It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's powerful speech at CPAC. - must watch!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Please watch this speech if you haven't yet.

Full video of Glenn Beck's CPAC speech

I don't care if you like this guy or not.
His speech was great and held alot of water in my opinion!

This is probably one of the best speeches I've heard in a while.
Even compared to ALL the ones I've heard from Ron Paul.

Trying to embed it to make it easier but I dont think youtube has it yet...

[edit on 21-2-2010 by havok]

+68 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure which is worse, a government that exploits its people, or a tool like Beck who exploits people for ratings and financial gain by jumping on any controversial issue, sensationalizing it, fear-mongering, and/or anything that draws a large audience.

Stop feeding this tool, he's getting FAT and quickly losing what little independent intelligence he once had.

He was better when he was just plain funny and stupid.

His production staff writes most of his material. Do you actually believe these are his own words and/or thoughts?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Feeding this tool?

This TOOL is what is explaining to most Americans what going on!
Regardless of political party affiliation!

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I'm not sure which is worse, a government that exploits its people, or a tool like Beck who exploits people for ratings and financial gain by jumping on any controversial issue, sensationalizing it, fear-mongering, and/or anything that draws a large audience.

We all know he plugs Goldline and other survival companies, but how else is this guy going to make money? Just his broadcasting job?

Fear-mongering? Come on, walkswithfish, this guy is trying to get people off their collective butts and do something rather than sit and gripe about it.

At least he is trying!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I used to follow Glenn Beck a while ago but stopped (no particular reason).

Why do people follow politicians who are obvious tools that follow the main two parties, but when someone talks out of party line and is doing a SUCCESS, people flip out and call them tools?

I will tell you why. Because they are making money from it.

For some reason, making money and doing the right thing just does not belong anywhere in half our countries population now. Everyone associates money with evil acts of greed.

Hell, Glenn Beck could be doing this because he wants to for the people or the money. All I care about is if he follows through with his words and doesn't switch boat in regards to the public eye.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13

I knew that was going to happen.
noobsauce13, I understand what you said, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I will tell you why. Because they are making money from it.

What do you think should happen? Not get paid?
Did you even watch the speech?

For some reason, making money and doing the right thing just does not belong anywhere in half our countries population now. Everyone associates money with evil acts of greed.

Hell, Glenn Beck could be doing this because he wants to for the people or the money. All I care about is if he follows through with his words and doesn't switch boat in regards to the public eye.

This country was founded on success in this economy.
People need to learn they have to work HARD to earn money!

NOTHING should be handed to you. There's no easy way around it.
Americans are not entitled to success! You have to earn it!

When things are handed to you, you get spoiled.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by havok]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If Beck is even the smallest fraction of the person you all have been fooled into believing he is... He should immediately make moves toward becoming a candidate. But, that would mean he would have to give up his high paying job for public service eventually... Oh and if he lost it could hurt his return to broadcast television and radio.

Then again, a move into a political career would require more than a huge cut in pay, it would require actions to go with all of the BS. Beck can't do both... But he is an excellent Bulls*er.

I will admit, he is a good entertainer.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a devout Mormon and he believes what the church of Latter Day Saints (LDS) teaches. This alone should be reason enough for most people to doubt what he says.

For a sample of some of these beliefs you can read about them here:

mmoutreachinc.com...

He deliberately utilizes sensationalism and fear-mongering in order to directly profit. My favorite was a few weeks back when he compared Obama to the pilot of an airplane representing the economy, intentionally crashing the plane. Then a few episodes later he had a survivalist expert on, talking about the Hudson river landing and how do people in such a situation survive. They proceeded to talk about how those who survive the "crashes" don't think like everyone else, and that they take extraordinary steps to ensure they are safe.

Wouldn't you know they cut straight to a commercial about Goldline gold investments, then Life Lock, and then to some other ridiculous commercial that only enhances the fear.

This was nothing more than subliminal anchoring, where his viewers were trained to think of the plane as our economy, and then subconsciously telling them that they are the "special survivors" and they needed to take the means to save themselves and their families.

I also enjoy how he consistently puts photos of Obama up on the screen in nearly identical poses to various tyrants while attacking progressives by painting an evil history and how they have led to the downfall of our world, when in fact many good progressives have created a much more stable, healthier world through numerous policies.

