It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idols To Distract The Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am an American without an idol. Not because of religious reasons, but because having one means that I am more easily controlled.
One less Idol for this nation is what we need, Nation!

What is the reason behind the coalition of conspiracy minded people on this site, not just in America, but all over the world?
Why do people come here if not because they FEEL that something is very wrong with this world?

Why am I American Idol-less? Where is the conspiracy, here , Dragonsmusic?

Well, the conspiracy is that there were more than 12,000 members of the ATS who received the most recent ATS alert to members. That’s how many people, coming to this sight knowing there is something wrong with the world and that are looking for answers and it’s just in the past three months. The amount of people looking for truth here is astounding.(Can we not have some peace amongst ourselves as we look for the truth?)

The Old Testament shows examples of how Moses, among others, did not condone the worship of idols.
Now, I’m not a religious man, though is it not in the better interest of the NWO and TPTB to set up as many idols as they possibly can?

In this world where men’s ideas “fly around the world in the blink of an eye” it strikes me that DISTRACTION is the ultimate tool to distract the civilized primates(humans) from their inner selves.
Each distraction is something else that the psyche is interested in, and distracts it from it’s true purpose.
Each new favorite TV show, each new tidbit of celebrity gossip, each new phone that does even more amazing new things. ..
They are all IDOLS in one form or another.
Definitions of idol on the Web:

a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
someone who is adored blindly and excessively
paragon: an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Now before you flame me for making more of this than there actually is, look at the definition that came up for the word “idol” on google’s search engine as the number TWO definition

Idol is a Swedish reality-competition gameshow airing on TV4. It debuted in August 2004, and it has since become one of the most popular shows on ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol_(Sweden)

This is how we lose our power, NATION! Being distracted with idols!

It's weird. It's so simple I could have missed it. But there it is ...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In the blink of an eye we are all distracted, by so many different things.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is an example of what I mean in terms of "idol" according the new pop culture definition, the idol called "godmoney"

[edit on 21-2-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
When I was a youngster I went to the Sonny Randal football camp. One of the deals was to have your picture taken with the football players. There was an assistant there who took care of our floor (group) and worked with the Players while they coached us. I wanted him in my pictures because he did a good job & was a nice guy. The players made a joke of it & let him in my pictures with them. I don't appear to have heroes & idols. I just know people and I sure don't follow them like they walk on water.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

I get where you are coming from . It's what I'm saying here and it's cool you see that. What I'm seeing is that in having idols, or heroes, is that we all give up more power and control of ourselves .

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

In this modern society it is important to have someone to look up to! It give us goals and understanding...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What is more attractive to most people; living your life following the words of Jesus and the ten commandments or buying idols for your home, buying a fish emblem for your car and wearing a cross?

One requires hard work and dedications to your faith, the other requires a few dollars and easily convinces your peers your a good Christian. A lot of people prefer to take the easy path to make their peers happy.

I am not saying it's right or will get the results they hope for, but its done often enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freq Of Nature
reply to post by dragonsmusic

In this modern society it is important to have someone to look up to! It give us goals and understanding...

I agree that we all need people who we can look up to. We need others who's empowering traits we can emulate.
However the level of celebrity worship and focus on the material, non-spiritual aspect of humanity that we all get from every direction is just surreal in how powerful it is. The idols to distract us are all over the place in the western world.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
What is more attractive to most people; living your life following the words of Jesus and the ten commandments or buying idols for your home, buying a fish emblem for your car and wearing a cross?

One requires hard work and dedications to your faith, the other requires a few dollars and easily convinces your peers your a good Christian. A lot of people prefer to take the easy path to make their peers happy.

I am not saying it's right or will get the results they hope for, but its done often enough.

Thank you Kaploink. While I am not religious , as I mentioned, I totally see what you are saying, and it so applies here.

It's easier to make a show of what one believes as opposed to being it, or living it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to consider that the idols you mainly speak of (electronics) are there because people gave up on spirituality after it got us no where for many thousands of years? We grew tired of waiting on whatever God to come down and bless us or take us to heaven. Or reaching nirvana/anything else. Nothing ever comes of it. And the ones who claimed it all to be real and helpful, are VERY few and VERY far between.

All the good christians or jews or muslims or buddhists can claim that their faith has helped them throughout life. And I won't dispute the moral teachings that come from such faiths. But the truth is that they are still here. Still human. Still have a limited 3rd dimensional thought capacity and will still bleed if they are shot.

This new age of technological development and extreme distraction could possibly be the result of say...NO results with everything else we have tried over the eons.

But, who am I kidding? It's all just a conspiracy to keep sally from realizing her God is just as sadistic as the devil worshippers who wear black in her school....

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
American Idol doesn't distract people, it actually segregates the intelligent people from the ignorant people. People who actually waste time and tune into American Nightmare need help. Then yet, I guess it makes the American people feel good about themselves knowing that their are people dumber than they are, and are willing to show it on national television.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Has anyone stopped to consider that the idols you mainly speak of (electronics) are there because people gave up on spirituality after it got us no where for many thousands of years? We grew tired of waiting on whatever God to come down and bless us or take us to heaven. Or reaching nirvana/anything else. Nothing ever comes of it. And the ones who claimed it all to be real and helpful, are VERY few and VERY far between.

All the good christians or jews or muslims or buddhists can claim that their faith has helped them throughout life. And I won't dispute the moral teachings that come from such faiths. But the truth is that they are still here. Still human. Still have a limited 3rd dimensional thought capacity and will still bleed if they are shot.

This new age of technological development and extreme distraction could possibly be the result of say...NO results with everything else we have tried over the eons.

But, who am I kidding? It's all just a conspiracy to keep sally from realizing her God is just as sadistic as the devil worshippers who wear black in her school....

I like what you have said. And I like that you're location on your avatar says Hell, USA

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
American Idol doesn't distract people, it actually segregates the intelligent people from the ignorant people. People who actually waste time and tune into American Nightmare need help. Then yet, I guess it makes the American people feel good about themselves knowing that their are people dumber than they are, and are willing to show it on national television.

It's not really about the show American Idol. It's not about that at all actually. In being American Idol-less it means that I have no heroes. There is nobody that I put up on a pedastal.
It's word play on the show's name obviously. Though that was , like I said, only word play.
With that one part I was just being a somewhat cunning, and silly linguist

new topics

top topics

join