It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gobekli Tepe Revisted: Lost Eden?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I agree this is very mysterious indeed, im looking forward to seeing what archeologists think it is?and i think it could shed some light on what megalithic sites such as this and stonehenge were used for in those times.great thread guys!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is much better than my thread on Gobeki Tepe. Found this fascinating interview of Andre Collins on the site. www.andrewcollins.com...

Parts of Mr Collins observations

...Among the carved forms in high reliefs to be seen on stone pillars at Göbekli Tepe are anthropomorphs, felines, raptor birds, sperm-like snakes, arachnids, insects, foxes, boars and ostriches. There are so many different types of zoomorphic images that it has so far proved impossible for anyone to interpret or bracket all their intended symbolism, if indeed this is was it is meant to be. However, there seems to be a clear preference of interest in snakes and birds, like the vulture. Whereas the vulture is associated with death and rebirth, as it is at Çatal Hüyük - the oldest Neolithic city anywhere in the world, situated in southern-central Turkey and dating to 8500 BP - I suspect the snake played a slightly different role among the PPN communities. The snake is universally a symbol of birth, new life, transformation, cosmic creation and divine knowledge and wisdom. I also suspec that Upper Mesopotamia's cult of the dead featured the use of hallucinogenic substances, most obviously mycetes, since serpents are a universal symbol seen during mind-altered states, and examples to be seen as Göbekli Tepe and Nevali Çori sport heads that closely resemble highly-psychotropic mushrooms of the psilocybin family.

...I began to find that the earliest Neolithic cult centres, the prototypes of stone circles and chambered barrows everywhere, were directed roughly north-south. Since the north was a direction of death and rebirth at Çatal Hüyük, I quickly realized that the focus of attention at places such as Karahan Tepe and Göbekli Tepe was the movement of circumpolar stars around the northern celestial pole, for there was no Pole Star in c. 9500-9000 BC. I looked closely at the Skyglobe astronomical program for these dates, and realised that only one constellation could have been the object of their gaze, and this was Cygnus, which in European starlore is the celestial swan. However, there is clear evidence that in Ancient Mesopotamia Cygnus was seen as a raptor bird, while in classical myth it was occasionally seen as a vulture, the symbol of the transmigration of the soul in the Neolithic cult of the dead. When I also discovered that the Sabians of Harran - a race of people known also as the Chaldeans who inhabited Upper Mesopotamia many thousands of years after the Pre-Pottery Neolithic peoples vanished from the radar - venerated the north as the Primal Cause and also the direction of heaven, I knew I was on to something. The results of that investigation are to be found in THE CYGNUS MYSTERY, which forces us to re-evaluate everything we thought we know about our early ancestors' understanding of the cosmos, and our place in it.

End quote

In another thread we were discussing the significance of the "basket" symbolism. Surprisingly I came across a video dealing with crop circles and the basket design here...www.youtube.com...

I like this reconstruction video because it shows some symbols on the floor and the firepit in the middle. It looks like a place for sacrifices rather than a place where DNA experiments took place and life was either expanded upon, manipulated or created....again or for the first time.
Why three buildings? Men, women and children?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
www.himalayanacademy.com...
Kalachakra, "wheel, or circle, of time," is the symbol of perfect creation, of the cycles of existence. Time and space are interwoven, and eight spokes mark the directions, each ruled by a Deity and having a unique quality.

This symbol reminded me of these rooms.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Well, no publicity could mean 1 of 2 things:

-they haven't found anything new

OR

-cover up

What they have found changes everything, that's way they keep silent !

The pillars are statues of dead priests (saints) standing in circles around two high priests.

12 000 years ago

The high priests have interesting belts around their waist

i51.tinypic.com...
i55.tinypic.com...

They hold their hands on their belly, like the eastern island statues do

i45.tinypic.com...
i46.tinypic.com...

Also the bird-man with the V neck is present in Gobekli Tepe

i47.tinypic.com...
i45.tinypic.com...

The bird-man on eastern island 600 years ago

img693.imageshack.us...

The bird-man in Lascaux cave France 16 000 years ago

upload.wikimedia.org...

The bird-man in Assyria 3000 years ago

img197.imageshack.us...

The birdman is a priest. He's the connection between the earth and the sky.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-2-2011 by Ove38 because: new links

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Really enjoyed your enlightening examples of how the Easter Island features are so similar to G.T ! The hands around the T shape temple monolithic stone and the Easter Island statues hands to their bellies. GREAT COMPARISON ! Stunning actually. I've seen both but not put them together, thanks for letting me do that !

