It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland chief: Domestic extremism is top concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

[color=#00BFFF]Homeland chief: Domestic extremism is top concern

This is the whole text of the article... [color=#00BFFF]Source

Feb 21, 5:31 PM (ET)

By EILEEN SULLIVAN

WASHINGTON (AP) - Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says terrorists who are U.S. citizens or live in the country legally and plot against the U.S. are just as big of a concern as international terrorists.

She says that when she started as secretary a year ago, the focus was largely on international terrorists who want to harm U.S. interests. But in the past year, more of the violent extremism that has been seen overseas is showing up in the U.S.

She says officials need to drill down and analyze the factors that make a young person, raised in the U.S., migrate to extremist beliefs and actions.

Napolitano was speaking to governors who are in Washington for their annual conference.

Is it just me, Am I the only one that looks at Stack, McVeigh etc... and sees someone that is just crezee angry???

TPTB need to take months studying these events to come to some highly analytical scientific (and usually incorrect and convoluted) conclusion?

Perhaps it's simply defined as TPTB pushed those people over the edge with their behavior (rules, guidelines, laws, hypocrisy etc...) ???

It's seems so painfully simple (to me) : that they were just pissed off beyond all human reason (conspiracy or not.)

Am I wrong?

Perhaps 'domestic extremism' is a reaction to government extremism?

[edit on 2·21·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yep. They're going a little over board on this one.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This concerns me.

It opens the door to labeling anyone whom disagrees with the corporate influence on our political system to be labeled a "Domestic Extremist" and have viewed justifiable when associations are made to events such as Stack's airplane.

A very thin line we are walking, perhaps...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Totally correct,

These people in DC are just looking for more ways to take advantage of any situation to gain more power or limit freedoms. Limiting feedoms does empower the federal government.
People are just ticked off everywhere because of government corruption. If they cleaned up their acts and became honest, moral, and trustworthy officials, ( yeah right), people wouldn't go to extremes. They already know this, but don't care because they want to use it to craft new ways to control people. Totally transparent..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Euwww, that was what i was thinking too. We are all becoming targets of the state when we chose to use the constitution as a recourse for justice and fairness.

This is a bad sign.

Its the old either you are vith us or against us!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Let's not forget Janet Napolitano also went on TV and said you should take your Swine Flu vaccines because they are there to protect you.

She's a liar.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We are dangerous now. The average person is now suspect. Why? Because people are living in hard times, an infliction our own government gave us.
Notice the smooth transition from foreign terrorists to White, American terror.
This was the end result they wanted all along.
Its the same drama some of us foresaw years ago, much more elaborate than "1984" even. Twilight Zone kind of stuff. What a shame to rape this beautiful and promising country, and to have them laugh at those lost in these wars, just to push their agenda is blasphemous. Its all developing right before our very eyes. Monday thru Friday.

Tomorrow is Monday, ever notice terror is a weekday thing? I guess all evil rests on Sat and Sunday.

Anyway, i never would have guessed in a million years that i'd be witnessing all this in my lifetime. Its pretty hard to take.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes they are afraid of independent thought leading to independent action. Rightfully so.

One individual has the power of a complete army if she or he lives for one moment and one moment only with no discussion or hint, no recruitment and no manifesto -just an intention.

Yes, afraid they should be. Individuals even freak me out.

The key is to NOT BE ON THE RADAR of someone's helplessness. If you aren't a target, you have nothing to worry about just like the man with nothing to hide giving up his privacy for security. And no one will be a target if they simply enforce & protect the entire founding constitution, bill of rights.

Shut up and govern *for the people* or you're fired or on an individual psycho's radar. Do the right thing(s).

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I mean... We've had such an upsurge of domestic terrorists lately, eh?

Well, it's clear this is another fascist move - rile us up about "domestic terrorists" so we will relinquish more liberty to be "safe."

