It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government employees are not innocent...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
reply to post by Snarf

That is so true but hey who cares its not like they can trace your IP address or something.

And yes I am employed by our Government.

Nice threat against the first amendment rights there.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Snarf

Or, maybe YOU should stop blaming your shortcomings on other people. You are responsible for your own life.

Government employee's are no more guilty for the OPs cut in food stamps than someone who works at a police station is guilty for police brutality.

Grow up.

Nice straw man there, followed up by a wildly off-base comparison.

Its not a straw man, its reality. If you can't cope with it, then thats your problem.

And its not widely off base. Its 100% on target.

Some Idiots (I wont name names, but i will capitalize the I) in this country think that John Smith who works at the IRS is responsible for something that John Smith doesn't even know about? And deserves to DIE!?

Well, in this case, i pray for Karma to be real. I really do. People who think that way are some of the lowest forms of scum. To condone violence against innocent people SHOULD Make you an enemy combatant and we SHOULD be able to throw your sorry asses in a long-forgotten prison some where and wait for you to rot.

You are LITERALLY regurgitating the talking points of every radical muslim out there.

Which probably means, radical idiot Muslims have infiltrated ATS to exploit the moronic masses with weak minds. God save us because it appears to be working.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Not when making threats against a Fed. employee or civilian.

@lines

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I don't think anyone is advocating attacking IRS agents in here.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Not when making threats against a Fed. employee or civilian.

@lines

What threats?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I was referring to the federal government in my original post, for I think of more localized government as being more directly influenced by community. Hopefully that will clear up a few misgivings.

As far as the airplane into the building situation, I do not condone the man's action. I merely am stating that were it the beginning of a true revolt and military action on behalf of the people, the people in the building choose their lot in life, and the consequences of that choosing should not be negated merely because they have rent due.

As for a better way, we have the blueprint for a truly great nation in our Constitution... Unfortunately it has been perverted and supressed to benefit those who would vote the powers that be perpetually into power.

I have a friend who just so happens to be a professor of history at the university level who once said to me "If Thomas Jefferson crawled out of the grave tomorrow, the first thing he'd do is go to Washington and kill every politician he could find... And think it was his civic duty to do so..."

I'm not condoning or condemning anyones actions against the government, merely stating the observation that if you are a part of the problem, then don't be surprised when the solution involves your removal...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No threats. Just....suggestions..

You have the right to say it. But you should understand there are consequences for what you say.

Just like you have the right to say what you want, why should another person not have the rights to DO what they want?

Condoning violence against innocent people is just as bad as pulling the trigger yourself.

The expression "the pen is mightier than the sword" actually means something and i hope one day you'll be able to understand it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

I'm not condoning or condemning anyones actions against the government, merely stating the observation that if you are a part of the problem, then don't be surprised when the solution involves your removal...

and i hope you can see how your own words apply to the same filth you're here preaching.

You are condoning it by suggesting that those innocent people are guilty & deserved it.

You can't recant now when the heat is onto you.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No threats. Just....suggestions..

You have the right to say it. But you should understand there are consequences for what you say.

Just like you have the right to say what you want, why should another person not have the rights to DO what they want?

Condoning violence against innocent people is just as bad as pulling the trigger yourself.

The expression "the pen is mightier than the sword" actually means something and i hope one day you'll be able to understand it.

So you are advocating government violence against those who oppose government violence.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
When do you decide that a person working for the goverment is against the people by doing there goverments will which is against the peoples will?

The annalagy of Nazi's doing the goverments bidding is extreme but it fits very well with the op's point.

When you knowingly do something that is morally or leagal wrong whether you are doing what your told by a higher authority or not its still wrong.

I would like to think that peacfull propest will change things in what our goverment think is a democracy but if it starts working the goverments will show there colours by banning the marches or labeling people domestic terrorists

If I am not wrong the above is already happening and one day the only way will be through violance, death and destruction and the people that work and support the goverment will naturally become a target.

So if you work for the goverment you have to accept the fact that if the fecal matter hits the fan your in the firing line if you can live with that then continue working for the goverment if you can't then find another job.

This excuse of there just trying to make a living is weak. con men, thieves, drug dealers are all trying to make a living that does not make it morally or legally acceptable but its ok if a person is working for a corrupt goverment.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I'm not recanting.. Read my posts, I never said he was right or just... merely commented on the supposed "innocents" within harms way... I stand by everything I've said.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So you are advocating government violence against those who oppose government violence.