Wow!

Originally posted by Ove38

Well, no publicity could mean 1 of 2 things:

-they haven't found anything new

OR

-cover up

What they have found changes everything, that's way they keep silent !

The pillars are statues of dead priests (saints) standing in circles around two high priests.

12 000 years ago

The high priests have interesting belts around their waist

i51.tinypic.com...
i55.tinypic.com...

They hold their hands on their belly, like the eastern island statues do

i45.tinypic.com...
i46.tinypic.com...

Also the bird-man with the V neck is present in Gobekli Tepe

i47.tinypic.com...
i45.tinypic.com...

The bird-man on eastern island 600 years ago

img693.imageshack.us...

The bird-man in Lascaux cave France 16 000 years ago

upload.wikimedia.org...

The bird-man in Assyria 3000 years ago

img197.imageshack.us...

The birdman is a priest. He's the connection between the earth and the sky.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-2-2011 by Ove38 because: new links

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
- The people of Gobekli Tepe could have been defeated by an enemy who then could have proceeded to bury any important monuments of the former people instead of destroying them as a sign of respect.

Just some reasonable reasons I came up with from the top of my head. I doubt burying a temple/monument was an uncommon practice in ancient times.

That sounds like the most plausible explanation.

Could it have been some type of natural disaster, like mud slide?
\

why take the time and energy to bury something when it is easier to just destroy it. i think it was buried because the people that used it wanted to hid it from an invading force

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gheybayten

now this temple may be one of many. it could be an entire culture was making places liek this. or maybe it was an isolated area of "genius" people for their times.

That is a VERY estute observation. Christopher Columbus believing the world was round did not affect the rest of the 99.999% of western civilation's view that it was flat...
Nor did Eric the Reds views permeate the vastness of the world related to earths far away lands....

Unfortunately, for every Einstein, Columbus, Piri Reiss, and their like; there is a 100 million people who "cant find places like Iraq on a map...such as"

Anyhow, Miss Teen South Carolina's commentary of modern interpretations of cartography notwithstanding, u make a VERY interesting point....

I am gonna give a star if i can figure out how(i just joined today)

Christosterone

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Probably hasn't had enough publicity because under the eyes of mainstream "scientistszzz" it doesn't exist. Mainstream "scientistszzz" are a bunch of fanatic adoctrinated geeks who follow a religion. n the case of Gobekli tepe, how old is it? around 11,000 years? Where there humans with tools to cut and move those stones? No. Thefefore, is proven by "science" that it doesn't exist. Is a myth. What you're seeing is a mistake made by nature from wind and water. We were supposed to descend from monkeys and in those days we were still living in caves.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone

That is a VERY estute observation. Christopher Columbus believing the world was round did not affect the rest of the 99.999% of western civilation's view that it was flat...
Nor did Eric the Reds views permeate the vastness of the world related to earths far away lands....

Christosterone

It is a myth that educated westerners thought the world was flat - they had learned from the Greeks that it was round - what Columbus believed was that the world was much smaller - and that he would find Asia about where he found the New World

The wiki summary on the flat earth

The mistake Columbus may have made:

Some historians have proposed that he used an argument like Strabo's, but Dr. Fischer found his claim to be based on incorrect units of distance. Columbus used an erroneous estimate by Ptolemy (whom we meet again), who based it on a later definition of the stadium, and in estimating the size of the settled world he confused the Arab mile, used by El Ma'mun, with the Roman mile on which our own mile is based.

Columbus mistake

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall
Probably hasn't had enough publicity because under the eyes of mainstream "scientistszzz" it doesn't exist. Mainstream "scientistszzz" are a bunch of fanatic adoctrinated geeks who follow a religion. n the case of Gobekli tepe, how old is it? around 11,000 years? Where there humans with tools to cut and move those stones? No. Thefefore, is proven by "science" that it doesn't exist. Is a myth. What you're seeing is a mistake made by nature from wind and water. We were supposed to descend from monkeys and in those days we were still living in caves.

Of course it exists Eaglecall. They even have those Peer Review publications on it. You seem badly confused. What 'religion' do all the scientists in the world follow? You can cut and carve stone without metal tools - you should research that...how do your think stone tools are made?

You are saying Gobekli Tepe is natural???

