It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's powerful speech at CPAC. - must watch!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Oh and btw, maybe you guys havn't noticed because America is full of fakeness and you have already grown acostum to it, but when i look at Beck I see a back stabbing actor trying to be a hero.
I hope you Americans see this too.

Nope, didn't see it in the speech. What in the speech represents an actor backstabbing, while trying to be a hero?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So many words, so little content.

I love how on one hand he is against government organized help for companies, yet on the other he complains about how the little man has been left behind. All he does is spew meaningless buzzwords.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VenusOnTheHalfShell
Jebus H. Cripes, even an idiot can give a speech. Yea, I believe what Beck says. Sure I do.

Judge the facts of what he says in the speech. True or not true? Or do you not have an adequate foundation for judging this?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by peponastick
Beck is twisting history and trying to blame communist/progressives for all our problems. Notice he doesn't mention the CENTRAL BANKS which is the reason we are in trouble.

Maybe you can go on Beck's re-education tour this spring. And frankly I'm tired of him assuming americans know nothing about REAL history. He treats his audience like they are 5 years old.

With your contrary knowledge, tell us an example of Beck twisting history in his speech. And, btw, he most certainly did call out the Fed. More importantly he put blame on politicians, of BOTH parties for racking up the debt thru out-of-control spending. If we weren't spending more than what we are producing, we wouldn't be beholding to the banksters.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

My beef with Beck is that his arguments rely on constitutionalism. It's hard to tell if he's totally ignorant of the facts or knows and is ignoring them regarding the constitution. The constitution undermined the citizenry from the outset and the "founding fathers" were to blame. Beside those minuscule items he's right on.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I absorbed the following from reading it.

A couple of you actually watched the whole speech, many watched bits of it, some watched none of it yet participated with vigor.

Some claiming to be conservative are not. You can not criticize success and be conservative.

Many of you directly oppose free speech. You only tolerate speech you approve of.

Some are not here to discuss, you are here to attempt to force your idea's on others by ridiculing their beliefs. No debate, just ridicule and trollish remarks.

One of you has an obsessive grudge against Glen Becks religion and are wrongly judging him by giving in to whatever thorn you have in your side.

Now if this were a worthwhile thread, which it could have been, you would all be dissecting his words and debating their merit. You would be checking the facts to see if he is being honest. You would point out when he is right as well as when he is wrong. Then this would thread could have great value.

If anyone cares, here is the short version of what he said, paraphrased of course.

- Both Parties are out of control, spending and expanding government at an unsustainable rate.

- Both Parties are ignoring history and its lessons, to our detriment.

- The only real solution is to pull up our sleeves, get spending under control and we may as citizens have to sacrifice to rebuild.

- He is for lower taxes and smaller government.

- He is opposed to government handouts as they do more harm than good.

- He is a Constitutionalist and believes in it fully.

- He believes we are in the beginning of the economic collapse and the worst is yet to come, so we must start taking action right now.

- He believes America is just starting and this is just a bump in the road that we can overcome.

That pretty much sums it up. That is what you are responding to.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Beck does what he does for profit.

In 2008 he made over $23 million.
In 2009 he made even more.

So, again, nothing about whether the facts he stated are TRUE or NOT true. Because he makes money, he must be a liar...
It sounds like you have not bothered, nor seem motivated, to educate yourself about what is true or not true, and are content to cower in ignorance.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Again, these are not "progressive" policies. You need to look up the progressive movement. It began in the late 1800's with the founding of the Populist Party. The most famous progressives were Republicans. "Progressivism" is not what is driving the debt up. Bush borrowed money, Clinton borrowed money, Regan borrowed massive amounts yet, I don't see Beck blasting their policy. This is "pick and choosism".

WATCH THE VIDEO>

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I wonder were all the hate for Glen beck comes form? I can understand the progressive hate. But what about the people that basically think the same way? Could some one that holds his views but hates the man please explain it to me. And to all you progressive nut jobs your play at power is almost over jump off the ship while it is still above the water line.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I wonder were all the hate for Glen beck comes form? I can understand the progressive hate. But what about the people that basically think the same way? Could some one that holds his views but hates the man please explain it to me. And to all you progressive nut jobs your play at power is almost over jump off the ship while it is still above the water line.