Not government violence necessarily... And i'll be willing to admit that i do not have a problem with vengeance. If someone says something so utterly asinine, like what the OP is claiming, then no, i do not have a problem with someone "shutting him up"

I don't want to know the why, how, or who, but i do believe in life lessons. And saying garbage like in the OP simply because you think you're anonymous on the internet is a prime example of a life lesson that several children and weak minded individuals in this country need to figure out.

The easy way or the hard way. I honestly don't care

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

The OP isn't advocating violence.

This thread would have been shut down a long time ago if he was.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Sorry, I meant the OP or anyone else that makes threat against any other person If you think you can get away with it thats fine and dandy but if some one make a threat or attempts one and gets snuffed out hey they knew the price. Its a 2 way street.

But hey what do I know Ill just set back and watch.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Snarf

The OP isn't advocating violence.

This thread would have been shut down a long time ago if he was.

Seriously?

from the title of the OP

Government employees are not innocent

this suggests that it is not a crime to murder them in cold blood

Therefore if you should be hurt/killed in the line of fire, you are no "innocent" fodder, but rather a knowing and accepted member of an occupying dictatorship.

So now, the OP talks about being killed. Alrighty, so its okay to be killed JUST FOR working for the government. At least he's being honest and not hiding behind lies like you.

I know that the revolution hasn't become violent up to this point and that we are still trying to take the country back through peaceful means... But if you still work for an agency of the government, then you are accepting the credo of your employer, and can claim no innocence when the time for talk has ended

So here, we see the OP in his infinite glory taking claim to the movement, taking OWNERSHIP of the movement by calling it "We" and "ours" and saying that if you still work for the government when the "time for talk has ended" that "THEY" will kill you.

Not advocating violence?

The OP in and of its self is proof enough to invade his home by force and put him in prison for plotting a terrorist act. Who knows......maybe he will be .... Hell, i'd pay to watch it.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

I think when one comes to the understanding that government is acting violently against the citizenry at the core of everything it does, one can see why the OP said what he said.

The IRS is a violent organization that directs violence against people that have harmed no one.

By refusing to pay taxes, a citizen has brought harm to no one.

Joe Stack was an angry and misguided man, who in turn brought violence against those he rightly felt were bringing violence against himself, when he had up to this point, done no harm to anyone.

I prefer Gandhi's methods for ending violence over Stack's method, but we should all take Stack's actions as an opportunity to reflect on the nature of government itself, rather than dismissing Stack and ignoring the actions of government that caused his murderous behavior.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

BUT it is against the law. And unless the authoritative body (government) offers penalties for infractions of the law, then its impossible to maintain order.

But then we have people like you & the OP who live in the land of "blame your problems on other people".... so if i break into your home and destroy all of your possessions - i didnt HARM you. And i could even blame it on Paris Hilton, because she has so much, and i have so little in comparison.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Wow, by including myself in the majority of Americans, then I am a terrorist? Because the MAJORITY of Americans are displeased with the government and come November WE plan on taking it back! Now should WE be thwarted in that attempt, who knows what actions will be taken? But I assure you, I will be counted among the numbers acting against the thwarters, be it violent(never pataken), non-violent protest(have participated in many times) or other as yet unrealized method. And for that I deserve to be hauled out of my home and inprisoned... Very American of you to believe so.

Be careful what you wish for... you might get it...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

BUT it is against the law. And unless the authoritative body (government) offers penalties for infractions of the law, then its impossible to maintain order.

But then we have people like you & the OP who live in the land of "blame your problems on other people".... so if i break into your home and destroy all of your possessions - i didnt HARM you. And i could even blame it on Paris Hilton, because she has so much, and i have so little in comparison.

Laws that punish people who have harmed no one are morally and constitutionally wrong.

The banker bailouts were entirely legal, and morally wrong.

The government has taken a gun, put it to my head, looted me of my labor, and then handed that labor to banks.

All completely legal.

And yes, by robbing me, you have violated my property rights and absconded with my labor. You have caused great harm to me by robbing me.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

First off, there is no "majority" of Americans who condoned what that guy did with his airplane.

There is no "majority" of Americans who would dream of rising up and killing innocent people.

Only simple minded individuals who didn't receive enough spankings when growing up are in this group of troubled people.

And you think that electing a different BREED of politician is going to fix your problems?

See, your rant isnt about "Government" its about "Democrats"

You are one of the many in the moronic masses who think "My team" has the answers.

You're either FOR government or you're against it.

All you're doing is saying democrats should be allowed to die.

And all i'm saying is i hope it comes back to bite you in the ass.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join