Oh wait you're just talking nonsense aren't you...had me going there for awhile, lol

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Of course it exists Eaglecall. They even have those Peer Review publications on it. You seem badly confused. What 'religion' do all the scientists in the world follow? You can cut and carve stone without metal tools - you should research that...how do your think stone tools are made?

You are saying Gobekli Tepe is natural???

Oh wait you're just talking nonsense aren't you...had me going there for awhile, lol

Of course Im being sarcastic glansprune. The religion "scientistszzz" follow, is the science of religion. They are doctrinated just like priests. Everything for the is either black or white. Absolute. Just like the inquisition. You either beilieve on them or not. If you don't you're a whacko.

Of course Gobekli T-P is real. But as long as no modern human replicate it with a stone tool, the probabilities that it was built by non terrestrial beings is more possible than built by ancient humans.

For some reason you feel identified when I poke "scientistszzz" in the ribs...do you?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Of course Im being sarcastic glansprune. The religion "scientistszzz" follow, is the science of religion. They are doctrinated just like priests. Everything for the is either black or white. Absolute. Just like the inquisition. You either beilieve on them or not. If you don't you're a whacko.

We are - I don't remember be indoctrinated at all - perhaps we should ask Byrd as she is in the 'process' now. If they are all indoctrinated why do they constantly disagree with one another? The people involved tended not to disagree with one another - especially in the open, on paper, continuously. How do you explain that?

Of course Gobekli T-P is real. But as long as no modern human replicate it with a stone tool, the probabilities that it was built by non terrestrial beings is more possible than built by ancient humans.

Ah Eagleclaw the stone work at GT is not particularly difficult to make - many cultures made similar and better stone carvings - in historic times, what makes GT interesting is it early date and possible meaning. Why would aliens comes to earth and put up stones, using crude methods??

For some reason you feel identified when I poke "scientistszzz" in the ribs...do you?

I was once a scientist and identify with them; as you have a very ignorant fringe stereotypical view of them, I find it necessary to come clean up the mess after you make stuff up.....lol

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

We are - I don't remember be indoctrinated at all - perhaps we should ask Byrd as she is in the 'process' now. If they are all indoctrinated why do they constantly disagree with one another? The people involved tended not to disagree with one another - especially in the open, on paper, continuously. How do you explain that?

Your indoctrinated nature is the cause of your blindness. Wake up. There is a world out there. A world where everything is possible. Every single thing thaty could have happened, indeed could have happened. Not because a nerd said is not possible, means is impossible. Perhaps you cannot be saved.

Ah Eagleclaw the stone work at GT is not particularly difficult to make - many cultures made similar and better stone carvings - in historic times, what makes GT interesting is it early date and possible meaning. Why would aliens comes to earth and put up stones, using crude methods??

Simple task: Build it to prove it. No need for more words. And as far as why aliens using crude methods? Well thats another consequence of the indoctrination. Those crude methods actually show even more advanced technology. And the reason is this: If we go to mars to build a base, what we do. We carry all the necessary equipment to deploy and build a base on Mars. That takes a huge amount of cargo, tons and tons of supply. Billions of dollars in investment. What would be a better practical solution? BUILD THE BASE ON MARS WITH MARS MATERIALS. That means build it with Martian rocks, melted together if possible. It would be indestructible. Why we don't do it? BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THAT TECHNOLOGY. There is a reason why pyramids have been standing for thousands of years. Machu Pichu has been standing for thousands of years. The Moai's at eastern island have been there for thousands of years and so on. What moderns humans have build that can stand for thousands of years? Nothing. Of course you're gonna argue with your indoctrinated religion that we do it on purpose that way because we are the # and we control the universe.

I was once a scientist and identify with them; as you have a very ignorant fringe stereotypical view of them, I find it necessary to come clean up the mess after you make stuff up.....lol

If you "were" i suggest going to a rehab center.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your indoctrinated nature is the cause of your blindness. Wake up. There is a world out there. A world where everything is possible.

Of course there is a world out and we use science to make sense of it. Sadly while many things are possible some are not. Example please go back in time and remove the sentence you wrote above and remove it from the memory of every person who has read it.......let me know when you accomplish that...lol, I'd say that at this moment in time that is not possible what do you think? Or i think it is impossible for you in the next 5 minutes to travel and return with a piece of the core of Alpha Centauri AB held in your naked right hand.

