It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Swabbing Hands Before Flights for Explosive Residue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This just seems silly to me.

If I'm going to bring a explosive on a plane, I'll wash my hands throughly, or not

handle the Bomb before flight.

But I can see them hassleing mothers who had Cleaner residue on their hands, or

gardening products.

This will just again, target the wrong people.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
More absurdity. I haven't flown in years because, call me sensitive, but I find it offensive to be treated like a criminal in my own country. I swear if I was flying and knew one of these wands was being used, I would run my hands through the fertilizer in my garage and poke a finger or two into a spent shell. That should give them something to do. Maybe get some residue and spread it around where others would get it on their hands for fun.

Of course this is a rhetorical question for most of you here, but if (real) terrorist wanted to blow things up, why would they go to the trouble of going through security and getting on a plane?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you dare you fertilize your plants before you leave on vacation, dont leave any Miracle-Gro on your hands, (Nitrates)

And yes, this is absurdity and is NOT about terror, it is about controlling and conditioning each of us, to gracefully accept our own enslavement..after the 911 US Reichstag Disaster

-------------
LINK to a Feb 18th post describing the political maneuvering on the hill regarding Ron Paul's Audit The Fed bill..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This ought to be fun... I am on a range darn near 5 times a week...shooting, and i always have powder residue on my hands... well to hell with em.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I worked in the mining industry as a blaster and i am glad i do not have to go through this. i had work clothes that were covered with explosives after pneumatically loading ANFO in drill holes for the daily blast.
then after work i would drive home and transfer this Residue to my truck seats and floor at home.
You know this kept being transferred to other items till it was all over and even clean clothes and shoes would have picked up trace amounts.

Farmers and grounds keepers would also have problems with nitrate fertilizers.
Even a golfer could end up with nitrate fertilizers on his shoes after playing a round of golf a couple days after the course was fertilized.

TSA must go nuts with false positive swabs.

All the terrorist has to do is claim they work at a job where they work with products that contain nitrates and likely they would be passed through and a time just because TSA could prove nothing illegal.

And i will bet that these swabbing test do not test for all explosives just the most common ones.

And then what if the terrorist decide not to use explosives.

There are a number of chemical mixes that would be very toxic on a plane.

Ammonia and chlorine bleach would be a mild one but could cause panic on a plane.
There are a few that could kill a lot of people like sarin
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join