As you say, apart from the rout progressive/liberal backlash, I am wondering whether it comes from inadequate education. By this I mean lack of knowledge and more important lack of motivation to acquire knowledge. It seems like folks have no foundation for knowing what they believe and why they believe it. So along comes a thoughtful speech of powerful conviction and some folks are overhwelmed, confused, and cowered by the intensity of it...and have no idea how to respond other than to conclude it's all gibberish.

edit typo

[edit on 22-2-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Glen Beck's hero is Ronald Reagan? .... The man who destroyed the Republican party, implemented Reaganomics.. which today persist in destroying our financial strength?

Sometimes I love what he says. Sometimes it seems like he pulls it out of his ass.. and sometimes it simply makes no sense what so ever.

Anyways.

GO RON PAUL!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Go to video #2...about 1:25 into the video....

"And I love Dick Cheney" -Beck

That's when I stopped watching, and I usually have an open mind when watching people I don't necessarily like.

I won't watch any more after that.

Better luck next time Glenn...Neocon

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Glen Beck's hero is Ronald Reagan? .... The man who destroyed the Republican party, implemented Reaganomics.. which today persist in destroying our financial strength?

Sometimes I love what he says. Sometimes it seems like he pulls it out of his ass.. and sometimes it simply makes no sense what so ever.

Anyways.

GO RON PAUL!

I agree, "Go Ron Paul!" One thing though... it's funny how you can dismiss a man that even Ron Paul holds up to high esteem..... Ronald Regan. The man demolished the campaign against Carter by taking 49 out of 50 states. He killed in his re-election and for good measure (to my disliking) his vice president became president.... seems like the people of that time period loved Regan so much that they elected Bush 41 to follow him. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Carter that gave us the gas lines and massive runaway inflation? Didn't Regan clean that mess up?

And to all the Beck haters, grow up. You all say the same things that you said on my thread "Glenn Beck Exposes Progressives.... Your Chavez is Showing". It's just a torch and pickfork party for you guys who don't even contribute but rather waist space on these threads. I'm not saying you have to agree with the guy but contribute a little better than with "He uses vasoline to cry" which was true for the photo op on "Arguing with Idiots"... just look at the back cover of the book to see what I'm talking about. Or how about "He is promoting Goldline so he can make more money.... which is greedy!" Oh the humanity! A guy is making extra money on the side to make a commercial! Someone call the communism cops because we have a CAPITALIST on our hands!!! HELP!!! ... Give me a break, seriously. Here's another one, "He works for Fox News so he's a Republican shill and is scripted." ....If he was scripted, he'd be painting a picture of gold for the republicans seeing that Fox News is a republican leaning network. He constantly tells his viewers and listeners that he's becoming more and more LIBERTARIAN by the day. Oh, and here's another argument, "His 9-12 tea party movement is just a bunch of t-bagger redneck racists who are mad that a black man is president." ....First off, the tea party movement didn't start with Glenn Beck, it started with Ron Paul (modern tea party... not the 1775 tea party) and his 2008 presidential bid.

Point is, no one wants to hear or cares to hear about Beck being mormon, on Fox News, visine in the eyes, goldline client, or a tea party racist. What we want to hear about is how well his speech was at the CPAC.

True, I hate when he bashes 9-11 truthers and I don't like how he handled Medina in Texas as well but that won't cause me to stop watching the show. One disagreement won't make me hate the dude.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a subversive Neocon pretending to have Libertarian views.

Not gonna encourage him. Period. End of Story.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Reagan believed in UFO's.

Let's run this by every republican and conservative that mentions his name, or harkens back to the Reagan Presidency and see what they think. Unless they are on board with that, why believe anything else he says?

They should be first in line to call for DISCLOSURE or must in fairness discount everything Reagan said as suspect and coming from a deluded mind that entertains incredible and impossible fantasy.

www.americanchronicle.com...
excerpt s from Nov 2 2007 American Chronicle: Presidential UFO's - Ronald Reagan to back Kucinich? By Brendan Burton

1) [“Presidential candidate Dennis J. Kucinich came right out and admitted.. ... more people in USA have seen a UFO than approve a GW Bush Presidency.”]

2)[” ...this isn't the first time Reagan has been connected to UFO / ET matters either...There are some intriguing records...conversation with Steven Spielberg..... at private screening of 'ET - "the President leaned over, clapped Spielberg on the shoulder, and commented; "You know, there aren’t six people in this room who know how true this really is."]”