[sigh]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
LOL. This is just getting way out of hand. How can they not know what is going on. And if they do not what is going on, what are they doing running this country? I believe a new political group is coming into existence. It's called Fedupism. People are losing their lively hood that they once had trying to live under the government rules. Maybe its time to just start helping each other rather than helping the government. Start bartering with each other for what we need and kick the proverbial dollar to the curb.

The reason that such extreme measures are being put together in the government? The average person is starting to wake up, and like the government has done so many times in the past, they will provoke fear to control the masses.

Time to grow our own gardens so we know what we are eating. Raise animals for our needs and become as independent as we are supposed to be. Go back to the live and let live motto.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Perhaps 'domestic extremism' is a reaction to government extremism?

Yes, I think the same thing. When a government refuses to listen and carries an iron fist approach, it breeds reactions that go against that same government.

This is a fact of any social situation. "Backing a cat into a corner" comes to mind as a terminology. Law enforcement train on how to diffuse situations, especially in circumstances where their life might be in danger. Verbal Judo anyone? I can't tell you how many government offices I have been to that treat a person like crap. I would say my experience has been 50/50 as far as dealing with government agencies.

Some citizens can not handle stresses and take things personally when treated unfairly. I have found that government agencies are just like the private sector though. There are people in positions of power that cannot think and base their decisions on ego rather than really stopping to think and putting themself into a persons situation. In this regard government might not be the exact root problem, it might be that people are the problem and support ego based reactions as solutions.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This concerns me.

It opens the door to labeling anyone whom disagrees with the corporate influence on our political system to be labeled a "Domestic Extremist" and have viewed justifiable when associations are made to events such as Stack's airplane.

A very thin line we are walking, perhaps...

It really is a Facist ideal though isn't it?

Take pride in your country, no decisions made are wrong, if you revolt, your a terrorist?

Revolution was what built your country and now they speak of it as if it was Domestic Security that created the country.

It's really scary, the police state simply continues to grow. Keep a look out for legislation in the next 12 months to enforce harsher rules on protesters and limiting "free speech" zones and that sort of thing.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
More info. to add

If you haven't seen this Homeland Security Department PDF of extremist groups and how they are defined, it is worth noting that Alternative Media is listed, but in definition only.
Domestic Extremist Lexicon.

According to our friends at Prison Planet:

In the same breath as radical Cuban Communists, the “decentralized terrorist movement,” “lone terrorists,” “racist skinheads” and the Mexican separatist movement, we find an entry for “alternative media,” alongside the blurb, “a term used to describe various information sources that provide a forum for interpretations of events and issues that differ radically from those presented in mass media products and outlets.”

That’s right folks – the federal government is training its enforcers that people who don’t believe everything they see on Fox News, CNN or read in the New York Times are to be treated as a “threat” and a potential violent domestic terrorist.

Apparently it’s not enough to treat Ron Paul supporters, people who fly U.S. flags or people who are able to accurately recite the Bill of Rights as potential mass killers, now anyone who merely questions what is reported by the corporate media is also a danger, according to the federal government. (1)

According to FOX News however, this report was not authorized for release and the "maverick" department was reigned in...

Department spokeswoman Amy Kudwa said the report was not authorized and is not being used.

"The lexicon was not an authorized I&A product, and it was recalled as soon as management discovered it had been released without authorization," Kudwa said. "Since this happened prior to our last experience, our new internal protocols were obviously not in place. Even so, this product is not, nor was it ever, in operational use."

The Homeland Security official who spoke to FOX News said the office that released the report had taken on a "maverick" attitude by acting without authorization and is now being "reined in." (2)

It appears that Homeland Security is"unofficially" looking at ways to break the radical/extremist cycle within the borders (their term).

[edit on 22-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
farakkan and wright "reverends" supposed men of god. get a free pass

those are the kinds of people they need to keep an eye on

its just supposed "right wingers" who have no affiliation to anyone....

goto youtube and search for their videos.

historically its always been the left wing extremists who are the most violent.

domestic and national security both left and right need to equally be looked into.

top topics

join