Every single thing thaty could have happened, indeed could have happened. Not because a nerd said is not possible, means is impossible. Perhaps you cannot be saved.

Scientist explain why things happen. Their voicing an opinion has no affect on the real world - science knows that - do you?

Simple task: Build it to prove it.

Oh my what a simplistic world view, so nothing exists if we cannot duplicate it? We cannot believe the Roman's build a huge road network unless we build exactly the same thing? That Vasco de Gama couldn't have gone to India unless we build his ship and do it? Or that man couldn't have hunted and killed Mammoths - unless we go out and do it? How about the Parthenon - do we have rebuild that to to make you happy? lol

No need for more words. And as far as why aliens using crude methods? Well thats another consequence of the indoctrination. Those crude methods actually show even more advanced technology.

Sure show evidence of that....

And the reason is this: If we go to mars to build a base, what we do. We carry all the necessary equipment to deploy and build a base on Mars. That takes a huge amount of cargo, tons and tons of supply. Billions of dollars in investment. What would be a better practical solution? BUILD THE BASE ON MARS WITH MARS MATERIALS. That means build it with Martian rocks, melted together if possible. It would be indestructible. Why we don't do it? BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THAT TECHNOLOGY.

You appear to know nothing about the construction techniques used in making GT I would suggest you go read the site reports...sheeesh, making stuff up doesn't work when we have evidence to the contrary

There is a reason why pyramids have been standing for thousands of years. Machu Pichu has been standing for thousands of years The Moai's at eastern island have been there for thousands of years and so on.

Sorry dude; you got some stuff wrong, yep the pyramids are there - because they are built of limestone, Machu was build just 600 years ago and the Moai haven't been there for thousands of years either, 800 at most...

What moderns humans have build that can stand for thousands of years? Nothing. Of course you're gonna argue with your indoctrinated religion that we do it on purpose that way because we are the # and we control the universe.

Sorry I'm an atheist - you might want to wait a few thousands of year before stating whether our stuff will not stand for long time. On wait you like to make stuff up and act like it is real, okay. You might want to consider the concrete used in fortifications, dams and other construction that will last thousands if not tens of thousands of years, bricks too. Some of the stuff we have sent into space will last millions of years - long after the pyramids are eroded to nothing.

If you "were" i suggest going to a rehab center.

No need, I can learn to think and write 'thickly' by reading your stuff, lol
edit on 15/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Of course there is a world out and we use science to make sense of it. Sadly while many things are possible some are not. Example please go back in time and remove the sentence you wrote above and remove it from the memory of every person who has read it.......let me know when you accomplish that...lol, I'd say that at this moment in time that is not possible what do you think? Or i think it is impossible for you in the next 5 minutes to travel and return with a piece of the core of Alpha Centauri AB held in your naked right hand.

I am used to deal with religious fanatics. You are right. It is impossible. But you forgot to short key words "for me" It is impossible for me to do. Is it impossible at all? No. Mathematics don't lie. But for you, an indoctrinated victim, it is. We are lucky we had some "out of the box" brains in the past like Einstein, Tesla who thought everything IS possible.

Scientist explain why things happen. Their voicing an opinion has no affect on the real world - science knows that - do you?

Oh really! no #. They explain why things happen after it happens. LOL. So it is impossible until it happens. What a brilliant brain! So I can easily wash my hands now and predict that walking on Mars on a space suit is impossible. Once we make it, I will brilliantly explain why it is possible....bwahahaha...."sientistszzz" are like drive by media...

Oh my what a simplistic world view, so nothing exists if we cannot duplicate it? We cannot believe the Roman's build a huge road network unless we build exactly the same thing? That Vasco de Gama couldn't have gone to India unless we build his ship and do it? Or that man couldn't have hunted and killed Mammoths - unless we go out and do it? How about the Parthenon - do we have rebuild that to to make you happy? lol

No. Is the opposite. Everything DOES exist. Yes we can believe the Romans because we still use that technology today. We believe Vasco da Gamma because we still use ships. But based on the "scientistszzz" brain, why then we are not building out own pyramids with a shizle and a stone? It would be cheaper and stronger.

Sure show evidence of that....

And the reason is this: If we go to mars to build a base, what we do. We carry all the necessary equipment to deploy and build a base on Mars. That takes a huge amount of cargo, tons and tons of supply. Billions of dollars in investment. What would be a better practical solution? BUILD THE BASE ON MARS WITH MARS MATERIALS. That means build it with Martian rocks, melted together if possible. It would be indestructible. Why we don't do it? BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THAT TECHNOLOGY.