Glenn Beck enjoys spouting dates, events, and other little facts, but slanting and wrapping them up in barely coherent insane amounts of sensationalism, delussion, paranoia, and conspiracy.

Glenn Beck is nothing more than a shill, an opiate of the peasant working class, one that is force-feeding the love of the American dream and capitalism while expounding upon the suffering and death of the masses as something good. He is a master at making the victims of the elite actually appreciate, and embrace the gross inequality and abuse that they face on a day to day basis. To happily march every day to our corporate dictatorships as we toil away to barely ink out a sustainable living.

All along his little journey, he is profiting handsomely.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Glenn Beck, a self confessed Entertainer, torpedeoed Medina's campaign

because she supported the Free Speech of Truthers.

His real reason was to ensure Perry a victory.

By the Way, Beck showed HE was a 911 Truther previously.

Beck is a snake.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Wha?

You apparently mis-read my post.

I SUPPORT him.

Drop the hate before its to late.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I hate the SOB and think he is linked with the anti Christ and the apocalypse but it was a great speech. And with that he'll probably be our President one day. We are so smart.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by havok

Wha?

You apparently mis-read my post.

I SUPPORT him.

Drop the hate before its to late.

There's no 'hate'...
I like a good debate.

Listen all you people who are knocking Beck down.
My original posts clearly states.
"I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF HIM"

Opinions don't matter to me!
I don't care what he believes in or who pays him.

He is getting the right facts out.
Research it like I did. His numbers check out.
This speech is thought provoking and informative!
Why are you shooting the messenger?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

We all know he plugs Goldline and other survival companies, but how else is this guy going to make money? Just his broadcasting job?

Fear-mongering? Come on, walkswithfish, this guy is trying to get people off their collective butts and do something rather than sit and gripe about it.

At least he is trying!

Hmmm....

actually, yes. His broadcasting job. He is the highest rated person on the news channels, and i bet Fox is willing to pay him nicely for this. There is no need for more money, only a desire. This puts the other forms of income into the category of "greed".

Your response almost seemed incredulous. Either that, or you are being sarcastic in asking "How else is he going to make money?"

If Beck has an important message, and he is already making enough money to pay his bills and then some, one would wonder why he would find the need to hurt his own cause by bringing his reputation under attack just because he could get an extra 100k promoting Goldline in a 15 second spot.

Unless.....it is all for money.

Don't follow any man. You will almost always end up disappointed.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck has done far more than expose facts and truth.

He has exposed the extreme gullibility of a vast number of Americans.

For that, we should at least thank him.

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by havok

Nobody wants to watch the video. They just want to spout out hate without addressing the OP. There's a whole brigade out there that when they see the name "Glenn Beck" in a post they immediately attack it. I'd like to see a transcript put out with no name on it and then see what people have to say. I wonder how many jaws would drop when you told them it was Glenn Beck.

But that is just my opinion.

link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Sarcasm is hidden in alot of my posts.

Here's the thing.
When you realize what we do in America, its make MONEY.
Yes, greed is a part of that.

I can guarantee that 80-90% of people only do one thing in life.
Try to make more money.

So if this guy can at least show more people about what's wrong with the spending habits of this gov't then I am all for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I should've posted a title like this: Watch this anti-progressive video!

Without the name, like you said.

Its almost like there are people on this site that get paid to shoot down any ideas of conservatism.

Kind of like Beck gets paid to promote it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've hammered Beck a few times on these boards. I think his show has become a joke and he often stretches the truth or exagerates just to score points with viewers. So, I tend not to watch.

However, I caught about half of this speech over night. I think it came across significantly different than his show. It seemed well thought out and heart felt. There was a bit of theatre and progressive bashing. That being said a lot of what he said was true. The things he said about the right to fail was spot on. What he said about politicians needing to come to reality is true.

Beck said a lot of things that were true and that the average person can agree with. While I might not agree with him in the details, I think the concepts he brought up are pertinent and critical in these days.

"It seems to me that our government looks at the American people as the bad guy. We are not the bad guy, stop penalizing us."

There were parts of the speech I didn't like, but overall it was a powerful and necessary speech.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join