It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS site problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anyone else having problems with ATS fully loading? I started having this problem yesterday. Seems that the whole page isn't loading.

I can read posts but can see no pictures, flags, buttons etc. Really hard to post.

I'm using firefox and have no problem with any other website. This is the only one that is constantly loading.

Any suggestions?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm using firefox right now and it's working absoloutely fine for me so i dout it's that, Although every now and then ATS does seem to slow down for no reason what so ever.

It isn't incrdeibly slow but it's slow enough to become slightly annoying but after a while it just goes normal again weirdly enough.

Still not 100% why it does this though sadly.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No, not having that problem now, though I was having difficulty yesterday...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Im running Win7/IE8 and I have had no problems.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
When I am not logged in I cannot see stars and flags. Maybe you had not logged in yet?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

I'm logged in. Just strange how I had no problem Friday but did once I logged in Saturday.

May have to switch to explorer or opera till it irons itself out.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've been having a wierd problem with cookies. I use firefox and opera and it tells me to enable cookies in both of them. They're enabled and accepting from ATS but in opera it still wont work and it only works with firefox if i get to the login screen and then refresh the screen.

Quite perplexing

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I have notice a slow down and have quit view ATS for almost two weeks. I just gave you a Flag and it took me 1min 55 seconds to recover and see my Flag. I too used Firefox and only ATS is problematic on my network of PC's.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Using AdBlock? Disable it and reload the page. AdBlock blocks some elements that you want to appear.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Opera used to do that all the time when I used it, but I have no issues with Firefox at all. I have Firefox set up though so I see no ads and no webpage scripts are run unless I set it to allow them to, so only the essentials load up. It's quite useful, but at times, my IP protection software blocks malicious IP's from ATS when loading a page. I use AdBlock and NoScript with FF with no problems.

Anyways, I certainly won't be switching to IE; it's a security nightmare and probably one of the least secure browsers out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A lot of these problems might be due to ad blockers.

We don't pay for the privilege of membership here, so the site has to be supported with 3rd party advertising. ...Just disable the blocks for this site.

If the ads really bug you, build your post count. No ads after a certain level.

- sofi

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

What puzzles me is that I haven't changed anything.

Maybe it is just a temporary thing.

Thanks for the replies.

top topics

join