this part of the comment lol) If not, where do you get off telling these people others opinions and facts on the topic are wrong? you dont know that at all..

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

oh wow that was the funniest thing I have read all day, thanks!

oh and don't forget to take your med's!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

1. Food additives have nothing to do with depression, its caused by a hormone imbalance, not a chemical imbalance

2. No, Im not a proffesional, and neither are the people that tell others to avoid medication, which is the whole point of the OP, which people seem to have misunderstood. If you read more carefully you would realise this

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

If a medication is not working, go to someone else. Not every doctor is brilliant, not every doctor is a shill. But I don't think that it's good for someone who has no licence or degree at all to tell anyone on the internet to not take prescribed medication.

It's dangerous, it's irresponsible, and it could end up killing someone.

That's all I am saying, if you aren't the patients doctor, don't give them medical advice beyond GO SEE A DOCTOR!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Strange thing is, I've personally been told similar stories from friends.

Specifically one with ADHD who was on meds. None of them worked quite right, and kept texting me when ever she was having panic attacks or feeling depressed; which were side affects.

I got a question though. I've experienced salvia divinorum myself to a high level and I've heard of stories of depressed people getting better just from using it.

Any depressed/previously depressed people have anything to say about it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join