It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government employees are not innocent...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

James Madison says he cant find in the constitution where it says the government can create a welfare system? I bet he couldnt find where it says that the government can condone owning slaves

[edit on 22-2-2010 by conspiracyrus]

Considering he actually WROTE and SIGNED the document, its a safe bet he didnt have to go look through it to see what it content it contained.

Know your Constitution much?

Obviously not.

Yet here you are claiming you and SCOTUS know more than the people who wrote it.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

My point exactly ... he helped write it and even though no where in the constitution does it say that you can own slaves he went ahead and owned some anyway ... nice try though!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

It also doesnt say you can post on ATS. Using your own logic, you should log off right now and never post here again.

Seriously, quit making a fool of yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The Constitution doesnt say what people are ALLOWED to do.

It says what Government IS NOT ALLOWED to do.

Ever heard of something called freedom? How about liberty?

Evidently not.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Absolutely ... but what it does contain is a clause on procuring tax revenue ... using your own logic you should pay your taxes and love it

and the only fool here is the one slinging personal attacks

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

As soon as the government spends tax money on ONLY the things contained in Article 1 Section 8, I would happily pay my taxes.

Since you are obviously unfamiliar with that section, here is a link:
Article 1 Section 8

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

and the only fool here is the one slinging personal attacks

Again, I am not attacking you. I am making observations about your lack of intelligence based upon the postings you make.

One does not need a giant billboard to see you lack even the simplest understanding of Constitutional law, or the Constitution in general.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes awesome you linked the constitution no please quote the area in which it is forbade to use taxes on social welfare programs

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

that sir is your opinion ... but you also lack an understanding in constitutional law ... unless you have your degree in said field of education?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes awesome you linked the constitution no please quote the area in which it is forbade to use taxes on social welfare programs

Jesus Christ, are you brain damaged? Ever suffered a brain injury?

Read Article 1 Section 8 again.

Those are the ONLY things the federal government may spend tax money on.

Any form of social assistance or charity isnt mentioned anywhere.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Please quote in the constitution where it says those are the only things that the government can spend money on

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Please quote in the constitution where it says those are the only things that the government can spend money on

Are you serious?

You really need me to put you through a Constitutional Law 101 class?

Wow, I didnt give you enough credit for being Constitutionally tarded.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8ec265ec4e8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

as if youve ever taken one .... laugh riot

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
here you should visit this website and read in depth about the general welfare clause members.tripod.com...

maybe you wont have to shell out on constitutional law classes

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I will tell you what i just told the other guy ... YOU USE THE SERVICES SO PAY FOR THEM

You just want to get a free ride... use things that only other people paid for ... reap the benefits of what someone else sowed ... no i absolutely get you being a sponge on society is awesome ... i mean if thats your thing

Just out of morbid curiosity, is there, that anyone knows of, a list of somsort that details a typical persons daily / monthly use of tax payer funded resources?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

you know there just might be....I would imagine though that just about everyone uses a government service just about everyday

if you count roads and k-12 education, water distribution systems, im sure ive left out alot ... but thats pretty much everyone using a government service at one point in their life

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Looks like there's only two people on here with their heads screwed on straight, but even you guys are going down the wrong path. Your TAXES don't even GET PAID to the govt. All taxes collected by the IRS are paid to the FED, a private, foreign owned bank. The IRS is not a govt agency at all, neither is the Fed. The IRS is merely the enforcement arm of a private bank. The tax money that they STEAL FROM YOU AT GUNPOINT, literally, doesn't even affect the principle of the "national debt", it just pays the INTEREST. That's why the "national debt" keeps going up, and will go up forever. This debt is owed to a bunch of foreigners. The govt does not collect any money from you, they "borrow" it from the Fed, and promise YOUR future work to pay it back. A teeny bit of this money is used for the general welfare. NONE is used for defense, what they call defense is big time offense, nothing else.

I drive on the roads, the taxes pay for em. Oh wait, they were paid for up front as defense bonds when they built the interstate highway system. And we pay tons of tolls, more than enough to replace everything about every three years.

If I had kids, why should I PAY for them to get govt propaganda brainwashing? And how come the govt propaganda brainwashing is mandatory and you are forced to pay for it, while any REAL education, universities etc. cost an arm and a leg, which you, oh, have to BORROW from the same banks, and sign away your future work.....

Fire department, OK. But if there were no taxes and you were just asked to DONATE voluntarily to the fire department, I guarantee they would get a LOT more money than they do now.

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security? I've never used any of these things, all I've ever done is pay into them and they are guaranteed to be broke and nonexistent by the time I ever would have a need of them.

I could go oin and on. I'm even getting off track here. THe point is, the IRS is not part of the government. They are enforcers for a criminal system set up in 1913, which can ONLY end in the central bank owning EVERYTHING. There is no other way this can end. They should be drawn and quartered for it, but they won't because not one person in a thousand even understands how they are ripping everyone off. Blowing up their buildings is pretty much the MOST PATRIOTIC THING that you could do.

But no one will. ONE GUY did, and he is being vilified as a madman. You are all fighting to keep the system that enslaves you. It is the continuation of the exact system that the American Revolution was against.

Anyone who works for the IRS is guilty, point blank. No question about it.

Lucky for me, I got out of the system seven years ago. It's much more obvious from the outside.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

By your logic, in America if you:

If you work for a fast food restaurant you are complicit in the country's obesity rate and are to blame for heart disease, the number one killer among men in the U.S.

If you work for a soda company you are to blame for the nation's skyrocketing diabetes rate and the high rate of obesity in America.

If you work for the cigarette industry you are to blame for anyone who has died from tobacco-induced cancers and complications.

If you work for a car company you are to be blamed for the auto fatalities which occurred that year on American roads.

If you work for a school you are to blame for the nation's high rate of illiteracy and the low number of students interested in science and computer degrees.

If you work for the music or entertainment industry you are to blame for the low numbers of students graduating with science, engineering and medical degrees in favor of "cool" jobs.

If you work anywhere in marketing you are to blame for the skyrocketing rate of teen suicides due to pushing young people toward the need to buy products to adorn their lives in order to fit in and making a mockery of those who aren't fortunate to afford such things.

If you work for the insurance industry you are guilty of driving up the costs of healthcare, making it less available for everyone.

If you work for the health care industry you are guilty of collaborating with the insurance industry to drive up the cost of healthcare just to benefit from the extra money.

Pretty stupid, your logic, dontcha think?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join