Sorry dude; you got some stuff wrong, yep the pyramids are there - because they are built of limestone, Machu was build just 600 years ago and the Moai haven't been there for thousands of years either, 800 at most...

Nope. Not accurate. The "modern" part of Machu Pichu was built around 600 years ago. The base of it, written in their own words, was built by a civilization before them, who they call "star brothers" The "modern" part has been falling apart with time, but the base, megalithic stones, have been there since who knows when. Perhaps you know better from your religious manuscripts.

Sorry I'm an atheist - you might want to wait a few thousands of year before stating whether our stuff will not stand for long time. On wait you like to make stuff up and act like it is real, okay. You might want to consider the concrete used in fortifications, dams and other construction that will last thousands if not tens of thousands of years, bricks too. Some of the stuff we have sent into space will last millions of years - long after the pyramids are eroded to nothing.

Hey Einstein. First, there is no erotion in Space. Second, it is proven how weak is our concrete fortified construction to earthquakes over time. Earthquakes create tiny cracks in the structure that allow mold and vegetation to grow from humidity. Expanding and weakening the structure to the point that it collapses itself in 20-40 years. The only reason we don't see that is because we maintain every structure every day. The ancient structures that were molded and shaped directly from raw Earth materials, don't need that maintenance. They stand by themselves for thousands of years.

No need, I can learn to think and write 'thickly' by reading your stuff, lol

Well, if you're learning, that is a tiny sign that you still have time to study about the real world.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eaglecall

Tesla who thought everything IS possible.

Really, quote please. I would remind you that in a world where everything is possible one of the possibilities is that some things aren’t .....

Scientist use theories to make predictions; if the prediction turns out right the theory may be correct. As I said before but you seemed to have great difficulty in understanding so I will say it slower; what scientists SAY has no effect on the real world

No. Is the opposite. Everything DOES exist. Yes we can believe the Romans because we still use that technology today. We believe Vasco da Gamma because we still use ships. But based on the "scientistszzz" brain, why then we are not building out own pyramids with a shizle and a stone? It would be cheaper and stronger.

What is a shizle by the way? Do you mean a chisel? We don’t build pyramids because we don’t need them and we certainly wouldn’t use the obsolete way the Ancient did

BUILD THE BASE ON MARS WITH MARS MATERIALS. That means build it with Martian rocks, melted together if possible. It would be indestructible. Why we don't do it? BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THAT TECHNOLOGY.

Sure we do its called concrete – you should get out more…we could also just compress the Martian soil but that a bit to simple

The base of it, written in their own words, was built by a civilization before them, who they call "star brothers" The "modern" part has been falling apart with time, but the base, megalithic stones, have been there since who knows when. Perhaps you know better from your religious manuscripts.

Evidence? I ask knowing full this will be answered by a heavy plop of woo....lol

First, there is no erotion in Space.

I would hope so - it can smell a bag of ...well ya know, lol

Second, it is proven how weak is our concrete fortified construction to earthquakes over time. Earthquakes create tiny cracks in the structure that allow mold and vegetation to grow from humidity. Expanding and weakening the structure to the point that it collapses itself in 20-40 years.

Lol, I guess you haven’t heard of the Pantheon? Ste-Sophie? Concrete and doing rather well. An we also have this high technology stuff called bricks ---- they tend to last a long time too, lol

The only reason we don't see that is because we maintain every structure every day. The ancient structures that were molded and shaped directly from raw Earth materials, don't need that maintenance. They stand by themselves for thousands of years.

Its obvious you haven’t been to the pyramids – they are badly damaged only there mass and size makes them look in better shape than they are – it was an earthquake that knocked the cladding off the pyramids – so it would seem they are not earthquake proof as you think and a number of them have collapsed – like the pyramid at medium, you should get out more and take a look at the real world – its far more interesting that fringe websites, oh and most pyramids were (in the Middle-east) made of mud brick which is a 'earth' material, these structures are now shapeless mounds....lol

The pantheon was left unrepaired for over a thousand years, its doing fine

Ah and at that we have gone way outside the OP so if you wish to continue this conversation start another thread. You can call it 'Eagleclaw explains the REAL world and not the Scientistzzzz world'. LOL
edit on 18/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join