It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's powerful speech at CPAC. - must watch!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Jebus H. Cripes, even an idiot can give a speech. Political boneheads throughiut our lifetime have done this, saying one thing and doing another. It's all about winning and controlling hearts and minds. Beck has 2 faces, double speaks, and entertains the right sided masses for the benefit of Rupert Murdoch, who is merely a communications pawn of the globalist elite controllers. Yea, I believe what Beck says. Sure I do.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A s&f for pointing this out to me. I watch the MSM frequently, but was somehow unaware this took place.

Yes, Glen is lots about entertaining, but he is motivating! There are motivational speakers out there that would charge you $120.00 to see them, and this guy is (almost) free several times daily!

You don't have to agree with his points to be motivated. Actually if you strongly disagree with his politics he should be even more motivational to you!

That said, I find myself in agreement with him more than not.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just saying Glen Beck is one of the reasons why people rise a brow at conspiracies (AKA people on ATS). In fact the image Beck portrays is tarnishing the whole "new government" movement. Sure he says things which are agreeable from time to time but overall he's killing what most ATSers stand for in a way which it seems he agrees with us.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Ominousbeing]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Silly Americans. People like Glen and Ron are just there to distract your attention from the real problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Feeding this tool?

This TOOL is what is explaining to most Americans what going on!
Regardless of political party affiliation!

That tool is a hypocrite. He did coc aine, and spoke on the radio about how much he hated rednecks and mormons until he realized he could make up hateful, fearmongering nonsense and the rednecks would give him their money. Now, he loves rednecks because they do not know how to use the internet to look up the things he used to say and do.

He's an ignorant, college dropout idiot - he sold his soul to Fox and has never looked back. Keep giving him your money and attention - that's exactly what he wants.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Ok.
People.

I never said I 'loved' Glenn Beck.
I never said 'BUY GOLD'.

This speech stands out because this guy is telling Americans what they need to know. PROGRESSIVISM IS WRONG.

The speech stands out because you agree with him and you think everyone should think just like you - a neocon. Unfortunately, if you want a poster boy, I suggest you choose someone who is not a former coke head dropout. I find anything he says as compelling as the hobo outside the courthouse yelling about the end of the world. That hobo probably finished high school though.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I wanted to point out something that truly annoys me. "Progressivism" refers to a VERY old political movement that has little bearing on today's political scene.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pelosi and Reid are not progressives. Neither is Obama. The most famous progressives were actually Republicans from pre 1930's America.

(to Andrewh7, I am well aware you were not insinuating that, just wanted to add to what you were saying on that note)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Glenn Beck is nothing more than a shill, an opiate of the peasant working class, one that is force-feeding the love of the American dream and capitalism while expounding upon the suffering and death of the masses as something good. He is a master at making the victims of the elite actually appreciate, and embrace the gross inequality and abuse that they face on a day to day basis. To happily march every day to our corporate dictatorships as we toil away to barely ink out a sustainable living. All along his little journey, he is profiting handsomely.

--DJM8507

That was a beautifully accurate description man.

I don't care if Glen Beck was able to articulate the difficulties facing us and the necessary solutions better than Jefferson or Franklin could were they alive, because as an another poster stated, the man is a snake. Why do I say that? DJM8507 said it very well. Not to mention that Beck has been called out for lying on what is getting to be a regular basis. And he responds with even more dishonesty when confronted. His appearance on the View was pretty telling.

Of course, I support Beck's right to do his shtick and the rights of his followers, fans and supporters to believe everything he says. But I wonder though if they would reciprocate by allowing me to say I think he's a huckster and a hundred years ago he would have been touring the mid-west with a big tent and choir, holding holy ghost revivals, and that he would have been just as sincere as he is now, which is to say his ribs are probably continuously bruised from laughter at his flock.

Reading a speech written by Hawking does not make me a physics expert. No matter how true Beck's points in his speech may be, his behavior in the recent past still determines the type of person he is.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Aircow]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe Obama has another dinner date with the Republicans. He needs new instructions. Anyone else notice the democrats having a super majority in congress only to see Obama constantly looking to the republicans for the ok to pass anything? If you have not woken up by now you never will. It's all a show to fool the idiots of America and we got plenty of them. ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Beck is dangerous. He is constantly preaching fear and subliminally saying someone should take the President out. He has lost all his sponsers in the U.K. and many have been backing out in the States as well. It just takes one nut for Beck to motivate for something bad to happen. Hence the reason the sponsers are leaving.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is like a neocon version of Alex Jones, only he's far more manipulative in his approach. He'll talk like a conservative on one hand and then support new taxes on the American people. It reminds me of Ann Coulter, who I think is a lot more intelligent than the people who buy her books. He/she will say anything for a dollar and ratings.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
he is a gifted speaker, to say the least.

beck certainly isn't the problem. the problem is the people who just refuse to educate themselves and expect to receive the answers to their questions at a 3 hour convention somewhere.
and there were certainly a lot of people of this sort at this convention. they were mostly the screamers..

good speech by beck nonetheless.