3)[“ And, of course, The General Assembly of the United Nations on September 21, 1987, when the President said that,
"in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.
"I occasionally think," continued Reagan, "how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask" -- here comes the clincher -- "is not an alien force ALREADY among us?" The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement by posing a second question: "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"]”

So does this make Reagan worshipers and Conservatives like Glen Beck all simply wacko by such devout regard for a person who believes in little green men?

Unless or until ET's and UFO's are accepted as factual we should agree references to a nut like Reagan are off limits

Doesn't this "preposterous" assumption (while it remains a preposterous assumption) work to nullify not only Ronald Reagan's but Glenn Becks and all the rest of their credibility as well???

[edit on 22-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
That speech is only "powerful" if your brain is barely funtioning.

GB is just a shock jock who figured out that he can get more fans playing populist political prop than simply pressing the fart button.

this is the real GB:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Ron Paul holds up to high esteem.....

Which is weird too, considering that the two politically have little in common. Ron Paul doesn't like deficit spending for instance, Reagan inflated our deficit to historic levels. Paul is an isolationist, Reagan believed it our duty to police the World. I think politicians stick to certain individuals because people like them, or think they like them, and so it's good to be associated with them. For instance.. mccain AND Obama both hold Reagan to high regards.

The man demolished the campaign against Carter by taking 49 out of 50 states.

Carter was one of our most unpopular presidents of all time..

Reagan was an ACTOR.
It would be like a brad pitt running for President, he'd probably win.

seems like the people of that time period loved Regan so much that they elected Bush 41 to follow him.

1. Republicans did have a larger voting base after the catastrophe that was the 70's. Reagan actually had a very low approval rating through out his presidency, especially toward the end of his second term.

Didn't Regan clean that mess up?

HELL NO!??! .. Carter was just a goober, who had little grasp on reality (and seems to have lost some since then) .. his international diplomacy and economic handling is why he was a failed President.

Reagan declared economic war on the Soviet Union, the first one to go bankrupt wins. We won. And we took a massive, ever inflating deficit with us.. not to mention the exporting of manufacturing also began under Carter/Reagan/Bush years.

And to all the Beck haters, grow up.

I don't hate him at all.. I thought his speech was awesome, I agreed with 90% of it. I don't like some things he says, some of the times.. and I don't like him being associated with Libertarians AND Republicans.. because the two do not mix well.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have to ask anyone who's reply to the OP implied that the content of this speech is irrelevant simply because Glen Beck delivered it. Regardless whether it was Glen Beck or Mr. Huckabee, the content should have been received with a sense of validity. Most of the posted replies were not receptive to Glen Beck's delivery of his speech because he makes his money through his broadcasts. What exactly is the issue with that? Yes, he gets paid , and paid well for his show(s)... does that then dictate that he has no passion for his cause? Let me ask you, let's say you're the guy who attatches the bristles to the toilet bowl brushes, if your boss were to tell you, Mr. Subordinate, we are giving you a promotion. You are now going to be our district manager of 3 manufacturing plants. The title and all of the responsibility and liability that go with it are now yours, also, you will be receiving a very large raise in pay grade. Are you going to tell him, Oh no sir, the title and responsibility are enough, or, take the raise? I choose door #2. Why does it make Glen Beck a villain to make money in the manner he has chosen? He has a following, he has talent, and he does rake in the ratings. FOX should pay him well. If you want High quality talent, you have to have a competitive pay grade. Maybe he's the villain because he accepts his salary? Would you turn it down? Some one called it exploitation...c'mon.. really partner? He isn't involed in any government affiliated decision making, he isn't parading angy people off of the sidewalks on his show... he began his line of work out of passion, how is this exploitation? And exactly what/who do you feel has/is being exploited?

That said, I am not a Glen Beck fan. I have listened to his show on the radio lately, and he speaks to the people. He has alot of passion about his cause, you have to respect that. Yes, there are exagerations in his rants, I agree 100%. Can anyone here give me advice on where to find a news source that doesn't spin one way or the other? I am looking for one myself. Seems the problem with news broadcasts or news affiliated shows like Mr.Beck's, is that they are delivered by people. People who will always have their own opinion, their own perception of who,what,why,when, and where. No getting around that. I'll tell you this though, if any one of the candidate prospects are willing to nut up, and take a similar stance as Glen did in his speech, and show a little bit of passion, maybe my belief in change can be restored.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
All I have to say is, if that was powerful, the GOP are screwed in November.

Sorry.

It' was a bitch slap.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join