It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's powerful speech at CPAC. - must watch!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Beck is a joke.

Hes two-faced and lies all the time. He has said he supported Ron Paul before, then soon after says that he and his supporters are domestic terrorists. He is establishment scum.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
OK, I'm going to come right out and say it, I didn't read every reply in this topic so if this was covered already then so be it. I did, however, read some on the front page and realize that this needs to be said.

For those of you who can watch this speech and come out and all you can say is "Glenn Beck is a tool" or "He doesn't really give a damn" then you are blinder then the rest.

Some people are so hell bent on desecrating a man that they are blind to everything that he may say. Glenn Beck, sadly, is guilty by association to most people due to his association with Fox News, but that is no reason to discredit these man's words.

This speech was amazing and you could feel the emotion coming from Beck. I have seen him caught in lies in the past, but that does not mean that he is not legitimately trying to help this country. I had my doubts before but after this speech I now know where Glenn Beck stands.

If there are those that will continue to crucify him due to his allegiances, or simply based on one of his beliefs, then so be it. However, any freedom fighter out there that can't stand and feel connected to his words in this speech - is no freedom fighter. They are blind and deaf to reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Nice response friend.

I see the correlation between the way Beck is being treated as Ron Paul gets treated now and in the past.

Attack attack attack the messenger, not the message!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by angrymomma

Its almost like there are people on this site that get paid to shoot down any ideas of conservatism.

Kind of like Beck gets paid to promote it.

or perhaps that many people hate him that passionately? he fear mongers and lies for a tv station that thrives on twisting the truth to suit their interests, is it really that surprising that you'd make a thread about glenn beck and people would hate on it?

L-O-L

anyway

I'm sure if I wasted my time watching this video, I wouldn't be impressed by this person he's trying to be. you can't be apart of the problem then suddenly not be. I wouldn't put it past him that there is some kind of angle.

however, I'll look for a transcript and post if I change my mind about this.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Amen. I have never been so sick of people who think that others owe them a living. We all have to work hard. There are no free lunches and saddly we have a governmnet that thinks the fruits of my hard work belong to someone who choses to not work or try to better their station in life.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A good powerfull speech by Glenn Beck.One of the things i think i will never fully understand is the total hate for this man from liberals.Considering the fact how i feel about news people like Maddow,Schultz, and Olbermann i can understand people not liking Beck.But to read some posts here and especially liberal sites like Huffpo, you would think Beck is in a position to do every horrible thing liberals have falsely accused him of doing, or wanting to do.

At the end of the day he is just an entertainer with a lot of opinion and a lot of facts.Some things he gets right, some wrong, and sometimes he is hypocritical.If he has the power to do so much harm as liberals would like us to think, then presumably so does just about anybody with a news/opinion show.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I think we need a few more "Tools" to stand up and speak for us. We have stoodby and allowed liberals and marxis jerks to take away our way of life, taxing us beyong reason, taking away freedoms, making laws for us that they themselves will not adhear to, trash our constitution, and MUCH more. Now they want to redistribute our wealth, take our access to medical care and really smart people like you just do not want any "tools" to talk about it. We need to wake up as a nation, take our country back from the Nancy Ps., Harry Reeds, and Obamas, not to mention the Barny Franks that are linning their pockets while stealing from the American people. Maybe you should listen to some of the "tools" out there and learn a little bit. And no, it is not just Glenn's employees who do the work for him. He does much of the research himself. That is why he in not caught with his head up his butt when the facts come out. He is correct on his information.. That my friend is why the President and his Cazars do not respond.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Never have.

Re-read my original post again. I am clearly backing his stance in the videos.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Wow, Havoc, thank you very much.
This was a tremendous speech for our times.
Absolulutely superb IMO.
For those of you wanting some highlights, here's a few things I recall:

--Well delivered with great conviction and force, mostly without notes, and very humorous and engaging.
--A superb summary of Conservative thought.
--Hard-hitting criticism of the character of politicians, Bush's over-the-top spending, the malaize of the GOP, and a historic overview of the harm of incrimetal progressivism/liberalism movement -- peppered with comparisons of American political behavior with Tiger Wood's national apology.
--Interwoven with Beck's description of his alcoholism, upbringing, and episode of "hitting bottom" 15 yrs ago, which he uses effectively to make points regarding personal responsibility, the greatness of the Constitution, and current dire problems in the USA.
--Highly effective ID of the Nation's problems of spending and debt and a brief overview of the chainof events of similar issues pre-WWII. "You will find the answers in history."
--Ends with a great call to action...grow a spine..stand against the politicans.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Before you scream at me look at this...www.pathtofreedom.com...
Tell me what you think. It isn't a Tea Party group as far as I know but they seem to have some good ideas.
I am interested myself and I am about as liberal as they come. Of course you should worry about your family. Survival is a common theme and not for the same reasons as you but I also think we should all be concerned about that.

What you are worried about everyone is also worried about even if just a little bit in the back of their mind but "you gotta be strong and you gotta stay together" like that song says. Spiraling out of control - Not good.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I'm not sure which is worse, a government that exploits its people, or a tool like Beck who exploits people for ratings and financial gain by jumping on any controversial issue, sensationalizing it, fear-mongering, and/or anything that draws a large audience.

Stop feeding this tool, he's getting FAT and quickly losing what little independent intelligence he once had.

He was better when he was just plain funny and stupid.

His production staff writes most of his material. Do you actually believe these are his own words and/or thoughts?

I am bewildered at what you are saying and that you have a bouquet of stars for it.
Have you all watched the videos?
I do not have a tv and only know of Beck by others mentioning him..good and bad...as I have never seen his show. So what is your opinion of THIS speech?
I have not heard anything else in recent memory that represents truth with conviction. Out on the limb, laying in the line as it exists, today.
And yes, it was humorous...But if you prefer "stupid" with your "funny", this is not the speech for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join