S & F

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I disagree. Beck operates in the marketplace of ideas. If you say things people like in a way that they like, you can make some serious cash. He is no different than a Michael Moore or an Al Gore. He just says different stuff. I don't like a lot of the stuff that any of those guys put out. But if people want to pay money to watch their movies or listen to their speeches or whatever, go to it. I don't see what is wrong with that. Those guys are just doing what we do here but getting paid for it. Actually, I am kind of envious of anyone who can make a living giving opinions.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is a Neocon who loves the wars, was for the bailouts untill after the bailout bill was passed and called Ron Paul "crazy kooky guy while he was running for President. He outrageously called Ron Paul supporters "terrorists." He recently said truthers in the Obama administration are going to kill the President. He is a Judas goat who will talk truths to reel you in but his task is to drive the tea party movement into a ditch. What I heard of his speech was all ideology and no policy. He is a snake. You listen to him and you will get what you deserve.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-2-2010 by EndtheFed]

[edit on 21-2-2010 by EndtheFed]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pure Communism = Pure Democracy.

Communism requires revolutions meaning that pure democracy requires revolutions.

There was never "Pure Communism" and we don't think that there will ever be one.

Thus Pure Democracy will never exist because mankind is stupid and will never accept equality.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If you're going to follow a nutcase just because his facts are legit and he tells the truth about this worldwide conspiracy....follow Alex Jones instead.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've been intrigued by GB over the past year, and as a self-described moderate I thought he raised some good food for thought in the first few months of his show. With this speech, however, he has announced his new position as an official spokesperson for the Republican Party.

Also..."I love Dick Cheney." ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? There aren't many more blatant paradoxes than wanting to better America for the good of its people and having any respect for that man.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by havok

Glenn Beck, a self confessed Entertainer, torpedeoed Medina's campaign

because she supported the Free Speech of Truthers.

His real reason was to ensure Perry a victory.

By the Way, Beck showed HE was a 911 Truther previously.

Beck is a snake.

I completely agree. This is what makes me sick. He gives excellent info, tells the sleeping (now waking) masses whats up....then does a complete 180 when he started (and has continued) to blast Medina!

She should be right up his (and our) ally!

I no longer defend him. I regret that he has given in to ego and possibly greed.

Dammit Beck! I really miss you son. You really used to be a class act.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I'm not sure which is worse, a government that exploits its people, or a tool like Beck who exploits people for ratings and financial gain by jumping on any controversial issue, sensationalizing it, fear-mongering, and/or anything that draws a large audience.

Stop feeding this tool, he's getting FAT and quickly losing what little independent intelligence he once had.

He was better when he was just plain funny and stupid.

His production staff writes most of his material. Do you actually believe these are his own words and/or thoughts?

Well said and I totally agree!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I forgot to edit my title earlier.
I must have wrote: "I LOVE GLENN BECK!"

That's pure gold! Obviously you posters think this.

Naysayers alike, we just need to realize that this speech was a powerful one. Ideology aside, he's spouting the facts of the 1st depression (which no one seems to know about...research) and the Great Depression. GOVERNMENT CONTROL DOESN'T HELP.

What I got out of the speech was that in order to go back to the America that didn't strip away rights or try to spend outrageous amount of money is to go back to the conservative ideals. NOT spending money, Government CAN'T create sustaining jobs.
We, the People, do.
Sorry to break it to you, but "Big Corporations" create jobs too.

How do you posters mix up what he said with that?
Most of you don't see the speech as a lesson to learn, but a "fear-mongering", "neocon" bandwagon?

Come on people! Every human being has made mistakes in their lifetime, drug addicts, alcoholics and the like...
How does that make him any different from you?
Why demonize him?
Oh I forgot, you are perfect.

For all the posters that believe he is all hype, media paid slanderer, blah blah blah, can't you see you are falling for the same crap as the other side?
Can't you see that?
Why can't you take the speech for what it is. Information.
He's not trying to win fans! (he already has them)

Why must you be divided on any issues? Why not take the info, like it or not and learn something to do that could better your self.

Funny cause, I don't watch his show everyday. I don't visit his site, even.

But come on liberals! This way of thinking isn't working!
If you want to spread the wealth, start here!
[sarcasm]When you make $20,000 a year, I want my share.
Got that $20? Let me get my share.
Because I didn't work at all to deserve that. But I'm entitled to it.
I stayed at home and milked the government with all they can give because I'm too lazy to work for a living.
I want my free share TOO! [/sarcasm]

Progressive policies?
Yeah...let's spend money to get out of this mess. We all know that when your broke, you go get a loan. That clears the system right up! Now I'm just rich with DEBT.
Progressive mean progress.
The people that are making your "progress" are spending your kids lives away.

America was not born with people who let the government take care of them. The worked HARD to start whatever business they could to make money and better their lives and their children's lives.

Yes I said LAZY PEOPLE.
The people that think they are "entitled" to something.
While I work to pay for my taxes, the government hands away money to those who don't work, or those that won't work.
I, on the other hand, still have to work hard days just to make a buck and try to eek out a living. You think I don't fight everyday about hearing this "Progressive" gov't spend my money, irresponsibly?

Like the man said. "Life isn't fair."
We all need jobs! We all need money! We all need to work.
Government jobs are NOT the answer.

End of discussion. Like it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join